Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnmcloud

[SOLVED] FileSetAttrib - Variable & Macro

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi guys, i have a question.

Why this work:

FileSetAttrib("C:\Documents and Settings\Windows Xp\Desktop\Test", "+SH",1)

And this not?

$Folder="test"
FileSetAttrib('"' & @WorkingDir & "\" & $Folder & '"', "+SH",1)

Is a limitation or my error?

Thanks for support

Edited by johnmcloud

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

The only reason that wouldn't work is if @WorkingDir isn't the directory you think it is.

Uh? Is the same directory, i have create a "Test" folder. Take a look:

$NewFolder="Test"
MsgBox(0,0,'"' & @WorkingDir & "" & $NewFolder & '"')

The result is the same dir of the script with full path, so is the same.

Edited by johnmcloud

johnmcloud,

You have superfluous quotes in your "file pattern" parameter - try this:

FileSetAttrib(@WorkingDir & "" & $Folder, "+SH",1)

You do not need quotes around variables, only strings. You need additonal quotes around path strings when you pass them to the DOS console using Run(@ComSpec & " /c "....) and they contain spaces - but not with the AutoIt native commands. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

johnmcloud,

You have superfluous quotes in your "file pattern" parameter - try this:

FileSetAttrib(@WorkingDir & "" & $Folder, "+SH",1)

You do not need quotes around variables, only strings. You need additonal quotes around path strings when you pass them to the DOS console using Run(@ComSpec & " /c "....) and they contain spaces - but not with the AutoIt native commands. :)

M23

You have right, i have made the " " becouse i have try without it and not work. The problem was in my script i need to add a Sleep(500) between DirCreate and FileSetAttrib, withuot it i don't know why don't work on my system, maybe becouse the folder has a long name.

Thanks all

johnmcloud,

in my script i need to add a Sleep(500) between DirCreate and FileSetAttrib

You have to give the system time to recognize the new folder. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• PEscobar
      How do I get a variable to equal the number entered in a text box?
      By PEscobar
      #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\paulo\documents\gui.kxf Global $Form1_1 = GUICreate("Test", 499, 196, -1127, 323) Global $Amount = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Amount", 176, 80, 40, 17) Global $AmountInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 224, 80, 57, 21) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### $x = This one is just a test, but I want the value of $x to be whatever numbers the user types in. 
    • TheDcoder
      Is it a Good Idea?: $CmdLineRaw as a Macro
      By TheDcoder
      Hello! I am back with another IIAGI? (Is it a Good Idea?)

I think $CmdLineRaw is more like a macro than a "special" variable (which cannot be changed)... So making ti @CmdLineRaw would make more sense and there will 1 less exception to variables , I know that you were wondering about the $CmdLine "special" array... I didn't forgot it, but I don't think a macro can be a array, so I just ignored it... Maybe removing the $CmdLine and changing $CmdLineRaw to @CmdLine would be nice if you ask me .

Think before choosing! TD

P.S Feel free to disagree with me, I want hear your opinion as well .
    • gh0stid
      Autoit problem with $Filename creation please.. help
      By gh0stid
      Hello,

Sorry to bother you ... but .. I have a problem
      im pretty sure its something you can figure out in least than 5second, but for a reason I just cant get.... I dont.

Look its pretty simple. the script does as follow : search for different folder and subdirectories for NSF files. once found, it log it and copy to to a $storage of my choice .
      the problem is the following, theres is a "IF" if a file with the same name is found, it add _1 to the end of the filename... unfortunately for a reason i just dont get... I cant get it to work if I use anything else than : $Filename = @UserName & $suffixe & ".nsf""

I tried $aFiles $aNSFFiles etc.. nothing work. but @username does the increement..  ( around line 38 )
      thank you ...
    • tauruzian
      Script throw error when run from java code
      By tauruzian
      #include <WinAPIShPath.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> Global $file = "filenamectt.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) Global $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) ;msgbox(0,'', $line) Next FileClose($file) Global $aDays = StringSplit($line, "::") Global $fileName = $aDays[1] ;Local $aCmdLine = _WinAPI_CommandLineToArgv($CmdLineRaw) WinActivate($fileName) ;MsgBox (0,"Details",$fileName) Send("^c")I used above code to activate my document. It working fine when I run from AutoIt editor, fine when I execute from CMD. When I try to run from my Java project as 
      public void run_getPDFClipPdf1b() { try { // Runtime.getRuntime().exec("C:\\project\\autoit\\PDF_Clip_PDFParam.exe "+param1+""); Runtime.getRuntime().exec("exe\\PDF_Clip_PDFParam_2.exe"); // System.out.println("thread is running..."); } catch (Exception ex) { ex.printStackTrace(); } }it shows error like image below:

Please advice where I did wrong. 
    • Churchy112
      CSV to Webform
      By Churchy112
      Good morning,
      Apologies if this thread already exists or I've completely missed the answer in a similar thread. 
      I'm new to Autoit since yesterday, albeit that I've had an account for 3 years, I'm only starting to get into it. I am trying to create a script which will read my CSV row by row and create a variable per cell on that row. In my job I'm going to need to fill out a webform 100 times over so I would like to input each variable into my chosen field on this webform and repeat.
      I've been playing with AutoIT and this is what I've done so far, am I on the right track? I was thinking of using the StringSplit functions but I am a bit clueless to be honest. Any help would be Great to get me started.
      #include <file.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> #include <array.au3> _BrowseForFile() Global $aOutput, $FilePath _FileReadToArray ($FilePath,$aOutput,4,",") _ArrayDisplay($aOutput) Func _BrowseForFile() ;Sets $FilePath global $FilePath=FileOpenDialog("Browse for CSV",@DesktopDir,"csv files (*.csv)",$FD_MULTISELECT + $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST) EndFunc