Guidelete deleting wrong gui OR layered window troubles

ovideo

Hello.

I'm having trouble with my script. It seems to work perfectly on both computers that i can access but it causes some problems on other computers. After padding it with trace lines i came to the conclusion that GUIDelete is deleting the wrong GUI, even though i'm using it with (the correct) handle and everything. Is this a known issue? Is it something i can fix or work around? I would post my entire code but it would take hours to make it work on another machine (uses a lot of stuff on my computer), and it would in no way guarantee that you can replicate it, so i'll just post the troubleing part and try to explain:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <autoitobject.au3>
#include <file.au3>
#include <oneventfunc.au3>
#requireAdmin
global $_gui
$_hotk1="{tab}"
$_PngPath=  ; path to a png here
$_offset=4
HotKeySet($_hotk1, "_toggleon")
while 1
wend

Func _SetBitmap($hGUI, $hImage, $iOpacity, $n_width, $n_height)
Local $hScrDC, $hMemDC, $hBitmap, $hOld, $pSize, $tSize, $pSource, $tSource, $pBlend, $tBlend
$hScrDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0)
$hMemDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hScrDC)
$hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImage)
$hOld = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hBitmap)
$tSize = DllStructCreate($tagSIZE)
$pSize = DllStructGetPtr($tSize)
DllStructSetData($tSize, "X", $n_width)
DllStructSetData($tSize, "Y", $n_height)
$tSource = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT)
$pSource = DllStructGetPtr($tSource)
$tBlend = DllStructCreate($tagBLENDFUNCTION)
$pBlend = DllStructGetPtr($tBlend)
DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Alpha", $iOpacity)
DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Format", 1)
_WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow($hGUI, $hScrDC, 0, $pSize, $hMemDC, $pSource, 0, $pBlend, $ULW_ALPHA)
_WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hScrDC)
_WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hOld)
_WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap)
_WinAPI_DeleteDC($hMemDC)
EndFunc   ;==>_SetBitmap
Func _toggleoff()
$h = False
GUIDelete($_gui)
HotKeySet($_hotk1, "_Toggleon")
EndFunc   ;==>_toggleoff
Func _toggleon()
HotKeySet($_hotk1)
$h = True
GUIDelete($_gui) ;==================================>this deletes a DIFFERENT GUI
_GDIPlus_Startup()
$_Image = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($_PngPath)
$_Wimage = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($_Image)
$_Himage = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($_Image)
$_gui = GUICreate("gui", $_Wimage, $_Himage, @DesktopWidth - $_Wimage - $_offset, @DesktopHeight - $_Himage - $_offset, -1, BitOR($ws_ex_layered, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $ws_ex_toolwindow))
GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNOACTIVATE, $_gui)
_SetBitmap($_gui, $_Image, 255, $_Wimage, $_Himage)
HotKeySet($_hotk1, "_Toggleoff")
_GDIPlus_ImageDispose($_Image)
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()
EndFunc

This part works ok, it overlays transparent png's as it should and also removes them as it should. The problem is, the GUIDelete with the huge comment arrow doesn't only delete $_gui, it also deletes another GUI that was created before in a totally unrelated way, using totally unrelated resources.

If this problem seems as weird to you as it does to me, maybe you can help me work around it, maybe by showing me how to remove the image without deleting the GUI. The _setbitmap function was taken from somewhere on the forum (would love to give credit where credit is due, but i can't find the thread in my browser history) - and i sort of need it the way it is since it properly displays transparent .png's. Any ideas for _UNsetbitmap?

And a totally unrelated question: How do i set SCiTe to build in x86? Seems to be using x64 by default and i can't find any settings for that.

Edited by ovideo

Is $h being declared somewhere else in your script? Also, try using IsHwnd() as a test before you delete your $_gui and then report.

If IsHWnd($_gui) Then
            GUIDelete($_gui)
        Else
            ConsoleWrite("1: $_gui is not an HWND")
        EndIf

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, $h is declared somewhere else, just forgot to add it in here. And yes, the problem was exactly what you suspected (finally got it sorted a few hours ago...), GUIDelete($_gui) was being called before $_gui was created, so the call was actually being made with parameter "", which defaulted to deleting my other gui. Solution was just like you posted, just without the bells and whistles:

IF $_gui then GUIDelete($_gui)

Thx for the help, problem solved :graduated: