Help pulling data off a screen

So I don't even know if this is possible with autoit, but I figure I would ask. My goal is to create a script that can make a certain window active for a particular program, run some input lines and then read what the result of this is. Based on the result, I would like the script to do a certain task afterwards. Is it possible to search for a particular word on the screen?

I was fooling around with ControlGetText but I don't really understand it right now.

WinGetText("[ACTIVE]", "")

This will get the Text of the current active window

and if you want the text of the visible screen then try to make an array of window handles that are visible and then use the above function

My code:

PredictText: Predict Text of an Edit Control Like Scite. Remote Gmail: Execute your Scripts through Gmail. StringRegExp:Share and learn RegExp.

Run As System: A command line wrapper around PSEXEC.exe to execute your apps scripts as System (LSA). Database: An easier approach for _SQ_LITE beginners.

MathsEx: A UDF for Fractions and LCM, GCF/HCF. FloatingText: An UDF for make your text floating. Clipboard Extendor: A clipboard monitoring tool. 

Custom ScrollBar: Scroll Bar made with GDI+, user can use bitmaps instead. RestrictEdit_SRE: Restrict text in an Edit Control through a Regular Expression.

• Moderators

Hi, luke01215, welcome to the forum. The short answer to your question is yes, AutoIt can do that. I would sugges looking at the following:

1. "create a script that can make a certain window active for a particular program" - look in the help file for WinWaitActive or WinActivate.

2. "run some input lines and then read what the result of this is" - look in the help file for the Control commands to interact with the window.

The longer answer would be yes, AutoIt can do that - and we will be happy to assist you if you could provide more information:

What is the "particular program" you're trying to interact with?

What does the window that you want to interact with look like (screenshot)?

What text will you be searching for?

What "certain task" do you want to do based on the text?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!