Read string from dll

Hi everyone,

Okay so i have this silly idea that if i can just figure out how to do a simple call to a DLL file, to get the string of text from it, i can use a DLL file to keep my projects nice and neat by putting in all the differnt texts i need in to it, along with pictures and icons. Now i know and already use the icon function with a dll, since that was super easy, but i can't figure out how to read a string from a dll. I have been trying to use a copy of the windows "shell32.dll" file to read from the string table with out any luck.

Global $shell_dll = @ScriptDir & "\shell32.dll"
$RC = DllCall($shell_dll, "none", "String table")
msgbox(0,"test dll", $RC)

Now this i know is waaaaaaay off, but i just can't figure out the guides for this, i've been trying to RTFM, but....no luck, can't wrap my head around it. Can anyone help please?

You will need the Resources UDF to accomplish that task.

Edit:

Edit: Using _WinAPI_GetModuleHandle (after DLLOpen) or _WinAPI_LoadLibrary and then _WinAPI_LoadString should be better when accessing stringtable entries

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes