Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedneckTech

User input timer

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to make it so that a script will only run if there has been no user input for timeX. Cant do system idle time as there are certain programs running in the background. been playing with _Timer_getidletime after finding the link below. Having no luck though because of the system not being actually idle. Any advice?

Hi, RednekTech. What do you equate to "user input", any movement of the mouse, or specifically interacting with your script? If you are looking for any movement of the mouse, look at the Helpfile under Mouse Management.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

im looking for mouse or keyboard input from the user. i have windows that will and are supposed to pop up as needed.

@ kafu that script looks awesome. really impressive work. just to clarify by your comment on it. does this work if the keyboard and mouse are inactive? i have scripts running that do a lot of command line and i need the windows to stay open just incase they would fail

Hmmm, what do you want the script to do if it detects an idle period? Just keep the station open and unlocked? Or should the script perform certain tasks?

Well ive copied and edited, but im just trying to make sure that it does not run the command if the user has not touched the keyboard or mouse for a certain time. these guys like to work late so i have to be wary with some things

considering its related to the same script ill leave it here. anyone know if there is a command such as GetHost () that returns the hostname so i can use it?

trying to do something like this:

$Name = GetHost([Flags])

FileOpen ("ServerShare" & $Name & ".txt" , 0 )