text on an app's message box

Hi everyone,

I need some help again. I have an app that pops up a message box and on that message box, there is a text. However, neither AutoIt Window Info nor Spy++ is able to get a control or classname of that label. In visual basic, it's actually called a label.

Do I still have hope of getting the string value of that label?

On my other post, someone told me to use controlgettext. It worked. I tried it on the value of a radiobutton, and not on the label since Spy++ cannot find any classname.

$text = controlgettext("Mkisofs","","ThunderRT6CheckBox6")

msgbox (0, "Captured String", $text)

Please help.

Thanks,

Neil

Hi everyone,

I need some help again. I have an app that pops up a message box and on that message box, there is a text. However, neither AutoIt Window Info nor Spy++ is able to get a control or classname of that label. In visual basic, it's actually called a label.

Do I still have hope of getting the string value of that label?

On my other post, someone told me to use controlgettext. It worked. I tried it on the value of a radiobutton, and not on the label since Spy++ cannot find any classname.

$text = controlgettext("Mkisofs","","ThunderRT6CheckBox6")

msgbox (0, "Captured String", $text)

Please help.

Thanks,

Neil

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i could be wrong, but looks like you're trying to grab text from a checkbox rather than from a label...it should still show the text value in window info whichever type of control it is...

i could be wrong, but looks like you're trying to grab text from a checkbox rather than from a label...it should still show the text value in window info whichever type of control it is...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right, it's a checkbox. I was just showing my example that it was working if I will be grabbing the text from a checkbox. However, I really couldn't capture what control or classname of the text. If I hover the mouse on the text, nothing happens, it doesn't get a rectangular box which tells us that AutoIt window info is able to get property of it.

Anyways, here is what I'm planning to do since grabbing of text is impossible. How will I capture the gui of the msgbox that popped up and contained an odbc error? It's also the active window. Can I capture it and save it as a jpeg image?

Thanks,

Neil

You are right, it's a checkbox. I was just showing my example that it was working if I will be grabbing the text from a checkbox. However, I really couldn't capture what control or classname of the text. If I hover the mouse on the text, nothing happens, it doesn't get a rectangular box which tells us that AutoIt window info is able to get property of it.

Anyways, here is what I'm planning to do since grabbing of text is impossible. How will I capture the gui of the msgbox that popped up and contained an odbc error? It's also the active window. Can I capture it and save it as a jpeg image?

Thanks,

Neil

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there's a few ways to do what you want... a few that i could think of (i'm sure there are more) you could take a screenshot with print screen button to send to the clipboard, another thing to look at though, someone the other day linked to a UDF that captures text in games by taking an image and looking for characters in an included font file... you could probably use that to grab the text off of the message box. and i'm sure there are other ways with dll's, but i'm not sure how you'd go about that one...

One other thing you might want to look at would be the System Events see if that msgbox gets recorded as an application popup, if it does, then all the information you need is in that record.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

One other thing you might want to look at would be the System Events see if that msgbox gets recorded as an application popup, if it does, then all the information you need is in that record.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good idea, i wouldn't have even thought of that... i always have to do stuff the hard way i guess...