Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MattX

Chrome to finish loading a page

1 post in this topic

Just a quickie, I need some ideas in regards to returning a value once Chrome has finished loading a page. I know there is no Chrome UDF [ shame ] I will be launching the pages using the quick and dirty method of calling chrome with a web page after it:

chrome www.webpage.com

There is the WinWaitActive function but was wondering if anyone has managed to code a better method or do you think this is best way to approach it ?

FYI the majority of the time the web page opening will be from the local LAN. Thanking you in advance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• dilligence
      By dilligence
      Hello everyone,
      I could use some help with the following: 
      I'm a speech recognition user and recently I've started to use AutoIt for additional scripting because sometimes it works faster. 
      I would like to create an AutoIt script that will open the Chrome link on my desktop which is a a symbolic link, so that the Chrome cache is on my Ram drive:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disk-cache-dir="A:\Browser Cache"
      Next I want to send the website address, in this case: https://autochords.com/ (with SendKeys) to the address bar.
      Then another SendKeys to send Enter.
      I want to use this script when I'm working on my girlfriend's computer, where speech recognition isn't installed.
      I could use ShellExecute ("Chrome", "https://autochords.com/") but then it won't run via my ram drive.
      I am a Dragon NaturallySpeaking user. The program has a scripting language similar to VBA. In Dragon the command is as follows:
      HeardWord "open","chrome" ; HeardWord acts as if I literally said "open Chrome" this command opens any desktop shortcut no matter which window I'm working in.
      Wait 1500 
      SendKeys "https://autochords.com/"
      SendKeys "{Enter}"; these last three lines are similar to AutoIt language I think.....
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Rob

• zuliasro
      By zuliasro
      Hi,
      Please help me I haven't a big experience with AutoIt and JS.
      I develop a macro in AutoIt which open a Chrome browser, navigate between websites clicking no some links, insert data to forms, etc...
      Now I can't click on an element:
      <a class="mr-link js-click-link" style="font-size:16px; line-height:21px;"><u>Click now</u></a> Please pointing me how it's possible. 
      Thank you
    • zuliasro
      By zuliasro
      Hi,
      Please help me I haven't a big experience with AutoIt and JS.
      I develop a macro in AutoIt which open a Chrome browser, navigate between websites clicking no some links, insert data to forms, etc...
      Now I can't click on an element:

<a class="mr-link js-captcha-link" style="font-size:16px; line-height:21px;"><u>Введите код с картинки</u></a> Please pointing me how it's possible. 
      Thank you
    • billshu
      By billshu
      Is there any way to change chrome settings from Auto-it.  I would like to change back and forth, between "Allow Site to show POP-ups" and "Do not Allow Site to show POP-up"?
    • olmanRvr
      By olmanRvr
      I have a compiled script :-timeStampSecs.exe which returns timestamp in seconds. I call it in FileWrite to write the time stamp in a text file.But it writes some other values instead of the timestamp. Please help.
      thanks
      olmar
      The script is below:-
      $kNum=run("timeStampSecs.exe","",1); also tried with flags 2,4,8,10 $hFile=FileOpen("timeStamp.txt",2) FileWrite($hFile,"the key is: "&$kNum) FileClose("$hFile") ;Code of thetimeStampSecs.exe:- ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; #include <Date.au3> Func secFromEpoch() Local $ts=_DateDiff( "s","1970/01/01 00:00:00",_NowCalc()) $ts=String($ts) ConsoleWrite("timeStamp is: "&$ts&@CRLF) Return $ts EndFunc secFromEpoch()