Recording Direct Mouse Paths

Guest spritc

Guest spritc

Hi

I am looking for a software that automates mouse movements in a particular way and I would like to check if AutoIt does what I'd like before I download it.

I am creating an online training course and would like to automate mouse clicks by defining either a path or a number of points on the screen and have the mouse go exactly from point to point. Is that part of what AutoIt does? It is important that the cursor appears to go directly from one point to another, as opposed to me moving it, so that it looks more professional. I don't really even need it to click - is it possible just to track the direct path?

If this is not what AutoIt does, could you please recommend a software that does?

If I can achieve this with AutoIt, then please let me know how I can download it. I can't seem to access it on the website.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Link.

Guest spritc

See - I can't download it from there either. Can anyone just email it to me please?:-)

Also, why do I need the Scite program - what does that do?

Cheers,

Link.

Guest spritc

Ah - it appears the connection I have must be blocking it.

My wife has just sent it to me.

Thanks for all your help - I really appreciate it and will probbaly need it again once I get into it. I thought it would be as simple as picking two points and hitting some kind of 'Animate' button. I still hope it is, but it sounds like I'll need to nut out the scripting too.

If anyone has any advice on helping achieve my goal (and a little time to kill) I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks again - very helpful community!

Cheers,

Link.