GUICtrlCreateInput and send Input text

Ilounah

Good day forum mates >_< It is possible to use GUICtrlCreateInput to fill up the needed information like emai add of the sender, main body message, sender, etc. here in this code

Im planning to make a simple filled up form using this smtp-mailer with a SEND button GUICtrlCreateButton, Im still newbie please path me in the right code and if you can share even a little information about the code it is very appreciated thanks :sweating:

The first parameter of GUICtrlCreateInput is the default text you want displayed in the control.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The first parameter of GUICtrlCreateInput is the default text you want displayed in the control.

I see one post related on my idea sir Fossil Rock made this script

#include 
#Include

Global $oMyRet[2]
Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")

$MyEmail = GUICreate("My eMail Program", 290, 450)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("From", 16, 16, 31, 17)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Address", 16, 40, 49, 17)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("To", 16, 64, 19, 17)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Subject", 16, 136, 47, 17)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Body", 16, 184, 32, 17)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Attachments", 16, 160, 74, 17)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("CC", 16, 88, 20, 17)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("BCC", 16, 112, 28, 17)
$FromName = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 96, 16, 185, 21)
$FromAddress = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 96, 40, 185, 21)
$ToAddress = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 96, 64, 185, 21)
$CcAddress = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 96, 88, 185, 21)
$BccAddress = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 96, 112, 185, 21)
$Subject = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 96, 136, 185, 21)
$Body = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 96, 184, 185, 113)
$AttachFiles = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 96, 160, 185, 21)
$Send = GUICtrlCreateButton("Send", 8, 416, 75, 25, 0)
$Reset = GUICtrlCreateButton("Reset", 112, 416, 75, 25, 0)
$Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 208, 416, 75, 25, 0)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 8, 304, 273, 105)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("SMTP Server", 19, 328, 68, 17)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("User ID", 19, 352, 40, 17)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Password", 19, 376, 50, 17)
$SmtpServer = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 90, 325, 180, 21)
$Username = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 90, 349, 180, 21)
$Password = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 90, 373, 180, 21)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
Case $Send
$Send = _INetSmtpMailCom(GUICtrlRead($SmtpServer), GUICtrlRead($FromName), GUICtrlRead($FromAddress), GUICtrlRead($ToAddress), GUICtrlRead($Subject), GUICtrlRead($Body), GUICtrlRead($AttachFiles), GUICtrlRead($CcAddress), GUICtrlRead($BccAddress), GUICtrlRead($Username), GUICtrlRead($Password))
Case $Reset
;;;
Case $Exit
Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd

If @error then
msgbox(0,"Error sending message","Error code: " & @error & " Description: " & $Send)
EndIf

Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "",$IPPort=25, $ssl=0)
$objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
$objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>'
$objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress
Local $i_Error = 0
Local $i_Error_desciption = ""
If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress
If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress
$objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject
If StringInStr($as_Body,"<") and StringInStr($as_Body,">") Then
$objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body
Else
$objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF
EndIf
If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then
Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";")
For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0]
$S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull ($S_Files2Attach[$x])
If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then
$objEmail.AddAttachment ($S_Files2Attach[$x])
Else
$i_Error_desciption = $i_Error_desciption & @lf & 'File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x]
SetError(1)
return 0
EndIf
Next
EndIf
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort
;Authenticated SMTP
If $s_Username <> "" Then
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password
EndIf
If $Ssl Then
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True
EndIf
;Update settings
$objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update
; Sent the Message
$objEmail.Send
if @error then
SetError(2)
return $oMyRet[1]
EndIf
EndFunc ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom

; Com Error Handler
Func MyErrFunc()
$HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8)
$oMyRet[0] = $HexNumber
$oMyRet[1] = StringStripWS($oMyError.description,3)
ConsoleWrite("### COM Error ! Number: " & $HexNumber & " ScriptLine: " & $oMyError.scriptline & " Description:" & $oMyRet[1] & @LF)
SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
Return
EndFunc ;==>MyErrFunc

But he said there is a problem it keeps on loop/sending and someone said take a look on this part

[url="http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/keywords.htm"][color=#0000FF]Case[/color][/url][color=#000000][size=2][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)] [/background][/size][/color][color=#5A5A5A][size=2]$Send[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]             [/background][/size][/color][color=#5A5A5A][size=2]$Send[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)] [/background][/size][/color][color=#FF8000][size=2]=[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)] [/background][/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2]_[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=2][background=rgb(248, 248, 248)]INetSmtpMailCom[/background][/size][/color][color=#FF8000][size=2]([/size][/color]
I dont know if the code is updated :sweating: