Download Windows 7 image

Xandy

Customer laptop virus cleaning today. The customer stated that she had no disks. The system stated that no restoration partition or file existed. I do not have a copy of the Windows 7 Home prem oa. I suppose I could call the Sony Vio people. Should I just torrent the dvd file, I have done that in the past for other versions. Does anyone know what's best?

I am in the process of downloading the iso from this site.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248995/how_to_install_windows_7_without_the_disc.html

They have a list of versions that may always include what I need.

If you run into a simillar problem you can try downloading the Windows iso versions here. I'll let you know if it all works out on my win7 home prem x64 test.

Well I downloaded the iso and it seemed to work fine. Before I reinstalled it gave me a view of a restoration partition. After seeing clearly that such a partition existed. I looked up how to use the recovery, F10 at boot, go figure, I forgot. Anyway the site I linked above seems like a good place to get iso of the versions Windows, but I did not use it as I found the recovery partition and relearned howto use it.