Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burgs

GUICtrlGetState numeric value table listing?

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

This should be a simple question. According to the Help File for the 'GUICtrlGetState' command...

Success: Returns the state. See GUICtrlSetState for values

Failure: Returns -1 if control is not defined.

However upon checking the 'State Table' for the 'GUICtrlSetState' the numeric values do not seem to be listed, only a listing of the various states...how do I know what the values represent that the GUICtrlGetState returns? Specifically what are 80 and 144? I believe they are 'enabled' and 'disabled' but where is that info given in the help file? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm wondering why you are using GUICtrlGetState for another ctrl than a checkbox/radio.

All the values are listed in the table, but you can put them together (e.g : DISABLED+CHECKED).

So the best way for you to check the state would be to use the variables associated to the values like this :

;$myctrl is a checkbox visible, checked and disabled
$iState = GUICtrlGetState($myctrl) ;144

If $iState = BitOR($GUI_SHOW, $GUI_CHECKED, $GUI_DISABLE) Then ;145
EndIf

I wrote this before testing the script and as you can see the value is different from one..., maybe someone will tell us why.

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control