An AutoIt-based Keyboard remapping application?

Hi guys,

My job requires me to use several programming IDEs like Visual Studio, Texas Instruments CCS, Keil, IAR,... One problem is that each IDE has its own keyboard shortcut. For example, to debug in Visual Studio, I have to press F5, but to debug in IAR, I have to press 'Ctrl + D'.

I think one solution to this problem is to write a program to remap a keyboard combination to a different one, depending on which IDE is currently used. For example, I would like to use F5 for the debug action of all IDEs. Therefore if Visual Studio is currently active, then F5 will not be remapped. But if IAR is active, then F5 will be remapped to 'Ctrl + D'.

Can I do this using AutoIt?

Thanks.

There are several functions to assign Hotkeys, like "HotKeySet" or other functions to check which key has been pressed "_IsPressed".

The good thing with HotkeySet, is that it overrides keys outside of Autoit.

Then you will need to send keystrokes to your application using "ControlSend".

You could create hotkeys or use _ispressed as the previous poster said and then you could use Window functions to only fire it off when a particular window is active on the screen perhaps. Then fire off the right hotkey for the right programs. Worth checking into for sure.

Edited by Morthawt

In my view, this is the best way to "Hotkey" any keybaord function. More reliable then "Hotkey" as in some windows it doesn't detect correctly, allows more control over characters. As you can block it or allow it once or allow it many "ie being held down" and tones better then IsPressed as it doesn't require a pollin function checking very 10 ms to see if button xyz has been pressed :)

Edited by IanN1990