Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
supraspecies

Can't get window class to work

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm at a complete loss. I can't get window class to work, at all. Example:

WinActivate("[CLASS:Notepad]")

Doesn't bring notepad window forward. Whichever scripts I've ever written, window class name never worked for me. AutoIT 3.3.8.1; Windows 7. I think I even had the same issue in WinXP.

What can be the problem?

-----------------------

Hmm... I don't know... works half of the time. Maybe Im just making errors in scripts. I better withdraw my question until I have more details. It could be my mistake. Pardon me for the inconvenience.

Edited by supraspecies

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

Does this work for you ?

Run("notepad.exe")

WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]")

ConsoleWrite("window found !" & @CrLf)

Br, FireFox.

Edited by FireFox

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

I assume it's supposed to write "window found !"? If so, then no (and I've checked - I don't have any instances of Notepad running). But I figured out why my CLASS wasn't working - the application was changing class name every launch. I didn't even know that was possible. How would I get around that? I doubt I can use wildcards in class names, so what would be a workaround? In the class name:

CltWin:400000:8:10003:0:97605e5

only the last segment changes, this one:

97605e5

So I would like to identify the window by everything that comes before.

Update: Oh, apparently I can just enter a part of a class name using REGEXPCLASS, and that'll be it. Simpler than I thought.

Edited by supraspecies

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      Hi,
      I am maybe an intermediate AutoIt script writer, but have no experience creating GUIs.
      I have a script with two functions. One for Checkboxes and another with radio buttons. Each function creates it's own window.
      I'd like to use one window with both checkboxes and radio buttons.
      I pulled samples from AutoIt Help and other places and worked it into this: (RadioCheck still uses the example Case and MsgBoxes. I will clean this up soon)
      Func CheckOptions() ; Create a GUI with various controls. Local $hGUI = GUICreate("SGX4CP Options", 275, 250) ; Create a checkbox control. Local $iLoopCheckbox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Loop", 10, 10, 185, 25) Local $iFullScreenCheckbox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Fullscreen", 10, 40, 185, 25) Local $iRestartPlaybackCheckbox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Restart Playback from Sleep", 10, 70, 185, 25) GUICtrlSetState($iRestartPlaybackCheckbox, $GUI_CHECKED) Local $iDisableSleepCheckbox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Disable Sleep", 10, 100, 185, 25) Local $iLogCheckbox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Show Log", 10, 130, 185, 25) GUICtrlSetState($iLogCheckbox, $GUI_CHECKED) Local $idClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Next", 110, 220, 85, 25) ; Display the GUI. GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idClose ExitLoop Case $iLoopCheckbox If _IsChecked($iLoopCheckbox) Then $bLoopChecked = True Else $bLoopChecked = False EndIf Case $iFullScreenCheckbox if _IsChecked($iFullScreenCheckbox) Then $bFullScreenChecked = True Else $bFullScreenChecked = False EndIf Case $iRestartPlaybackCheckbox if _IsChecked($iRestartPlaybackCheckbox) Then $bRestartPlaybackChecked = True Else $bRestartPlaybackChecked = False EndIf Case $iDisableSleepCheckbox if _IsChecked($iDisableSleepCheckbox) Then $bDisableSleepChecked = True Else $bDisableSleepChecked = False EndIf Case $iLogCheckbox if _IsChecked($iLogCheckbox) Then $bLogChecked = True Else $bLogChecked = False EndIf EndSwitch WEnd ; Delete the previous GUI and all controls. GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc Func RadioCheck() GUICreate("Select Test",300,180) ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered Local $idRadio1 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Loop Forever", 10, 10) Local $idRadio2 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Play each video 3 times", 10, 40) Local $idRadio3 = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Play each video separately", 10, 70) GUICtrlSetState($idRadio1, $GUI_CHECKED) Local $idClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start Test", 120,100) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $idMsg ; Loop until the user exits. While 1 $idMsg = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $idMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $idMsg = $idRadio1 And BitAND(GUICtrlRead($idRadio1), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, 'Info:', 'The app will run forever, playing each video once, then looping back to the first video.') $bTestSelectForever = True Case $idMsg = $idRadio2 And BitAND(GUICtrlRead($idRadio2), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, 'Info:', 'Each video will loop 3 times then move to the next video.') $bTestSelect3Times = True Case $idMsg = $idRadio3 And BitAND(GUICtrlRead($idRadio2), $GUI_CHECKED) = $GUI_CHECKED MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, 'Info:', 'Player opens, first video plays, player closes. Player opens, second video plays, player closes, etc.') $bTestSelectSingleVideo = True EndSelect WEnd EndFunc I would like to combine the checkbox "Loop" and the radio button $idRadio2. Radio2 requires Loop to be checked.
      I planned to remove the Loop checkbox and only enable it if Radio2 is selected.
      Can I combine these two functions into one with one window with both Checkboxes and Radio Buttons?
      Thanks
      Jibberish
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi friends, I have a question, please.
      I have created a window containing a edit box
      I need to know how to change the keyboard language,
      e.g :
      if a user open the  script  it will be change the keyBord language   in window automatically into English
      I found more examples but didn't work with me .
      Note:  
       I use the windows 10 os
      Please help me .
      thanks in advance to all
      with my Greetings and my appreciation for all users and admins
    • boy233
      By boy233
      I need to click on the text "Batch submission" but I can not!
      <div class="batchmenu2" onclick="Go('/lot/')" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> <span class="iconep">l</span> <div class="menu"> <b>Batch submission</b> <br> Bulk messages via file </div> </div> How could I do it?
      How can I click the specific OnClick?

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      I'm trying to move and resize a program call CPUID HWMonitor (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html) but WinMove() doesn't work. Can someone tell me how to get this to work for this program? I've successfully moved other programs using WinMove(), and I've used WinGetTitle ("[ACTIVE]") to confirm the title is correct. WinActivate("CPUID HWMonitor") does work.
      If I run the following code nothing happens, doesn't move or resize, but AutoIt doesn't complain about the code either:
      WinMove("CPUID HWMonitor", 0, 0, 475, 715) The class changes every time the program opens (and I've nevery had a lot of success with classes tbh, bit hit and miss for me).
      Thanks all!
    • KemyKo
      By KemyKo
      I want to create a program that resizes and changes style/exstyles of other windows. 
      The problem is that i don`t know why my script doesn`t work.
      Here is an example:
      #RequireAdmin #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $setStyle, $getStyle, $outputString='', $getHandle, $setState $getHandle = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Notepad]") $outputString &= $getHandle & @LF $setState = GUISetState(@SW_SHOWNORMAL, $getHandle) $outputString &= $setState & @LF $getStyle = GUIGetStyle($getHandle) If IsArray($getStyle) = 1 Then $outputString &= $getStyle[0]& ' ' &$getStyle[1]& @LF Else $outputString &= "NOTHING" & @LF EndIf $setStyle = GUISetStyle($WS_POPUPWINDOW, -1, $getHandle) $outputString &= $setStyle & @LF MsgBox(0,"OUTPUT", $outputString) It doesn`t work... At least not for me 
      I noticed that $getHandle is "0x0021023A" and AutoIt Window Info shows : "0x000000000021023A"
      I don`t know if that`s a problem . If it is, idk how to fix it