Silent Install: AutoIt stops sending last {ENTER} keystroke on last Installer screen

I have created a silent installer using AU3Recorder. It is basically just a firmware update to a printer. The problem is that after the program completes and the firmware updates, I can't get AutoIt to issue the last Send{ENTER} command. The screen just Exit screen just does not get dismissed.

I put a messagebox just before the last line of the code but that does not even get run by AutoIt. It seems like AutoIt just stops sending the last command. Thanks for any suggestions....

My code is as follows:

#region --- Internal functions Au3Recorder Start ---

Func _Au3RecordSetup()

Opt('WinWaitDelay',100)

Opt('WinDetectHiddenText',1)

Opt('MouseCoordMode',0)

EndFunc

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)

WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)

If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)

WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)

EndFunc

Run('C:\Drivers\Phaser6270Firmware\main\FFZNFWUPN.exe')

_WinWaitActivate("Xerox Phaser 6270 Photobook Printer - Firmware Update Software","Xerox Phaser 6270 Ph")

Send("{ENTER}")

_WinWaitActivate("Xerox Phaser 6270 Photobook Printer - Firmware Update Software","An update is availab")

;the last Send command does not close out the last screen

Send("{ENTER}")

I don't know what the function you call "_WinWaitActivate" contains, so just try using the native functions WinWait

and WinActivate.

I suspect your function does not see the window it's waiting for.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

Hi, GBARR. Does this firmware not support some sort of command line switch for a silent install? Most everything I package for Xerox products supports some sort of network install.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi JLlogan3o13, The firmware does not support any switches. I even ran it through a couple of utilities like USSF.exe and SFXmaker looking for anything. We even requested FujiXerox allow us to install silently. I work for Fujifilm.

Looks like that last screen just can't be dismissed using AutoIt. I see AutoIt remains running as I can see it in the tray icon area with script running. I was able to poll for a registry key so when the update was completed, the firmware updates put in a registry. That's how I know the install was completed successfully. Thanks for your help.

:oops: Undoubtedly, this case is quite possible and has probably occurred because of change in Window Title of Installer, ie. once it reaches the last screen, you should check if the Title-Text is the same or not.

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

• Moderators

Hi, ChromaMan. Is this a commercially available firmware update (something that you could provide me a link to)? My interest is greatly piqued and I wouldn't mind having a look at how they bundled the installer. It may be something that could be repackaged into an MSI for easier deployment.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Got it working ok. I found that the text that the AU3Recorder put in for the test for the last screen was incorrect. Once I used the Window Info tool, I was able to see what was wrong with the text and corrected. It works great now. Thanks to all for the suggestions.