catch external WM_Messages

ziggery

hello everybody,

is it possible to catch WM_PAINT or WM_VSCROLL Message from 3rd Party apps like notepad.exe?

Im tryin to draw my own gui over some application.The drawing is fine,but i need to be notified when the user scrolls or resizes the window because the gui has to be moved and resized either.

I've tried the following:

global $hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 800, 600, -1, -1, BitOr($WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN))
global $PID = Run("notepad.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CLOSEClicked")

global $hMessageProc = DllCallbackRegister("CallWndProc", "long", "int;wparam;lparam")
global $hmod = _WinAPI_GetModuleHandle("notepad.exe")
ConsoleWrite($hMod) ;=0
global $hHook = _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx($WH_CALLWNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($hMessageProc), $hmod)

and my hook:

func CallWndProc($nCode, $wParam, $lParam)

If $nCode < 0 Then
     Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($hHook, $nCode, $wParam, $lParam)
EndIf
if $nCode=0 Then ;HC_ACTION
;local $point=DllStructCreate($tagPOINT)
local $CWPSTRUCT=DllStructCreate("LPARAM lparam;WPARAM wparam;UINT msg;HWND hwnd",$lParam)
local $msgid=DllStructGetData($CWPSTRUCT,"msg")
;if DllStructGetData($CWPRETSTRUCT,"hwnd")=$hWnd Then
; ConsoleWrite("BA")
;endif
ConsoleWrite($msgID)

endif

Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($hHook, $nCode, $wParam, $lParam)
endfunc

doesnt work.The modulehandle always return 0 because its not mapped into my apps memory.

Any ideas?

Hi,

So why haven't you bumped the thread linked to know if the author has solved the problem?

Br, FireFox.

I referred to that thread because the links you pointed to in your last post in that thread appeared to be helpful and relevant to this issue and I wanted to make sure OP was aware of them.

Anyway, to the OP: If you've already seen those threads then my apologies. Good luck!

I referred to that thread because the links you pointed to in your last post in that thread appeared to be helpful and relevant to this issue and I wanted to make sure OP was aware of them.

Anyway, to the OP: If you've already seen those threads then my apologies. Good luck!

So your problem is solved?

Br, FireFox.

I've tried shellhooker but it doesnt monitor messages like WM_Paint or WM_VSCROLL. Im pretty sure to solve my problem i dont need to do this:

Inject a DLL into the target process, subclass the main window procedure so you can intercept the process's window messages, then set up some interprocess communication with your AutoIt script.

...since i just want to be notified when some window changes.there must be some easy way