Sign in to follow this  
Skitty

Portable Chrome browser setup utility

Skitty

So I wanted to install Chromium (from the repository where they release hourly builds) and decided to script it.

Compiled and script version included in download.

Compiled version removed since I need to clear for some upload space...

It's just a wrapper for chrome that will point it to a local user data profile directory.

Use the "start.exe" to launch the browser.

Chrome Portable Manager.rar - (55) previous downloads

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have no idea what will happen on 64bit systems ;)

Edited by ApudAngelorum

Things that I've done..

Icon Resource Editor: icon resource editor 

AutoIt Piano: a piano

AutoIt Unlocker: unlocks files when you want to delete them

Colorful tooltips: a wrapper for the tool tips UDF

Rouge GoogleBot: a full screen animation

ASciTE text editor: a text editor written in autoit

Warning: Posts by this user are subject to change or may disappear without notice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• xuzo
      By xuzo
      Haven't used AutoIt in years, so very rusty...
      I can make autoIT activate windows of different programs, but having a hard time getting it to activate different tabs on Google chrome.
      It only works if the window is open and all other tabs are closed.
      #include <Constants.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) WinActivate ( "Calc" ) WinWait("Calc") MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 100, 200, 2) send("{shiftdown}{end}{shiftup}{ctrlDown}c{ctrlUp}") $title = ClipGet() ;send($title) ;this is the section where I would like a specific tab to be activated WinActivate ( "Create +Prospects | Simple CRM - Cent Browser" ) WinWait("Create +Prospects | Simple CRM - Cent Browser") ;Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) ;Local $hWnd= WinWait("Simple") ;WinActivate($hWnd) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT, 300, 500, 2) Send($title)  
    • Marc
      By Marc
      Hi Folks,
      I've been very fond of portable software. Some of the portable programs are quite large, so to make the using fancier, I started to compress the portable applications into a WinRar SFX Archive which extracts the software to the tempdir, starts the software and afterward deletes the whole temp Dir.
      But it got cumbersome to manually extract the icon from the exe, make all necessary settings in the WinRar GUI - so I wrote this script. Nothing spectacular, but (in my eyes) very useful. After that, I added some other options to make it a little more versatile.
      Features:
      if we have a 32Bit and a 64Bit version, it can launch the correct Version (32Bit or 64Bit) fitting to the system the SFX is started on (contains a small exe file "universal_launcher.exe" which expects two parameters  for the 32Bit.exe and 64Bit.exe, checks the current system for 64Bit and then runs the correct file). Powerbasic Sourcecode of the exe file is included, of course. automatically extracts the icon from the chosen exe and uses it as icon for the SFX if the chosen exe file has a version number in it, the version is put in the resulting SFX's filename can just extract the files to a user-chosen directory OR can just extract the files to the program files directory (and, optionally, create a desktop shortcut) OR extract the files to a temp directory and run an exe Have fun with it
      best regards,
      Marc

MakeSFX v1.2.zip
      MakeSFXv1.3.zip
    • ademon
      By ademon
      Hi. I can open the editor with out problems but I can not compile because it is placed on another partition diferent from C.
      Can you provide an update of this bug?

• Seminko
      By Seminko
      I use Chrome's 'Translate this page' functionality quite a lot at work. My workflow is usually translating the page to english so I know what it is about, finding correct lines, translating it back to the original language so I can grab the correct XPath (since translating it, updates the structure and most importantly the text displayed, obviously), and rinse and repeat.
      Since I do it all the time, each unnecessary click in the end amounts to quite some time I would rather be spending actually working. You have to click the translate button, it asks whether you want to translate the page, you have to click yes. Then sometimes the little window is in the way so you click it off but when you need to translate back to the original language you have to click the little icon again.
      How would one go about automating it?
      Checked the forum and it seems that the old Chrome UDF doesn't work and the best way for interacting with Chrome is the WebDriver UDF which, from what I've read and tested a bit, creates a new, different instance of Chrome.
      I tried using the good old MouseClick but I don't find it reliable. Also ControlClick seems to be out of the picture since the whole Chrome window is "one single control".
      Any ideas are appreciated.
    • NHD
      By NHD
      Sorry, I'm not good English 

Hi,
      I'm developing CefAu3 project, it embed Chromium browser to your AutoIt program.
      I'm busy and can stop it. If you want to contribute, you can fork my project and build it yourself.

Some Features:
      - Easy create CEF window
      - Multi-message loop
      - Interaction between AutoIt and JavaScript
      - Supports AutoIt binding
      - Supports user events...

Github: https://github.com/wy3/cefau3
      Wiki: https://github.com/wy3/cefau3/wiki
      CEF + UDF: https://github.com/wy3/cefau3/releases/download/releases/Cefau3.zip
      Source code: https://github.com/wy3/cefau3/archive/master.zip

CEF project: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef
      Learn more: http://magpcss.org/ceforum/

[Processing in CEF: 30%]