Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikeman27294

Pasting when CTRL+V is a hotkey

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, I am making a program which acts like a clipboard, but it also does a number of alterations to the data, like removing certain elements from HTML that has been copied. One problem I have come up against, is that I cannot send the keystroke CTRL+V when hotkeyset is specifying that that hotkey points to the paste function. The only way I have found around this (Other than using another hotkey for pasting, Ctrl+Shift+V which pastes straight from the windows clipboard anyway), is to input the data with the send command. The problem with this however, is that as I am sending thousands of letters at a time, it is taking forever to type it all out. Does anybody know a way around this? I am aware that there is a Hotkey UDF. Does anybody know if this addresses this problem?

Thanks.

Edited by Mikeman27294

Try using Shift + Insert

Get Beta versions Here Get latest SciTE editor Here AutoIt 1-2-3 by Valuater - A great starting point.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Well that's new... Thanks a tonne. That should do perfectly.

Well that's new...

Just the opposite it is older than Windows

Get Beta versions Here Get latest SciTE editor Here AutoIt 1-2-3 by Valuater - A great starting point.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Ctrl-Ins = copy

Shift-Ins = paste

My fingers don't even know how to Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V and like.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I was wondering if there was a copy one too. Thanks.

ClipGet() and ClipPut() aren't useable here?

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

No, it is when I need to paste from the clipboard.

I had a program that I was using as a clipboard that could hold multiple different pieces of data (like the office clipboard) which could all be recalled later. Ofcourse, I wanted to use CTRL+V to paste so I set that as a hotkey and was using send. Then my brother asked why not just use clip put and paste it and it was because I didnt know any other hotkeys. It works now though, so thanks everyone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• MrCheese
      By MrCheese
      Hi,

Wondering what I'm doing wrong.
      as per my script, I activate an external program, copy data from it and I want to paste it into excel, after I clear the current sheet that is there.
      It is some sort of an array as when I manually paste it into excel it expands across rows and down columns (number of which varies).
      This repeats for Xno. of program instances, and consequently I would want it to cycle through x sheets.
      So far I have the following, noting that I dont have the sheet clearing thing detailed yet, but I get the following error: "Error copying cells. @error = 4, @extended = -2147352567"

func Primary() For $i=0 to ubound($term)-1 WinActivate($term[$i]) sleep(500) MouseClick("left",$OptX,$opty) Clipput("") sleep(500) send("!a") sleep(100) Do sleep(100) until Clipget() ;activates sheet no. specified by $i+ 1, removes data from sheet and pastes new data, cycles to the next sheet ;function to clear sheet _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook1.Worksheets($i+1), Default , "A1") If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 2", "Error copying cells." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 2", "Range 'A1' from workbook _Excel3.xls successfully copied to 'G15'.") Next EndFunc  
      Any help would be great.
    • spuuunit
      By spuuunit
      This is what I'm trying to do: In Firefox, if you hold down CTRL + C for about 200ms, then press CTRL + T. This is my code:
      While WinActive(" - Mozilla Firefox") If _IsPressed("A2", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Then $timer = TimerInit() While _IsPressed("A2", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Sleep(10) $diff = TimerDiff($timer) If $diff > 200 Then Send("^{T}") While _IsPressed("A2", $hDLL) And _IsPressed("43", $hDLL) Sleep(10) WEnd EndIf WEnd EndIf WEnd The problem is that the CTRL key gets stuck down after Send("^{T}"). I found this, but what I understand that happens when I release, and that is not what I want. The "General unstuck method" did nothing.
    • tcurran
      By tcurran
      Here's a short UDF that will, at least in most cases, detect whether a window can be copied from or pasted to programmatically--for example, by Send()ing ctl-c, ctl-v. This is often disabled when programs (like your AutoIt script) run at a lower UAC integrity level than the application they are trying to operate on.
      #include <WinAPI.au3> Func _WindowIsPasteable($handle) ;accepts window handle; returns true or false whether a window will accept Ctl-C, Ctl-V Local $bCanPaste = True Local $hTestWindowPID = 0 Local $hTestWindowTID = _WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId($handle, $hTestWindowPID) _WinAPI_AttachThreadInput(_WinAPI_GetCurrentThreadId(), $hTestWindowTID, True);attach to window we want to paste into $bCanPaste = _WinAPI_GetFocus() ;Test whether window is paste-able--returns False if it is not _WinAPI_AttachThreadInput(_WinAPI_GetCurrentThreadId, $hTestWindowTID, False);detach from window thread Return $bCanPaste EndFunc Pass it a window handle; it returns true or false whether a window will accept programmatic pasting. The function may not work on the CMD window, since it handles the clipboard uniquely.
      This function works by attaching to the program thread of the window whose handle it receives, then attempting to perform a GetFocus on that thread. In most cases, the attempt will fail if the window will not accept programmatic copy-paste.
    • Xandy
      By Xandy
      Screenshot program that can upload/FTP to website/storage with hotkey.
      Features GUI to display programmable keys.

Set the hotkeys with this function to use, and display hotkeys.
      ; hotkey_set() Parameters: ; ----------------------------------------------------------- ; $aHotkey -                The array hotkeys are stored in. This function sets the values of this array[hotkey_id][$hotkey_data] ; $dHotkey_id -             The enum for this hotkey index ; $sHotkey_description -     The label displayed to the user to represent function of hotkey ; $sHotkey_name -            The hotkey it'self.  Whatever name string you want to give the key ; $dHotkey_key -             The _IsPressed keycode ;    Keycodes AT: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_IsPressed.htm ; $dHotkey_shift -             Shift flag 0 or 1 Default off ; $dHotkey_ctrl -             Ctrl flag 0 or 1 Default off ; $dHotkey_alt -             Alt flag 0 or 1 Default off Func hotkey_set(ByRef $aHotkey, $dHotkey_id, $sHotkey_description, $sHotkey_name, $dHotkey_key, $dHotkey_shift = 0, $dHotkey_ctrl = 0, $dHotkey_alt = 0)     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_key_description] = $sHotkey_description     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_key_name] = $sHotkey_name     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_key] = $dHotkey_key     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_shift] = $dHotkey_shift     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_ctrl] = $dHotkey_ctrl     $aHotkey[$dHotkey_id][$eHotkey_data_alt] = $dHotkey_alt EndFunc   ;==>hotkey_set ; You can set your hotkeys here ; Please visit the hotkey_set() function for parameter information hotkey_set($aHotkey, $eHotkey_screenshot_ftp, "Selected Window to FTP", "F12", "7B", 0, 1, 0); F12 hotkey_set($aHotkey, $eHotkey_screenshot_disk, "Selected Window to Disk", "S", "53", 1, 1, 1); S hotkey_set($aHotkey, $eHotkey_clipboard_send, "Send Clipboard keystrokes", "F10", "79", 1, 1, 1); F10  
      Configure settings dialog:

Screenshot Filename and Screenshot Counter, are used to create simple unique filenames that can cycle. Copy URL to clipboard option. - For linking your screenshots. The screenshot file type is for local copy only. App always uses .JPG for FTP right now, but I could add FTP screenshot file type specification.  
      Any suggestions?  Did I break anything, what did I miss?
      Package uses TTS.au3 by Beege: 

FTP_Screen.zip
      File includes:
         - FTP_Screen.au3
         - FTPScreen.ico
         - TTS.au3 - by Beege
    • vindicta
      By vindicta
      Hello everyone,
      I am trying to setup a GUI accelerator to close the utility as soon as esc is pressed.  It works fine with hotkey but I want to make sure that the utility only exits if its window was active when esc was pressed. My utility has 2 buttons, Backup and Restore.
      The exit function checks if the button clicked was Backup or Restore and then displays an error message accordingly.
      If pressed backup, $button = 1
      if pressed restore, $button = 2
      the value of $button is set inside backup() or restore() functions
      Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Opt("GUICoordMode", 1) $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 419, 124, 238, 194, $WS_DLGFRAME) $B_backup = GUICtrlCreateButton("Backup", 48, 40, 145, 41) $B_restore = GUICtrlCreateButton("Restore", 224, 40, 145, 41) ;================ > HotKeySet('{ESC}', "terminate") GUICtrlSetOnEvent($B_backup, "Backup") GUICtrlSetOnEvent($B_restore, "Restore") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Dim $accelKey[1][2] = [["{ESC}", terminate()]] GUISetAccelerators($accelKey) While 1     Switch GUIGetMsg()         Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE             Exit     EndSwitch WEnd  
      Exit function:
      func terminate() Do     $msg = GUIGetMsg() Until $msg <> 0 While 1         If $button = 1 Then             ProcessClose("robocopy.exe")             MsgBox(16, "Abort!", "Backup Aborted!")             exit         ElseIf $button = 2 Then             ProcessClose("robocopy.exe")             MsgBox(16, "Abort!", "Restore Aborted!")             exit         Else             While 1                 For $i = 3 To 1 Step -1                     SplashTextOn("Closing Utility...", $i, 130, 54, -1, -1, 0, "Calibri", "", 900)                     Sleep(1000)                 Next                 ExitLoop             WEnd             SplashOff()             Exit Endif WEnd What am I doing wrong here? The utility closes as soon as it launches with Splash text.