Print and save screen

gbails

I have tried using the following code but get

WARNING: $SRCCOPY: possibly used before declaration.

_WinAPI_BitBlt($hCDC, 0, 0, $iPicWidth, $iPicHeight, $hDDC, $iLeft-$iBorderV, $iTop-$iBorderT, $SRCCOPY)

and

ERROR: $SRCCOPY: undeclared global variable.

_WinAPI_BitBlt($hCDC, 0, 0, $iPicWidth, $iPicHeight, $hDDC, $iLeft-$iBorderV, $iTop-$iBorderT, $SRCCOPY)

not sure what to do. I have my code doing this on the screen and just want to have it save a copy of the screen between steps.

Screen shot test.au3

• Moderators

gbails,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Please try and post in the correct section next time - this section is reserved for "Examples", as the big banner at the top tells you. ;)

I will move your thread to the "General Support" section - but you will need to show a bit more initiative than that if you want to receive a lot of help. We expect you to at least take a look at the possible solutions in the Help file rather than ask for us to do all the work for you. :)

So you might want to look at the _ScreenCapture_* functions before you next post and see if any of them are suitable for what you want to do. If so then please feel free to ask questions about anything that is still unclear concerning their usage. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

well $SRCCOPY is not defined.

it is a variable that needs passing to the function it is used in.

Also, all you have there in that file is a function someone made, it is not called or used in any fashion.

I suggest you take a look at some of the basic tuts in the wiki.

In fact you might want to look at the absolute beginners guide in my signature, or even paste the code

under it, into scite editor and run it :)

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Thanks John and M23. I have looked at the beginners guide and some tutorials. I have a lot of other code I have written to do the main functions I wish to preform. I will keep looking for more information to solve this problem. The code I posted is one I found in one of the other threads. I saw most of the functions and was going to modify it for my own use but was not sure what program or add on most users use. I have been trying to use mainly autoit functions as I am still learning and maybe use an external program later if need be.

Thanks

gbails