Sign in to follow this  
Tjalve

Check file for changes

Tjalve

Hello my fellow scripters.

Im currently working on a script hat needs to check a specific file for changes.

The idee is to let the script sleep until the specific file gets updates or changed and then resume the script. What is the mot effective way of doing this?

Check the filezise is not practical since the size be the same evev if the file has been chaged. I dont want to read the entire file once every second.

Any smart idees?

JohnQSmith

@scullion: A file can be saved without changes and therefor have a modified time stamp.

@Tjalve: Look at _Crypt_HashFile using MD5 or SHA1.

Edit: Actually a combination of both would be best. Watch time stamp for changes then check hash to make sure.

Edited by JohnQSmith

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

Melba23

Tjalve,

seangriffin's FileSystemMonitor UDF will allow you to see when the file has been altered. I have used it very successfully to detect such changes. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• dadalt95
      By dadalt95
      Hi!
      I want to get the signal in this website:
      https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd
      I have tried using _IEBodyReadText  and some _StringBetween. What happens is that the text are being update every tick and _IEBodyReadText doesn't.
      To perform the update I used  _IEAction($oIE, "refresh") but it's not good because the website block me after some time due too many requests..
      Is there any other way to get this text every tick?
      PS: The text I want to get is WAIT, CALL or PUT.

Here is the code:
      global $oIE = _IECreate ('https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd', 0, 1 , 1 , 0) Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') ;MsgBox ( 0, "asf", $result[0]) $espera=StringInStr($result[0], "WAIT") $compra=StringInStr($result[0], "CALL") $venda=StringInStr($result[0], "PUT") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $espera) $n=0 $c=0 Captar() Func Captar() ;_IENavigate($oIE, "https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') If (Not $compra=0) And $n=0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "COMPRE") $n=1 $c=$c+1 ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "VENDA") $c=$c+1 $n=1 ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Esperando próxima rodada") $n=1 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Esperando próxima rodada") $n=1 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() Else ;MsgBox("", "", "ESPERE") $n=0 Sleep(1000) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') Captar() EndIf EndFunc  
    • Trisha
      By Trisha
      Hello,
      I Have clicked on save as option to save a file, while doing that I need to rename a file appending with sysdate. I have searched in google find the below one line of code:
      FileMove("C:\somefile.txt", "C:\somefile1.txt"), When I am trying to append with sysdate. It is not happening. Please help me out  with the small issue.
    • Ambient
      By Ambient
      I have tried several way sto get this to work to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include "GuiListViewEx.au3" $idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($r & " | " & $c & $adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value & " | " & $Timestamp & " | " & _StringProper($adoRs.Fields("Tillid").value) & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Card Number : " & $cardnum & " " , $idListView) ConsoleWrite( "IDITEM" & $idItem) If STRINGLEFT($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value,1)= "-" Then Consolewrite(" String is Negative" & @CRLF) ;Drops in Here as expected ;GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $COLOR_RED) ; Colour line if item is negative this didn' work $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor($hListView, $CLR_RED) ; I also tried $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor(-1, 0xFF0000) CONSOLEWRITE("TEXTCOLOUR RETURNED " & $TxC & @crlf) ; This is returning True ELSE Consolewrite(" String is NOT Negative" & @CRLF) EndIf  
    • lewisg
      By lewisg
      Suddenly a RunWait command has stop working after 2 years of no errors, issues, or problems. The code uses RunWait to start Plink.exe, a command-line remote connection tool similar to UNIX ssh. I'm using it to ssh to a linux (Centos) machine, run a Perl script, and redirect the output to a file on a PC running the AutoIt script.  

$FilePath = "C:\AutoIT\LED" $FilePathPlus = $FilePath & "\plink.exe" $Code1 = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt ", @SW_SHOW) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " = ' & @ComSpec & " /c " & $FilePathPlus & " -ssh -l root -pw ?????? 10.170.4.163 /usr/local/nagios/etc/led.pl > C:\AutoIT\LED\led.txt " & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console The ConsoleWrite output when cut-n-pasted into a DOS box produces the expected file so I know it works. I've also tried many variations of the function moving, adding, and changing the " and ' (quote) marks. Also tried it without the @ComSpec macro and other related functions...e.g.  ShellExecuteWait , etc.
      The PC is a Windows 10 64bit and AutoIT is version 3.3.14.2.
      Searching here and Google has not yielded any clues that helped. 
    • xEviiLx
      By xEviiLx
      I'm trying to read value of a base pointer + offset.
      With only address I can easily the value but with base addres (pointer) I really don't know how I can do that.