Hey everyone, I am making a program which acts like a clipboard, but it also does a number of alterations to the data, like removing certain elements from HTML that has been copied. One problem I have come up against, is that I cannot send the keystroke CTRL+V when hotkeyset is specifying that that hotkey points to the paste function. The only way I have found around this (Other than using another hotkey for pasting, Ctrl+Shift+V which pastes straight from the windows clipboard anyway), is to input the data with the send command. The problem with this however, is that as I am sending thousands of letters at a time, it is taking forever to type it all out. Does anybody know a way around this? I am aware that there is a Hotkey UDF. Does anybody know if this addresses this problem?

Thanks.

Edited by Mikeman27294

Well that's new...

Just the opposite it is older than Windows

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Ctrl-Ins = copy

Shift-Ins = paste

My fingers don't even know how to Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V and like.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• 3 weeks later...

No, it is when I need to paste from the clipboard.

I had a program that I was using as a clipboard that could hold multiple different pieces of data (like the office clipboard) which could all be recalled later. Ofcourse, I wanted to use CTRL+V to paste so I set that as a hotkey and was using send. Then my brother asked why not just use clip put and paste it and it was because I didnt know any other hotkeys. It works now though, so thanks everyone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rskm
      Hi, I have 5 notepad files with lot of data in each of it. The data are arranged in lines and i wish to get it pasted/copied into excel.  Say, i need to read notepad1 and paste the contents into sheet1 of excel and notepad2 to sheet2 and so on.  If i read the notepad and paste it line by line, it is taking lot of time.  Is there a way by which i can paste the whole of notepad file into excel sheet(and get it pasted line by line as shown in the attached excel), instead of using code to write it line by line?.. I was using Filewriteline(data, line i) initially to write to excel.  The 'i' value was incremented with for loop and the excel was updated, but this takes lot of time.  The expected excel format is attached here.  any help is appreciated.  thanks
      Tmp.xls
    • By Synaps3
      This script will make it so you can press Alt + "+" in Windows Explorer to select all files with the current file extension. This is something that I wanted for a long time and it should be a feature in Windows, but it's not. The only way to get close is to use the search thing (but then it shows the results excluding everything else) or to group by that type, but I don't want it grouped.
      You can press Alt + Enter right after to open properties on those files or you can press delete to delete only files of that type.
      You need the "Automating Windows Explorer" pack here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/162905-automating-windows-explorer/

#include "Includes\AutomatingWindowsExplorer.au3" #include <Array.au3> Opt( "MustDeclareVars", 1 ) HotKeySet("!=", "SelectTypes") Func SelectTypes() ; Windows Explorer on XP, Vista, 7, 8 Local $hExplorer = WinGetHandle("[REGEXPCLASS:^(Cabinet|Explore)WClass$]") If Not $hExplorer Then MsgBox(0, "Explorer", "Could not find Windows Explorer.") Return EndIf $hExplorer = WinActive("[REGEXPCLASS:^(Cabinet|Explore)WClass$]") If Not $hExplorer Then MsgBox(0, "Explorer", "Windows Explorer is not in focus.") Return EndIf ; Get an IShellBrowser interface GetIShellBrowser($hExplorer) If Not IsObj($oIShellBrowser) Then MsgBox(0, "Explorer", "Could not get an IShellBrowser interface.") Return EndIf ; Get other interfaces GetShellInterfaces() ; Get selected files with full path ;GetFiles( $fSelected = False, $fFullPath = False, $fPidl = False, $iMax = 0 ) Local $aAllFiles = GetItems(False, False) Local $aFiles = GetItems(True, False) Local $sExt Local $i If UBound($aFiles) = 1 Then ;MsgBox(0, "Selected", $aFiles[0]) $sExt = StringRight($aFiles[0], StringLen($aFiles[0]) - StringInStr($aFiles[0], ".", 0, -1)) ;MsgBox(0, "Selected", $sExt) For $i = 0 To UBound($aAllFiles) - 1 If StringInStr($aAllFiles[$i], ".") > 0 Then If StringRight($aAllFiles[$i], StringLen($aAllFiles[$i]) - StringInStr($aAllFiles[$i], ".", 0, -1)) = $sExt Then SetSelectedItem($i) EndIf EndIf Next Else MsgBox($MB_ICONWARNING, "Error", "None or multiple items selected!") EndIf EndFunc While 1 GUIGetMsg() Wend  
    • By generic-username
      I've been trying to use the hotkey but it doesn't seem to work. The console log says "AU3 Check ended" thing everytime I run the script, it annoys the hell out of me. I'm quite new to AutoIt. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      HotKeySet("a", "notepad") HotKeySet("b", "notepad") HotKeySet("c", "notepad") HotKeySet("d", "notepad") HotKeySet("e", "notepad") HotKeySet("f", "notepad") HotKeySet("g", "notepad") HotKeySet("h", "notepad") HotKeySet("i", "notepad") HotKeySet("j", "notepad") HotKeySet("k", "notepad") HotKeySet("l", "notepad") HotKeySet("m", "notepad") HotKeySet("n", "notepad") HotKeySet("o", "notepad") HotKeySet("p", "notepad") HotKeySet("q", "notepad") HotKeySet("r", "notepad") HotKeySet("s", "notepad") HotKeySet("t", "notepad") HotKeySet("u", "notepad") HotKeySet("v", "notepad") HotKeySet("w", "notepad") HotKeySet("x", "notepad") HotKeySet("y", "notepad") HotKeySet("z", "notepad") HotKeySet("{[}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{]}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{'}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{;}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{,}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{/}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{?}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{.}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{<}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{>}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{}}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{\}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{{}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{|}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{=}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{+}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{-}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{_}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{(}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{)}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{*}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{&}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{^}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{%}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{$}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{#}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{@}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{!}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{`}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{~}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{1}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{2}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{3}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{4}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{5}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{6}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{7}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{8}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{9}", "notepad") HotKeySet("{0}", "notepad") Func notepad() Run("notepad.exe") EndFunc  
    • By Dan_555
      Hi, 
      here is a configurable HotKey Gui script, which i wrote for my current Project:
      #include <Array.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #include <GuiComboBox.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <String.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $snip_inifile = @ScriptDir & "\" & "hotkeygui.ini" ;If $HKSTRING is changed, make sure to adjust the $z number in the SetHotkeyKeys function. Local $HKSTRING = "[;][#;Win][!;Alt][+;Shift][^;Ctrl][0;0][1;1][2;2][3;3][4;4][5;5][6;6][7;7][8;8][9;9][a;a][b;b][c;c][d;d][e;e][f;f][g;g][h;h][i;i][j;j][k;k][l;l][m;m][n;n][o;o][p;p][q;q][r;r][s;s][t;t][u;u][v;v][w;w][x;x][y;y][z;z][{PAUSE};Pause][{BREAK};Break][{HOME};Home/Pos1][{END};END][{PGUP};Page UP][{PGDN};Page Down][{F1};F1][{F2};F2][{F3};F3][{F4};F4][{F5};F5][{F6};F6][{F7};F7][{F8};F8][{F9};F9][{F10};F10][{F11};F11][{F12};F12][{SPACE};Space]" Local $HKT = _StringBetween($HKSTRING, "[", "]") Global $HK, $HKS Global $h_HotkeyTestInput Dim $HK[0][2] ;Hotkey keys+names Dim $HKS[6] ;Hotkey (ini)settings 0-3 combo boxes, 4 = Redirect the hotkey test to the input box, 5=Current Hotkey Set. For $x = 0 To UBound($HKT) - 1 ;Make an array including the text from HKSTRING _ArrayAdd($HK, $HKT[$x], 0, ";") Next $HKT = "" $HKSTRING = "" SetHotkeyKeys(0) ;Set the initial hotkey SetHotkeyKeys(1) ;Open the config-gui while 1 ;Test the hotkey. Output is in the console. Exit through traymenue. sleep (10) WEnd Func SetHotkeyKeys($showgui = 0) ;$showgui 0 = Set the saved hotkeys, 1 = Show gui to change the settings Local $a, $b, $c, $z $z=4 ;$z of the text from $HK will go in to c1-c3, the rest goes to c4 $HKS[0] = IniRead($snip_inifile, "hotkey", "0", "4") $HKS[1] = IniRead($snip_inifile, "hotkey", "1", "0") $HKS[2] = IniRead($snip_inifile, "hotkey", "2", "0") $HKS[3] = IniRead($snip_inifile, "hotkey", "3", "12") $HKS[4] = 0 $HKS[5] = $HK[$HKS[0]][0] & $HK[$HKS[1]][0] & $HK[$HKS[2]][0] & $HK[$HKS[3] + $z + 1][0] If $showgui = 1 Then $HKS[4] = 1 #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Hotkey Config", 317, 79, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP + $WS_CAPTION) $C1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 4, 50, 72, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL)) $C2 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 82, 50, 72, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL)) $C3 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 161, 50, 72, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL)) $C4 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 239, 50, 72, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $CBS_AUTOHSCROLL)) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Please set a hotkey to use. Note: Not all combos may work.", 4, 30, 300, 17) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Set + Save", 4, 4, 70, 23) $h_HotkeyTestInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("Test", 82, 5, 150, 21) $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 239, 5, 72, 23) _GUICtrlComboBox_SetMinVisible($C4, 60) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### For $x = 0 To UBound($HK) - 1 If $x <= $z Then _GUICtrlComboBox_AddString($C1, $HK[$x][1]) _GUICtrlComboBox_AddString($C2, $HK[$x][1]) _GUICtrlComboBox_AddString($C3, $HK[$x][1]) Else _GUICtrlComboBox_AddString($C4, $HK[$x][1]) EndIf Next _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel($C1, $HKS[0]) _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel($C2, $HKS[1]) _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel($C3, $HKS[2]) _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel($C4, $HKS[3]) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $Button2 GUIDelete($Form1) ExitLoop Case $Button1 $HKS[0] = _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($C1) ;Read the combo - boxes $HKS[1] = _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($C2) $HKS[2] = _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($C3) $HKS[3] = _GUICtrlComboBox_GetCurSel($C4) HotKeySet($HKS[5]) ;Clear the Old Hotkey $HKS[5] = $HK[$HKS[0]][0] & $HK[$HKS[1]][0] & $HK[$HKS[2]][0] & $HK[$HKS[3] + $z +1][0] ;Assemble the hotkey string, use $z+1 ! If HotKeySet($HKS[5], "DoHotkey") = 0 Then MsgBox(0, "Hotkey", "Err: Could not set. " & $HKS[5]) ;Set the hotkey or display a message IniWrite($snip_inifile, "hotkey", "0", $HKS[0]) ;Save the hotkey to the ini file IniWrite($snip_inifile, "hotkey", "1", $HKS[1]) IniWrite($snip_inifile, "hotkey", "2", $HKS[2]) IniWrite($snip_inifile, "hotkey", "3", $HKS[3]) EndSwitch WEnd EndIf If $HKS[4] = 0 Then ;Function was called with 0 $HKS[5] = $HK[$HKS[0]][0] & $HK[$HKS[1]][0] & $HK[$HKS[2]][0] & $HK[$HKS[3] + $z + 1][0] If HotKeySet($HKS[5], "DoHotkey") = 0 Then MsgBox(0, "Hotkey", "Err: Could not set. " & $HKS[5]) Else $HKS[4] = 0 EndIf EndFunc ;==>SetHotkeyKeys Func DoHotkey() If $HKS[4] = 0 Then ;Main function ConsoleWrite("PRESS" & @CRLF) Else ;Gui test code: GUICtrlSetData($h_HotkeyTestInput, "Hotkey ! " & @hour & ":" & @min & ":" & @SEC) EndIf EndFunc ;==>DisplayActiveProcess This script uses only 1 hotkey, and saves it  into an ini file.
      To load and use the saved Hotkey from the ini use: SetHotkeyKeys(0) 
      And to open the configuration window, use SetHotkeyKeys(1). 
      Have fun.
    • By Bhooshan
      I need to mute an ongoing call on Microsoft teams without activating the window. Teams allows us to mute using shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+m but only when the window is active.
      # Used set option as ongoing call can be with any person which leads to change in Title Name.
      AutoItSetOption ( "WinTitleMatchMode", 2 ) 
      # I am not clear with the control ID which will be good to use here and also the key combination of ^M       
      ControlSend ( "Microsoft Teams", "", "[CLASS:Intermediate D3D Window; INSTANCE:1]", "{ctrl down}")

Can anyone help...!!!