Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonBMN

[RESOLVED]Up and down Carets in GUICtrlCreateButton

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I'm trying to make an up and down arrow like this " ^ ", but since there is no down caret on the keyboard I'm resorting to trying to figure out ways to get that Caret upside down.

Has anyone tried doing this for a button so that it looks like an up and down array? This button will be used for sorting.

I've tried looking through Unicode to see if I could do it and no luck :/. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by JonBMN

JonBMN,

WebDings (which I believe is standard on all Windows OSes) has suitable characters as 0x35/6 ("5" and "6"). You can use them like this (taken from one of my scripts): :)

Global $cDetails_Show_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("5", 115, 45, 35, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Webdings") ; "5" = ^, "6" = v

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

You might also want to have a look at the Marlett font which also comes with windows. It contains many of the arrows and symbols used on standard windows dialogs.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

I've tried using your solution @Melba23, but I could not get it to work. I seem to just be getting 5 instead of the symbol.

I get the same from the Marlett font @Bowmore.

I must be doing something wrong. So, here is an example of what I'm doing..

GUICtrlSetFont($ButtonAZ, -1, 10, 600, -1, "Webdings")
$ButtonAZ = GUICtrlCreateButton("5", 250, 5)
Edited by JonBMN

JonBMN,

Create the button before you set the font as I did in my code. ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

I just tested out creating the button before I set the font, but I still get the same thing.

$ButtonAZ = GUICtrlCreateButton("5", 250, 5)
GUICtrlSetFont($ButtonAZ, -1, 10, 600, -1, "Webdings")

Do you think I don't have this font?

Edited by JonBMN

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

JonBMN,

You have the syntax wrong - you use either the button ControlID or the "-1" shorthand for "last control created", but not both Try this: ;)

GUICtrlSetFont($ButtonAZ, 10, 600, -1, "Webdings")

M23

Edited by Melba23
Fixed BB tags

Spoiler

Ah, I see!

Thank you Melba, it works :)