video file embedded in .exe

My desire is to embed an entire video file in a compiled script (.exe) and to play the video without extract it.

The final goal is to distribuite a video file (corporate video no XXX :P ) playable only on selected machines with particular files and registry entries; also the video has to be played offline

I know i can make a simple fileinstall() of the video to extract only matching certain conditions but the extracted video is shareable....

In forums i have found only topics about embed only a player in a gui.

There is only an old topic similar to my request :

but it ends with a broken link.

I know for example there is Camstudio able to generate video files in .exe.

Any ideas ?

thanks in advance. :ILA:

I am honored to reply to you, thanks for your useful SMT (search my files), me and my mates use it often.

I have checked the site, full of good stuff.

But Instantplayer don't have options for play videos versus a condition, or with a password (see request at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124111&page=2) ; btw I don't want to resolve with passwords.

Regards.

• Moderators

The thread below shows how to embed AVIs with the Resources UDF. That may be an option.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

That's really an interesting question how to embed an Avi file into an exe without file install or load it from resources.

Somebody knows a way to play an embedded avi file?

I found this here: How To Use MCI to Play AVI/WAVE Files from Memory but I don't know whether this fits here and how to implement it in AutoIt.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

So I have successfully embedded some .avi files with resources.au3 and the last version of reshacker.exe (3.6).

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=ResHacker.exe -add %out%,%out%,%scriptdir%Resourcessampleavi.avi,avi,101,0
GUICtrlCreateAvi(@ScriptFullPath,101,60,60,15,15,$ACS_AUTOPLAY+$ACS_TIMER)

I have 'upx=n' because with 100+ megabytes avi it takes an age to compress.

But only the sampleavi.avi (included in autoit Examples) want to play.

I am not able to play another avi.. :mad2:

I don't know what 'GUICtrlCreateAvi' is able to play,I know avi is a mere container so I thinked it was a problem related to codecs.

My machines are codec free, I like to use vlc or players with embedded codecs.

So I tried with a machine with a suite of codecs (K-LITE codec pack) but no success.

So I ask : how does it work guictrlcreateavi ? what .avi is able to play ?

Or my effort will be to create an exe with embedded another exe created with Instantplayer , but is not so elegant...

• 2 weeks later...

So I have tested the brilliant work from this topic :

It work's by embedding and running some types of .exe files, but it doesn't work for instantplayer exe files, and I suspect for the same good reason it doesn't work with autoit exe files, see post #115 of that topic.

Now I'am thinking ....