can i stop _FTP_FilePut () mid way through ?

Hi,

Iv been working on a speed tester for a while (to say the least) and testing the download is pretty much sorted but iv always had problems with the upload testing.

The download test is done by simply inetget a large file and then stopping it after a set period of time and using the downloaded files size & the time to calculate, or by using the performance counters to measure the throughput over a set time. (and other ways but the download is not my prob atm)

The UL test was done by the user choosing a local file of the right size for his connection speed so the test last a reasonable amount of time but the problem with that is when his speeds are particularly bad and it takes for ever to upload.

I have also played with the _FTP_ProgressUpload.

Also used DllCall($__ghWinInet_FTP, 'int', 'InternetWriteFile'..... and written chunks of "junk" data in a cycle but i cant get it right for all speeds of upload connection.

What i really want is to be able to do is _FTP_FilePut() a large file and then stop it at a specified period of time, measure the remote file size and we're away.

what would people suggest, how would you do a test that uploads for a set period of time no matter how fast the connection is & then stops the upload after that set period. It needs to show max throughputs available anywhere from 1Gb/s to 50Kb/s

Thx.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

• 1 month later...

well iv changed the upload testing a little , i get my app to run a child process that does the _FTP_FilePut() this way i can kill the child process at a given time and this stops the upload, i measure the throughput with performance counters. I use a very large file to upload to cover very fast connections (the upload test only lasts a few seconds though)

However im still having trouble, sometimes (really no very often at all) the ftp session is being left connected even though the process that connected/created it has been closed. I really would love to know how to do an upload test properly without all this messing around ! there must be a way to upload a file , measure its throughput (performance counters are fine here) every half sec & be able to stop it and close the connection at any point.

I see something like 116 people read this but no suggestions :-/

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D