Making autoit copy files and manipulate flash program

Aarstad

Hi. I am very, very new to coding. Well sort of. I always tried to learn, but started and quit 2 minutes later. Must've been like 300 times or so with every single language on the planet so far (metaphorically speaking, that is).

On to the point,

I wonder if autoit allows me to just push a button for enabling a flashing program (hpusbfw), then copy over some files to the flashed drive. I am doing this manually at work these days and I still have more than a thousand to go till we're done. (i am flashing bootable sandisk images for our bingo games if anyone wonder).

Is this and easy task to emulate with autoit? I dont mind coding this myself if someone can (hopefully) point me in the right directions.

I'd really love a function that allows me to 'enable' it so it starts flashing, copying files and overwrite without a single click, just repeating the task every time i insert a new flash disk till i click stop.

Yes, AutoIt can do that. Look at the autoit window info tool to get the control information for the menu, and ControlClick() to push buttons. You can use ControlSend() to insert data into control fields.

That should be a good starting point.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Without trying out at home (I'm at work, and they don't allow installing .exe files here), I suppose the proper procedure would be:

1. make autoit wait for format required window to open.

2. close the format window

3. make hpusbfw software the active window (which is already presetup for flashing, just have to click start)

4. wait for window to finish.

5. start copying files from one folder to the newly flashed drive, overwrite anything that is existing.

6. when done, wait for the new format required window.

I did read some of the suggestions and I tried to google my way for the different functions.

Is it that simple with all the autoit functions? Is this what programming is all about?

You could do that, and that is called Automation of that app, hence AutoIt.

it is also possible that you could create a program to flash the drive yourself

assuming you have the relevant documentation.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

(I'm at work, and they don't allow installing .exe files here)

You can always try asking the boss to setup a test environment for you at work so you can utilize the tool to build the application.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”