How to force a Blue Screen Of Death

Rex

I didn't know that you were looking for password protect the cd.  In my work cd I used  viceroy's Secure Screen allow me to create several user, differents password and also set and expiration date to any of the users.

http://viceroy25.tripod.com/

He also supplies the source code....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did't look for password protection of my cd, but now when i found out that i could use XPE to protect the sysboot, it could help me to protect the cd motch better :whistle:

But i would still encrypt the files that containg licens a.s.o, to i would use a expire date to be 100% sure (know that nothing is 100%)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't mean for the script to delete from the cd...

if registry editing is not possible with that type of a boot, then why not make an obscure ini that is looked for by your program, same concept, there is a control check that your software could look for at startup, and if found, your program knows it should be disabled.  that could be one trigger to create and execute the script mentioned above, which places (or overwrites if it already exists) the registry entry/ini file and ejects the cd...

***edit*** messed up on my bold tag...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahha , Oki that way - Now i think i know wath you meen.

But it's rare that the cd boots the same computer more than ones a day.

We (my staff) are driving around to diffrent coustomers to help with pc probs.

Some a firms, other are privates - but normaly we brings up the pc for with in an houre or two, and then next coustomer...

But the :dance: was briliant, i must rember it for use on some other time :whistle:

But it's rare that the cd boots the same computer more than ones a day.

right, but if say your tech ( i think i understand the situation now ) forgets to take his cd when he leaves, 2 weeks later when the customer tries to use the disk, the date check will fail, the program they're trying to run will create and run a script from the harddrive that tells them they aren't allowed to use the disk, the disk will be spit out (eject) and a toggle (file whose presence on the harddrive tells your program not to run at all next time) is created. For all intensive purposes the cd becomes useless at the time you want it to.

But the  was briliant

thank you very much, i'm usually more often on the side that is trying to remove the protection (for sport not piracy) than the side trying to enforce it, hopefully that's given me some insight on how to thwart others like me...

right, but if say your tech ( i think i understand the situation now ) forgets to take his cd when he leaves, 2 weeks later when the customer tries to use the disk, the date check will fail, the program they're trying to run will create and run a script from the harddrive that tells them they aren't allowed to use the disk, the disk will be spit out (eject) and a toggle (file whose presence on the harddrive tells your program not to run at all next time) is created.  For all intensive purposes the cd becomes useless at the time you want it to.

thank you very much, i'm usually more often on the side that is trying to remove the protection (for sport not piracy) than the side trying to enforce it, hopefully that's given me some insight on how to thwart others like me...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The meening with the cd is that you can boot a dead computer or recover deleted files and things like that, so i don't think that any one would use it more than a copel of times on the same computer, course you can't use the disk like an OS or somthing like that, it's for "recovery" only :whistle: . My current "block" script runs before the "system" is fully loaded, so the user never (if the cd i expired) never sees wats on the disk, and now where i can pass protect it, it would be mutch easyere to protect the licenses...

Take a look at Bart's PEbuilder

it's one of the bedst admin tools i ever found (besides AutoIT :dance::dance: )

/Rex

You should try viceroy's Secure Screen I add a shortcut to startup and another one to the quick launch. When I have Adaware running and cleaning spyware , I click the shorcut at the quick launch and lock the screen nobody can use that computer. I work on the next help desk call and back to the computer with the lock screen and finish my work.

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

• 7 months later...

It is because it can force the blue screen of death (I have done it)

But did you realize they got off the topic of BSOD a long time ago in this thread, and that the thread itself hasn't been active (other than your revival) since August 2005? (If you didn't notice, he said he abandoned the BSOD idea at post 15.)

• 1 month later...