New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v2.28

Jos

• Moderators

Revolter,

You need to add the abbreviations to your au3.abbrev.keywords.properties file so that SciTE can recognise them correctly. :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melba23,

SPACE key to expand not TAB sorry

i have this file (abbrev.properties):

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#

Created by UpdateDefs (don't change anything between the dashed lines)

#------------------------------------------------------------

# ' Global abbreviations file for SciTE (abbrev.properties) generated: 30.05.2007 '

# ' Contains a list of entries of the form abbreviation=expansion '

# ' Type the abbreviation and press Spacebar to insert the expansion '

# ' "|" marks the position the caret will be after expansion. '

# ' "n" marks a carriage return. "t" marks a Tab. '

#- 'A B B R E V I A T I O N S F O R A U T O I T B E T A' -#

#region - ctrl+b

where it says the ctrl+b shortcut

i didn't have a au3.abbrev.keywords.properties so i created it with the contents of the previous mentioned file contents but it still doesn't work :oops:

[center]Sorry for my bad english. Trying my best :Dhttp://iulianonofrei.comhttp://www.last.fm/user/Revolt666 [/center]

• Moderators

Revolter,

I am running an alpha version of the next SciTE4AutoIt3 release at the moment (which has a lot of changes in this area) so I am doing this from memory - although the basic files are very similar. :bye:

There are 2 files you need to amend - you can open them via the <Options> menu:

- 1. au3.keywords.abbreviations.properties - This file should be in ...AutoIt3SciTEProperties and has the following format:

au3.keywords.abbrev=abbrev1 abbrev2 
    abbrev3

You need to add your abbreviations to end of the list in lowercase

- 2. abbrev.properties - This is the file you mention above and should be in C:Documents and Settings<user name>". You need to add your abbreviations and their expansions outside of the marked lines.

Once you have done this, save the files and close and reopen SciTE and you should have your abbreviations working again.

If anyone else reading can confirm/correct the above, please do so. As I said my current SciTE installation is not at all the same - Jos and I hope it will be easier to manage things like this in future when it is released. :doh:

M23

P.S. I take it you are using the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package? :oops:

Edit: Found an old version and I hope the file names and locations are now correct. ;)

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Melba23,

It's actually C:UsersRevoltabbrev.properties and not au3.abbrev.properties

Uhm ... i don't know exactly :oops: ... I think i will uninstall and install it again ... could you please give me a link cuz i get confused on what i need to download

[center]Sorry for my bad english. Trying my best :Dhttp://iulianonofrei.comhttp://www.last.fm/user/Revolt666 [/center]

• Moderators

Revolter,

I amended the file names above once I found a working version of the old SciTE. :bye:

You download the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package from here. :oops:

M23

Spoiler

Melba23,

I uninstalled Scite and installed it again from the link you gave me and in the SciteProperties folder i have au3.abbrev.keywords.properties and au3.keywords.properties but no au3.keywords.abbreviations.properties file. Is this because i have a x64 opperating system? And I still need to press CTRL+B :doh: . In the Options menu > Open Abbreviation File (that opens me the file located at C:UsersRevoltabbrev.properties) it clearly says # ' Type the abbreviation and press Spacebar to insert the expansion ' but is not working :oops: . If I press CTRL+1 and then Color Settings it says Abbrev-Expand and it's colored red but still if I type for example cw for ConsoleWrite it won't color it red. I don't know what's wrong :bye:

IIRC, the au3.keywords.abbreviations.properties file was left out of the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer. It exists in the zip file version though, so you can grab it from there and place it in your Properties folder.

Additionally, your <user>abbrev.properties file should only contain 'import au3abbrev', while <user>au3abbrev.properties should contain all the actual expansions.

IIRC, the au3.keywords.abbreviations.properties file was left out of the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer. It exists in the zip file version though, so you can grab it from there and place it in your Properties folder.

Additionally, your <user>abbrev.properties file should only contain 'import au3abbrev', while <user>au3abbrev.properties should contain all the actual expansions.

OMG it works. Finally. Thank you very very much!!!

• 2 months later...

... and all changes will now be saved into SciTEUSer.properties

Mmm, Any chance something like this is(?), or could be, supported. (Think it would be a general useful feature.)

File: SciTEUser.properties

import .SciTEUserSciTEUser.autoit
import .SciTEUserSciTEUser.python
import .SciTEUserSciTEUser.batch
import .SciTEUserSciTEUser.lua

- Where ".SciTEUser" is just a personal created folder. (to move the files out of the User Root folder.)

[spelling]

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Considering its named Scite4AutoIt I guess its save to assume "No" And "No" as virtual answer.

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...