Working with DLLs

:bye: Hello everybody, I have a bit weird question. What I want to do is to call a DLL (from AutoIt of course) and :idiot: I want the script to continue its execution (while the DLL is doing its job). Any ideas on how this can be done?

Also, could anyone please give me a basic idea of DLL Callbacks etc. (I mean, what can we do with these etc.)

Thanks a lot...

Regards,

MKISH

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

:bye: Hello everybody, I have a bit weird question. What I want to do is to call a DLL (from AutoIt of course) and :idiot: I want the script to continue its execution (while the DLL is doing its job). Any ideas on how this can be done?

It cannot.

Also, could anyone please give me a basic idea of DLL Callbacks etc. (I mean, what can we do with these etc.)

Thanks a lot...

Regards,

MKISH

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Well I asked this because I saw somewhere on the internet that you could do this using PostMessage() function. But although this was done using multiple threads, I still believe there is scope of doing something like this in AutoIt.

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1