Sign in to follow this  
AndyS01

User defined shortcut keys do not work

AndyS01

I'm trying to add a user shortcut key to display the calltip for the word I'm on, but nothing works.

Here's what I did:

I added these lines:

# User defined key commands

user.shortcuts=\

Alt+F1|IDM_SHOWCALLTIP\

Ctrl+Shift+V|IDM_PASTEANDDOWN|\

Ctrl+PageUp|IDM_PREVFILE|\

Ctrl+PageDown|IDM_NEXTFILE|\

KeypadPlus|IDM_EXPAND|\

KeypadMinus|IDM_BLOCK_COMMENT|\

Ctrl+F1|IDM_HELP_SCITE|

to these files:

C:\Users\<username>\SciTEUser.properties

C:\Users\<username>\SciTEGlobal.properties

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTEUser.properties

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTEGlobal.properties

When I restart the editor and try again, the Alt+F1 doesn't do anything. I've tried other shortcut key combinations (Ctrl+B, etc.), but none of them worked.

I've searched this forum, and I Googled it, but none of the suggestions worked.

Is there something else I need to change?

Jos

You are missing a verticalbar.

This works for me when added to SciTEUser.properties:

user.shortcuts=
Ctrl+B|IDM_SHOWCALLTIP|
Ctrl+Shift+V|IDM_PASTEANDDOWN|
Ctrl+PageUp|IDM_PREVFILE|
Ctrl+PageDown|IDM_NEXTFILE|
Ctrl+Alt+f|IDM_TOGGLE_FOLDALL|
Ctrl+Alt+x|IDM_TOGGLE_FOLDRECURSIVE|
Ctrl+F1|IDM_HELP_SCITE|

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

AndyS01

Thanks. I fixed that, but it still didn't work.

I'm in the editor and the caret is on the "M" of

MsgBox(, $title, $str)
and I press Ctrl-B and nothing happens.

Perhaps you could set it up like I have it. I moved the "user.shortcuts" lines to the END of the 2 properties files, with a blank line following them. Also, I wasn't sure where to put the properties files, so I copied both files to both directories. Could this make a difference?

AndyS01

That's what was wrong. Thank you very much!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Gaffgarion
      By Gaffgarion
      i found this script by melba23 and its exactly what i wanted > link
      #include <Misc.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll") HotKeySet("{q}","_Start") ; Fire HotKey on q key HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit") While 1 Sleep(10) WEnd Func _Start () ; Look for w key If _IsPressed("57", $hDLL) Then ; Only action if BOTH pressed MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Got it") EndIf EndFunc Func _Exit() DllClose($hDLL) Exit EndFunc  
      if im not wrong, if i hold q key first and then press w key, then the output will be messagebox that says "got it"
      but when i tested it, it doesnt do anything.
      but if i reverse the order, hold w key first, and then press q key, it works.
      now i dont know why is this happen, or is this how this script supposed to do? or there's something wrong?
      thank you.

• satanico64
      By satanico64
      hi guys, how are you ??  fine? good...
      Here is a little question: is it possible to know whish shortcut has been used to launch my autoit app ?
      i'm quite sure that there's nothing to do with autoit, but mostly windows ...

My context: i have an app accessed from the network by my user.
      In my app i use FileCreateShortcut to point to \\myfileserver\myapp.exe
      Soon, in october, they are going to change my fileserver, so my app will be on \myNEWfileserver\myapp.exe
      So in my code, i just rewrite my shortcut on the desktop's user. Everything works fine.
      BUT..some users have several shortcut for my app (they just manually create another shortcut which i don't know the name).
      So maybe they don't use my shortcut but their own ...
      => i know I could list all file on desktop, and for all the .lnk i check if destination is myapp.exe and modify the path but do you see another way ?

thanks
      have fun !

• VIP
      By VIP
      I can not do anything with any user in the "Local Users Group"
      I tried from my account but I could not change my password (ie set new password)!
      But I was able to activate the Administrator account and I logged into the Administrator account and still could not do anything with my account! But I can set the password and disable the Administrator account from my account or Administrator.
      Any ideas? (Ignore the click on the Sign-in option in the Change Accout settings.)

• ur
      By ur
      I am trying to launch the shortcut through autoit, but I am getting below error.
      [Window Title] C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\erwin\erwin Mart Server r9.8 (64-bit)\Create MartServer Service.lnk" [Content] Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\erwin\erwin Mart Server r9.8 (64-bit)\Create MartServer Service.lnk"'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. [OK] Launching the target directly is not feasible as it is dynamic.
      I tried.
      $r = ShellExecute(@ComSpec & " /c " & "start """& @ProgramsCommonDir & "\erwin\erwin Mart Server r9.8 (64-bit)\Create MartServer Service.lnk""")

and also Run and RUnwait

• ur
      By ur
      I am trying to launch a shortcut.
      But I am getting a file not found error.
      Even I kept a condition to check the file exist and it is there but still I am getting the below error on run command.
      $release = "r10.0" $bit = "64" $erwinShortcut = @ProgramsCommonDir&"\erwin\erwin Data Modeler "& $release &" ("& $bit &"-bit)\erwin Data Modeler "& $release &" ("& $bit &"-bit).lnk" Run(@ComSpec & " /c """& $erwinShortcut &"""", @TempDir, @SW_HIDE) [Window Title] C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\erwin\erwin Data Modeler r10.0 (64-bit)\erwin Data Modeler r10.0 (64-bit).lnk [Content] C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\erwin\erwin Data Modeler r10.0 (64-bit)\erwin Data Modeler r10.0 (64-bit).lnk The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again. [OK] Any suggestions?
      Even I tried surrounding with both double and single quotes for the path of lnk.
      And even changed the working directory to startmenu folder and also exe folder.