Sign in to follow this  
Akshay07

MsgBox on Win7 - button not centered

Akshay07

Hi all,

When I use MsgBox on Windows 7, the OK button is not centered,

Is this a known issue and is there a workaround ?

Thanks

MsgBox (0,"","OK button not centered")

post-54217-0-95468700-1363286072_thumb.j

JLogan3o13

You can check out Melba's Extended Messagebox. Not sure about the button, but I know it lets you modify a lot. Otherwise, you would have to create a GUI yourself to center the button.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109096

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Akshay07

Thank you for the link JLogan3013, I will have a look.

But I am still wondering, is this a known bug or am I the only one having this problem ?

BrewManNH

It's a Windows issue in case you're wondering, nothing to do with AutoIt. Running a VBScript msgbox produces the same look to the MsgBox.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Melba23

Akshay07,

My UDF does give you an option to centre a single button - look at the $iJust parameter for _ExtMsgBoxSet. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Akshay07

Thanks to all of you !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• faustf
      By faustf
      i guys , like title anyone  have idea if is possible , and if yes if  have example to post ?  i find in forum and in google but  i dont know   how can start  to create  button with icon over toolbar near  clock or is  goog before language layout .
      sorry i not post any script but i dont know  where to start
      thankz
      at  all
    • caramen
      By caramen
      Hmmm i am sorry  i had simular problem but i cant find back post. 

How to hide a gui button ? 

I Want to dodge the variable non déclaréd when i make button in
      if statment 

thx before 
    • MMedina
      By MMedina
      Hello all, 
      Been looking for and playing around with a script that would prompt me for a UserName and Password then Map a network drive.
      I have included the code: 
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=your_icon.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y #obfuscator_parameters=/striponly #NoTrayIcon #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Connect To Your Drive", 265, 135) $username_id = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 88, 16, 153, 21) $password_id = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 87, 44, 153, 21, $ES_PASSWORD) GUICtrlCreateLabel("&Username", 24, 16, 52, 17) GUICtrlCreateLabel("&Password", 26, 46, 50, 17) $connect = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Connect", 24, 80, 217, 33, BitOr($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_BUTTON, $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $connect $username = GUICtrlRead($username_id) $password = GUICtrlRead($password_id) If $username = '' Or $password = '' Then MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'Empty username or password') ContinueLoop EndIf If DriveMapGet("X:") <> '' Then ; very fast MsgBox(16, 'Error', 'The device is already assigned') ContinueLoop EndIf GUISetCursor(15,1) DriveMapAdd("X:", "\\Server\share\filestore\" & $username, 0, $username, $password) ; slow If @error Then Switch @error Case 1 $err_message = 'Undefined / Other error. Windows API return code: ' & @extended Case 2 $err_message = 'Access to the remote share was denied' Case 3 $err_message = 'The device is already assigned' Case 4 $err_message = 'Invalid device name' Case 5 $err_message = 'Invalid remote share' Case 6 $err_message = 'Invalid password' EndSwitch GUISetCursor(2) MsgBox(16, 'Error', $err_message) Else ; everything OK Exit EndIf EndSwitch WEnd  
      When I attempt the build I get the following:
       Obfuscator support has been discontinued and is replaced by Au3Stripper using "#Au3Stripper_" directives.
      ! The directive to run Au3Stripper is: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y  ; Default is n
      ! #Au3Stripper_Parameters options are: 
      /pe  : Replace and reference to a Global Const variable with its actual value.
      /tl  : Create Au3Stripper.Log with a trace of all actions.
      /debug: add Debug information to Au3Stripper.Log.
      /so : This is the default when no parameters are provided. same as /sf + /sv
      /sf : Strip all unused Func's
      /sv : Strip all unused Global var records.
      /mo : Just merges the Include files into the source and strips the Comments.
            This is similar to aut2exe and helps finding the errorline.
      /mi : Sets the maximum Iterations Au3Stripper will perform. Default is 5.
      /rm : Rename Variables and Functions to a shorter name.
      /rsln: Replace @ScriptLineNumber with the actual line number.
      /Beta: Use Beta Includes.
      - Icon not found:  your_icon.ico ==> Changing to default ICON.
      >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS.au3
      +>18:28:11 AU3Check ended.rc:0
      >Running Au3Stripper (18.708.1148.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Au3Stripper cmdline:
      - 0.22 Iteration 1 Strip Functions result: Output  1050 lines, stripped 0 Func lines and 234 Commentlines
      - 0.61 Iteration 2 Strip Variables result: Output  88 lines and stripped 962 lines
      - 0.63 Iteration 3 Strip Variables result: Output  58 lines and stripped 30 lines
      - 0.64 Iteration 4 Strip Variables result: Output  52 lines and stripped 6 lines
      - 0.66 Iteration 5 Strip Variables result: Output  51 lines and stripped 1 lines
      +> Source    1285 lines 48435 Characters.
      +> Stripped  999 Func/Var lines and  234 comment lines, Total 46893 Characters.
      +> Saved     95% lines 96% Characters.
      +> Au3Stripper v18.708.1148.0 finished created:C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS_stripped.au3
      +>18:28:12 Au3Stripper ended.rc:0
      >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS_stripped.au3
      +>18:28:12 AU3Check ended.rc:0
      >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS_stripped.au3" /out "C:\Users\Migue\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU495C.tmp.exe" /nopack /comp 2
      +>18:28:13 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\Migue\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU495C.tmp.exe. rc:0
      !>18:28:13 Problem copying file from: C:\Users\Migue\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU495C.tmp.exe To :C:\Users\Migue\Documents\Sync\Batches and Scripts\WDW-Scripts\SMS.exe
      +>18:28:14 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
      >Exit code: 0    Time: 3.046

When I attempt to run the executable I get the following:

Many thanks in advance
    • xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello,
      as a start in Autoit i tried something i was missing since im using Autoit. 

I build a custom MessageBox which has a large amount of custom options and which scales its size on the parameters you set. 

Aviable Settings:
      -Title
      -Unlimited Buttons
      -Text Color (Buttons, Text)

-Background Color (Msgbox, Buttons, Label) 

-Button Timeout
      -Autoclose Timeout
      -Icon (Default, No Icon, Custom)

-Label/ Button Style. 
      -Transparency

I tried to keep this as close as i could to a Msgbox i was used too on my batch times.

After i was ready i realised, @Melba23 probably build a way better msgbox which would have suit my needs enterly, anyway thanks to @Melba23 because i use his Stringsize UDF. 

local $Message = _sMsgBox("Test", 6, "Continue?") if @extended <> -1 Then MsgBox(0, @extended, $Message&" Button pressed")  
      ScalingMessageBox.au3
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am having a hard time understanding why this is not working. I was hoping some one could help explain it to me. 
      $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName("input") For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If string($class_value) = "fTs-p3298-l0 wplEditControl" Then $target = $tag ExitLoop EndIF Next MsgBox(0,"",$target) If $target = "fTs-p3298-l0 wplEditControl" THEN MsgBox(0,"","itworked") I have tried 
       MsgBox(0,"",$target.Attribute)  MsgBox(0,"",$target.Value)  MsgBox(0,"",$target.InnerText) I would expect to see this in the msgbox
      fTs-p3298-l0 wplEditControl