Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aush

Caps Lock toggle w/o {CAPSLOCK toggle}

5 posts in this topic

Hello.

How can I toggle Caps Lock mode other way than Send("{CAPSLOCK on/off/toggle}")?

The problem is about Caps Lock button binded to other button from registry.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Create a function, with a boolean param, where the boolean will conditionally break up the characters, and append a '+' (shift) in front of the chars prior to send or controlsend

edit: or, you can use StringToASCIIArray, and logically change lower to upper, or upper to lower (add or subtract 32), then send with chr()...make sure to only do this on the range of alpha chars...also, if you want this outside of a scripted string, you probably wont get much help, 'cause that requires key logging

Edited by jdelaney
1 person likes this

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

If you're working with a string of characters, just read the string in and then use StringUpper. Ex:

$var = InputBox("Type in anything you want", "")
MsgBox(0, "", StringUpper($var))
1 person likes this

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

That won't shift the uppers to lower, but a good, generic, fix

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

True, it is more a wholesale change, but you could incorporate a StringSplit with StringUpper and StringLower. Just depends on the situation, which the OP was not too clear on.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Tarakesh
      By Tarakesh
      I have a situation where the desktop is designed in java swings. The nodes JTree is not allowing me to do checkbox selection using "spacebar". I am able to navigate through the nodes using up, down arrow and a tab. When I reach to the desire node selection, mouse left click is not working due a flaw a JTree core. However since it is selected, if mouse cursor auto moved to the position of the selection and send a "click"  then it should be solved. Any ideas much appreciated. 
      the problem with having fixed coordinates are the main windows is divided to 2panels where right panel containing this JTree can be expanded or shrink-ed.

• myspacee
      By myspacee
      Hello,
      need help to remap '<' button and SHIFT+'<'
      I made a little editor that allows to my users to write using proprietary codes.
      In production we have 2 keys/symbols that i want to 'emulate'. So, when is press on my keyboard :
      < = « SHIFT+< = » Try to use help example _IsPressed :

#include <Misc.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll") While 1 If _IsPressed("10", $hDLL) Then ConsoleWrite("_IsPressed - Shift Key was pressed." & @CRLF) ; Wait until key is released. While _IsPressed("10", $hDLL) Sleep(250) WEnd ConsoleWrite("_IsPressed - Shift Key was released." & @CRLF) ElseIf _IsPressed("1B", $hDLL) Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "_IsPressed", "Close the application.") ExitLoop EndIf Sleep(250) WEnd DllClose($hDLL) but how manage keys combination ?
      thank you for any help,
      m.
    • Tarakesh
      By Tarakesh
      Hi,
      First of all I would like say infinite thanks to the team involved in designing this great tool.
      Here is my problem
      1. Press windows button
      2. ESC
      3. TAB
      4. It will take me to the first pinned icon in the taskbar
      5. If I I do SHIFT F10 which usually opens context menu like  right click of the mouse.
      6. For one of the application I am using it does not support  Shift + F10 context menu rather it listens to only mouse right click event.
      7. I do a search in a tree view of my application and the search item is selected or focused
      8. For eg

User1

User2
           User3
      Now if I search for User1 the tab or focus move to User 1 (Red)
           User1

User2
           User3
      If I search for User3 the tab or focus moves to User 3
      Now my question is how can I move the mouse automatically go to the focused item on the window. Such that during automation I can issue MoveClick("{RIGHT}") as {SHIFT F10} is not working from the keyboard. It is a java app, unfortunately it is not honoring the right click events from keyboard to open the context

WinMinimizeAll();
      Send("^{ESC}")
      Sleep(200)
      Send("{ESC}")
      Send("{TAB}")

the above scripts take the tab to the first pinned icon in the taskbar. Now i want
      MouseMove( "move to tab" selection")

Regards,
      Tarakesh
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      I've seen the @kblayout macro, but the information I'm after is the keyboard layout (aka "Input Method") so I can detect if I'm using "US Keyboard" or "United States-Dvorak Keyboard" rather than 00000c09 or 00000409 which relate to languages such as EN AU or EN US for example.
      For example I have 1 language set up (English Australia) in my regional settings, but then under the language I have "US Keyboard" and "United States-Dvorak Keyboard" setup, so that when I press WIN+SPACE I can toggle between them.
      Effectively I want a way of determining if I'm running qwerty or dvorak.
      Thanks guys!!
    • GreenSparks
      By GreenSparks
      Hi!
      I post here because i was wonderring if someone in this forum could help me with my script.
      What i'm trying to do, is to basically install a new keyboard layout in Windows and activate it. I want to acheive by the registry or the command line, but not with the autoit automation tools, i don't find it stable...
      Thanks for your help and have a good day!