Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnmcloud

[SOLVED] FileSetAttrib - Variable & Macro

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi guys, i have a question.

Why this work:

FileSetAttrib("C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Xp\Desktop\Test", "+SH",1)

And this not?

$Folder="test"
FileSetAttrib('"' & @WorkingDir & "\" & $Folder & '"', "+SH",1)

Is a limitation or my error?

Thanks for support

Edited by johnmcloud

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

The only reason that wouldn't work is if @WorkingDir isn't the directory you think it is.

Uh? Is the same directory, i have create a "Test" folder. Take a look:

$NewFolder="Test"
MsgBox(0,0,'"' & @WorkingDir & "" & $NewFolder & '"')

The result is the same dir of the script with full path, so is the same.

Edited by johnmcloud

johnmcloud,

You have superfluous quotes in your "file pattern" parameter - try this:

FileSetAttrib(@WorkingDir & "" & $Folder, "+SH",1)

You do not need quotes around variables, only strings. You need additonal quotes around path strings when you pass them to the DOS console using Run(@ComSpec & " /c "....) and they contain spaces - but not with the AutoIt native commands. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

johnmcloud,

You have superfluous quotes in your "file pattern" parameter - try this:

FileSetAttrib(@WorkingDir & "" & $Folder, "+SH",1)

You do not need quotes around variables, only strings. You need additonal quotes around path strings when you pass them to the DOS console using Run(@ComSpec & " /c "....) and they contain spaces - but not with the AutoIt native commands. :)

M23

You have right, i have made the " " becouse i have try without it and not work. The problem was in my script i need to add a Sleep(500) between DirCreate and FileSetAttrib, withuot it i don't know why don't work on my system, maybe becouse the folder has a long name.

Thanks all

johnmcloud,

in my script i need to add a Sleep(500) between DirCreate and FileSetAttrib

You have to give the system time to recognize the new folder. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I keep losing the count of my $r varable when I go into the dropdown () function and call the same function.
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include<GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include<EditConstants.au3> #include<GUIConstants.au3> Global $iBox, $oExcel, $oWorkbook, $r = 1, $x = 3 HowMany() Excel () Dropdown () Sleep (500) Func Dropdown () $list = GUICreate("Chart", 225, 80) $combobox = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Clinic 1", 10, 10, 120, 20) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Clinic 2|Clinic 3|Clinic 4") $button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Select", 10, 40, 60, 20) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $guibox = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $guibox = $button Select Case GUICtrlRead($combobox) = "Clinic 1" GUIDelete($list) Auto () EndSelect Case $guibox = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE EndSelect WEnd EndFunc Func HowMany() Local $iMsg While 1 ;~ Turn input into a number $iBox = Number(InputBox ("Regestration", "How Many Patients are there total?")) ;~ If user enters a string or cancels then get them to try again If $iBox = 0 Then $iMsg = MsgBox(1,'Regestration', 'Please enter a valid number') If $iMsg = 2 Then Exit Else ExitLoop EndIf WEnd EndFunc Func Excel() While ProcessExists("EXCEL.EXE") $ms = MsgBox(5,"","Process error. You have an Excel sheet open. You must close it in order to let this program work. Please close it now.") If $ms=2 Then Exit ;~ Doesn't require sleep since the script is paused by the MsgBox above ;~ Sleep(250) WEnd ;~ Shouldn't use Global Scope inside functions moved to top of script Local $sExcelFile = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "(*.xlsx)") If FileExists($sExcelFile) Then ;~ Shouldn't use Global Scope inside functions moved to top of script $oExcel = _Excel_Open () $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel,$sExcelFile) ;this will open the chosen xls file. Else $oExcel = _Excel_Open() $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel, 2);this is here to create the xls file if it does not exist. EndIf EndFunc Func Auto() Local $aArray1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook) ;~ If $iBox is greater than no. of rows in $aArray then $iBox equals the number of rows in $aArray If $iBox > (UBound($aArray1) - 1) Then $iBox = UBound($aArray1) - 1 For $i = 2 To UBound($aArray1) - 1 ;$i =0 Start from row A If $aArray1[$i][1] = "" Then Continueloop $sR0 = $aArray1[$i][0] ;status $sR1 = $aArray1[$i][1] ;Last Name $sR2 = $aArray1[$i][2] ;First Name $sR3 = $aArray1[$i][3] ;DOB $sR4 = $aArray1[$i][4] ;Sex $sR5 = $aArray1[$i][5] ;Mailling Address $sR6 = $aArray1[$i][6] ;Zip $sR7 = $aArray1[$i][7] ;Phone # $sR8 = $aArray1[$i][8] ;Visit Reason $sR9 = $aArray1[$i][9] ;Insurance $sR10 = $aArray1[$i][10] ;Clinic $sR11 = $aArray1[$i][11] ;Provider $sR12 = $aArray1[$i][12] ;Appt Time $sR13 = $aArray1[$i][13] ;Appt Date WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad") ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "", $sR1 & ',' & $sR2 & @CR) $r += 1 If $r > $iBox Then Exit Dropdown () Next EndFunc so the second time I choose clinic 1 I want it to go to the next row which would be Champ brett in my example excel.

Test.xlsx
      Example Format.xlsx
    • ur
      By ur
      I wrote a macro for outlook to send an email.
      Till yesterday it worked, don't know why it is not working today
      I am getting below error when I ran the macro.

• TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello everyone, I discovered a bug yesterday and I posted it at the bug tracker:
      I also made a simple script which can be used to reproduce the bug:
      CreateVariable() ConsoleWrite($sGlobalVariable & @CRLF) Func CreateVariable() Global $sGlobalVariable = "Foobar" EndFunc The bug was closed by @BrewManNH:
      While I partially agree with the above statement, My code was not practical enough... so @mLipok advised me to create a thread on the forums with practical code (Thanks!). That is the point of this thread, I am going to provide the code where I experience this bug/problem .
      I discovered this bug when I was working on one of my projects called "ProxAllium". When the main script finishes execution, Au3Check throws a nasty warning about "variable possibly used before declaration":

As you can see, the variable is indeed being used after calling the function in which the variable is declared... The warning won't appear if I declare the function ABOVE the variable. As @BrewManNH said, Au3Check reads line by line... I think this should be changed, Au3Check should not throw warnings if the interpreter is able to run the code, at least most of the time anyway!
      So what do you guys think? Is this a valid bug?... and I request those who participate in the discussion not to discuss the code being "poor", that is another thing/thread in itself
      P.S I had already written this once but the forum editor decided to mess up and when I undid (Ctrl + Z) something... This is a poorly written version of that article, I was very frustrated while writing this!
    • TMelanson
      By TMelanson
      Hi folks,
      I'm hoping someone can help me out here.
      Background:
      I have the need to run a program with admin credentials (#RequireAdmin), and then get the SID of the locally logged in account. Not the admin account.
      If you look at the attached script, Line 16 uses the @UserName variable and returns the SID for the admin account I used to launch the app.
      I want to use line 17 which passes the result of the _GetUsername function which is a username using  ($UserName) to the WMIService.
      I'm getting " The requested action with this object has failed.:" error message.
      Any suggestions would be appreciated!

test1.au3
    • harvester2001
      By harvester2001
      Hi
      I need help, I found script to check computer model. I want use it in loop to chceck multiple pc`s (targets.txt with computer names).
      But when i try use inside loop i get error: Variable must be of type "Object" and I dont know how to fix this
      Plz help

Local $targets = @ScriptDir& "\targets.txt" Local $log_name = "\scan.log" $msgBox = MsgBox(4, "Scan", "need tergets.txt") Example() Func Example() If $msgBox = 7 Then exit EndIf If Not FileExists($targets) Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "File: targets.txt - no exist !") Exit EndIf FileOpen($targets, 0) Global $arr[1000] ReDim $arr[_FileCountLines($targets)+1] For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($targets) $line = FileReadLine($targets, $i) $arr[$i] = $line ; chceck if pc is online Local $iPing = Ping($arr[$i], 250) If $iPing Then ; ONLINE Local $strComputer = $arr[$i] $colItems = "" $Output="" $Output = $Output & "Computer: " & $strComputer & @CRLF $Output = $Output & "==========================================" & @CRLF $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\CIMV2") $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystemProduct", "WQL", _ "0x10" + "0x20") If IsObj($colItems) then For $objItem In $colItems $Output = $Output & "Vendor: " & $objItem.Vendor & @CRLF $Output = $Output & "SN: " & $objItem.IdentifyingNumber & @CRLF $Output = $Output & "Name: " & $objItem.Name & @CRLF $Output = $Output & "UUID: " & $objItem.UUID & @CRLF if Msgbox(1,"WMI Output",$Output) = 2 then ExitLoop $Output="" Next Else Msgbox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_ComputerSystemProduct" ) Endif Else ;OFFLINE _FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & $log_name, $arr[$i]&" OFFLINE") EndIf Next EndFunc