Creating a simple web server?

So here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

I need the ability to restart an application on my desktop PC from within my home network. Obviously, writing a script to do that locally would take all of ten seconds. The trick is that I want to do it remotely. I still feel like it wouldn't be difficult to accomplish with a server/client script.

But of course, that's not good enough. I want to do it from my iPhone. And the easiest way I can see to accomplish that would be through the browser.

So in my mind, I'm thinking that, on the server side, I can listen for connections on, let's say port 8080. I can watch for a "GET / HTTP/1.1" (or whatever it is...) and respond with a simple webpage that reports a status and has a reset button.

On my phone, I type, say 192.168.1.150:8080 and get that simple page. When I click the reset button, it sends a "GET /?reset=true" or something and that will trigger a function in the server script to reset the app.

So in essence, this would be a very simple web server, one that only serves a single, hardcoded page. But this seems too simple. Is it? Or is it actually way more complicated than that?