Sign in to follow this  
cramaboule

Opening MS access with wrkgrp and user and password

Hello

I need to open with autoit a MS access database!

This database is opening with this shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" /wrkgrp \\server\folder\sys.mdw \\server\folder\database.mdb /user MyUser /pwd MyPass

How do I open this in Autoit. (using COM object)

$adoCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")

$adoCon.Open("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & $dbname&"; SystemDB="&$wkname&"; " , $user, $pwd)

If Not(IsObj($adoCon)) Then
MsgBox(0,"error","error")
Exit
EndIf

; create recordset
$adoRs = ObjCreate("ADODB.Recordset")
$adoRs.CursorType = 1
$adoRs.LockType = 3

$sQuery = 'SELECT * FROM Address;'

; open query
$adoRs.Open($sQuery, $adoCon)

I got an error with the Query !

Need help

Thanks in advance !

Cramaboule

Have you tried like this?

$adoCon.Open("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & $dbname&"; SystemDB="&$wkname&";UID=" & $user & ";PWD=" & $pwd)

thanks

but it doesn't work:

C:\Users\Admin\Dropbox\au3\PO\test-accecss.au3 (33) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

On which line did the error occur? The $adoCon.Open statement? Also, you mentioned earlier that you received an error when you attempted to run the sql statement, but you didn't indicate what the actual error message was.

FWIW, I suspect the your initial attempt to open the file is failing and I don't believe your error checking will work as written. Here's some code from a script I previously wrote:

$sqlCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")
$sqlCon.Mode = 16 ; sharedenynone
$sqlCon.CursorLocation = 3 ; client side cursor

; Retrieve active call from ACD database
$sqlString = "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);UID=userid;PWD=password;UserCommitSync=Yes;Threads=3;PageTimeout=5;MaxScanRows=8;MaxBufferSize=2048;FIL=MS Access;DriverId=25;DefaultDir=\\Server\Reports;DBQ=\\Server\Reports\dbACD.mdb"
$sqlCon.Open ($sqlString)

If $IEComErrorNumber = 0 Then
$sqlRs = ObjCreate("ADODB.Recordset")

$sqlString = "select count(*) as cnt from status where agentext <> 0 and status <> " & $AgentLogin
$sqlRs.open ($sqlString, $sqlCon)

If Not $sqlRs.EOF Then
; Record / field level functionality goes here
Endif

$sqlRs.close
Endif

If $sqlCon.state = $adStateOpen Then
$sqlCon.close
EndIf

_IEErrorHandlerDeRegister()

Essentially, this uses the COM error handler from IE.AU3, which avoids the script from erroring out when a COM error occurs. If you are using the latest beta version, then this won't be necessary.

Well,....

For some reasons it is working on the Access Server but not remotely...( from my remote PC !)

Both works fine for me!

$adoCon.Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & $dbname & ";Jet OLEDB:System Database="&$wkname&";User ID="&$user&";Password="&$pwd&";")

$adoCon.Open("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & $dbname&";SystemDB="&$wkname&";Uid="&$user&";Pwd="&$pwd&";")

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      Trying to open windows explorer to a WebDav location and it's not working quite how I want, on the computers it is setup as a "network location" (as opposed to a "mapped drive", and this unfortunately can't be changed), the "Data" WebDav folder sits directly under "This PC" if that's an easier way to get to it. any suggestions as to what I can correct to get the 2nd example to work?
      ; This works, but I'm trying to avoid this as users normally see the URL style in the 2nd example below $folderToOpen = "\\mycompany.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ; This does not work, it tries to open the WebDav url in the default web browser $folderToOpen = "https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ShellExecute also opens it in the default browser.
      Saw _WinAPI_ShellOpenFolderAndSelectItems but couldn't get the 2nd example to work.
      If I manually open Windows Explorer and paste in https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data it loads the WebDav directory without issue.
      If I have to use the pathing from the first example it is fine, just trying to give users a familiar experience.
      Thanks!
    • By Aelc
      Hey there!
      I'm gonna try to get access to an RichEdit Control in PSPad with Autoit which is scripted with Delphi. I wrote the commands out ouf the RichEdit.au3 UDF to can change them, because it always fails or crashs, when i call it. I Just want to set the Textcolor for the RichEdit.
      It seems to be a Problem with $EM_SETCHARFORMAT... (maybe protected?) I can use e.g. $EM_SETBKGNDCOLOR or other messages with no error. Sadly it doesn't exist a message constant to just set the textcolor... This is what i already tried:
      use $EM_GETCHARFORMAT but it crashs/doesn't work too. I saw the riched20.dll is linked to GDI+ but i couldn't make something work with it... (GetDc and so on but maybe there is another way?) Tried to set some other style on it (setWindowLong) I read the MSDN about $EM_SETCHARFORMAT up and down, but i can't find any other solution.
      The RichEdit should be version 2 ( error message point to riched20.dll )

Here is the PSPad that will be required for testing:
      https://autoit.de/wcf/attachment/87712-pspad4autoit3-v1-0-0-beta-without-setup-zip/
      You need to start PSPad.exe first!
      ; = Info =========================================================================================== ; Title : RichEdit_Test ; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; ; Version (vnots) : 0.0.1 ; Date : 2020-05-13 ; Author(s) : Aelc ; ; ================================================================================================== #include <File.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <Date.au3> #include <String.au3> #include <GuiListBox.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Color.au3> #include <GuiRichEdit.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) RichEdit_Test_Main() Func RichEdit_Test_Main() Local $hPSPad = Null Local $tLogCtrls Local $hLB_hwnd Local $hLB_ID $hPSPad = _WinAPI_GetForegroundWindow() If Not WinExists("[CLASS:TfPSPad]") Then MsgBox ( 48,"","PSPad not found." ) Exit EndIf Sleep(1000) $hPSPad = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:TfPSPad]") ;~ If $hPSPad = Null Then ;~ MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL + $MB_ICONWARNING, 'AutoIt3_CompilerRunner: - Error -', 'No handle found for PSPad!') ;~ Exit (2) ; 2 = PSPad-hwnd not found ;~ EndIf If _WinAPI_IsClassName($hPSPad, "TfPSPad") Then ; -------------------------------------------------------------------------- If _Singleton("PSPad->RichEdit_Test " & String($hPSPad), 1) = 0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL + $MB_ICONERROR, "RichEdit_Test: - Error -", _ '"RichEdit_Test" is already running') Exit EndIf ; -------------------------------------------------------------------------- $tLogCtrls = PSPad_GetLogControls($hPSPad, 'Log') $hLB_hwnd = $tLogCtrls.hWnd_ListBox $hLB_ID = $tLogCtrls.ID_ListBox If $hLB_hwnd > 0 Then _SendMessage($hLB_hwnd, 0xCF,False) ;Set $READONLY to False Local $tagCHARFORMAT_changeable = "struct;uint cbSize;long dwMask;long dwEffects;long yHeight;long yOffset;INT crTextColor;" & _ "byte bCharSet;byte bPitchAndFamily;wchar szFaceName[32];endstruct" Local $aColor[3] = [0xFF, 0x00, 0xFF] Local $nColor = _ColorSetCOLORREF($aColor) Local $tCharFormat = DllStructCreate($tagCHARFORMAT_changeable) DllStructSetData($tCharFormat, 1, DllStructGetSize($tCharFormat)) DllStructSetData($tCharFormat, 2, $CFM_COLOR) DllStructSetData($tCharFormat, 6, $nColor) MsgBox ( 64,"",_SendMessage($hLB_hwnd, $EM_SETCHARFORMAT, $SCF_SELECTION, $tCharFormat, 0, "wparam", "struct*")) Else ; Log-Fenster konnte nicht gefunden werden. MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL + $MB_ICONERROR, "AutoIt3_CompilerRunner: - Error -", _ "The log window of PSPad could not be found.") Exit EndIf Else EndIf EndFunc ;==>RichEdit_Test_Main ;~ Func _RichEditGetTextLength($hWnd) ;~ If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $__g_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(101, 0, 0) ;~ Local $bChars = True ;~ Local $bExact = True ;~ Local $tGetTextLen = DllStructCreate($tagGETTEXTLENGTHEX) ;~ Local $iFlags = BitOR($GTL_USECRLF, ($bExact ? $GTL_PRECISE : $GTL_CLOSE)) ;~ $iFlags = BitOR($iFlags, ($bChars ? $GTL_DEFAULT : $GTL_NUMBYTES)) ;~ DllStructSetData($tGetTextLen, 1, $iFlags) ;~ DllStructSetData($tGetTextLen, 2, ($bChars ? $CP_ACP : $CP_UNICODE)) ;~ Local $iRet = _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_GETTEXTLENGTHEX, $tGetTextLen, 0, 0, "struct*") ;~ Return $iRet ;~ EndFunc ;==>_RichEditGetTextLength ;~ Func _RichEditGetBKColor($hWnd) ;~ If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $__g_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(101, 0, 0) ;~ Local $iBkColor = _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_SETBKGNDCOLOR, False, 0) ;~ _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_SETBKGNDCOLOR, False, $iBkColor) ;~ Return $iBkColor ;~ EndFunc ;==>_RichEditGetBKColor ;~ Func _RichEditSetBKColor($hWnd, $iBkColor) ;~ If Not _WinAPI_IsClassName($hWnd, $__g_sRTFClassName) Then Return SetError(101, 0, 0) ;~ _SendMessage($hWnd, $EM_SETBKGNDCOLOR, False, $iBkColor) ;~ Return $iBkColor ;~ EndFunc ;==>_RichEditSetBKColor Func PSPad_GetLogControls($_hPSPad, $_sSheetText = 'Log') Local $sStruct_LogCtrls = _ 'hwnd hWnd_PageControl;' & _ ; TPageControl 'int ID_PageControl;' & _ 'hwnd hWnd_TabSheet;' & _ ; TTabSheet 'int ID_TabSheet;' & _ 'hwnd hWnd_ListBox;' & _ ; TListBox 'int ID_ListBox;' Local $tResult = DllStructCreate($sStruct_LogCtrls) Local $aEnum Local $sSheet Local $i, $x $aEnum = _WinAPI_EnumChildWindows($_hPSPad, False) If IsArray($aEnum) Then For $i = 1 To $aEnum[0][0] If $aEnum[$i][1] = "TTabSheet" Then $sSheet = ControlGetText($_hPSPad, '', _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($aEnum[$i][0])) If $sSheet = $_sSheetText Then ; TabSheet gefunden. $tResult.hWnd_TabSheet = $aEnum[$i][0] $tResult.ID_TabSheet = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($tResult.hWnd_TabSheet) $tResult.hWnd_PageControl = _WinAPI_GetParent($tResult.hWnd_TabSheet) $tResult.ID_PageControl = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($tResult.hWnd_PageControl) For $x = $i + 1 To $aEnum[0][0] If $aEnum[$x][1] = "TRichEdit" Then $tResult.hWnd_ListBox = $aEnum[$x][0] $tResult.ID_ListBox = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($tResult.hWnd_ListBox) Return $tResult ; Wenn gefunden, dann raus aus der Funktion. EndIf Next EndIf EndIf Next EndIf Return $tResult EndFunc ;==>PSPad_GetLogControls I don't have any ideas anymore  But maybe someone else has?
      I would be happy for every idea  

Thanks in advance
    • By Stormgrade
      Hello.
      I'm french, sorry for my english.
      I release my project, a password manager : Password Keeper
      First I would like to thanks Guinness and Melba23 for their help, and I'm very sorry for those I forget, please remind me to add you.
      Well my program manage and crypt passwords, first I understand if you don't trust me for this kind of sensible software, but I remember you that all the the source files are at your disposal, fell free to explore them.
      The login is : admin and you can change it later
      How it work ? see Methode de cryptage en BDD.pdf in french
      login

The main interface
      You can obviously add,modify and delete your entry, also you can search with keywords

A password generator is included

I won't update it anymore.
      It's a BSD license.
      Autoit version : 3.3.14.5
      Have a good day.
      Methode de cryptage en BDD.pdf Passwordkeeper.7z
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello all, and welcome to this tool
      the NB-Password_generator is a small tool which allow you to create a strong passwords
      with this tool you can create a random passwords using :
      1. capital letters
      2. small letters
      3. numbers
      4. symbols
      be sure that you can check any option that  you want and uncheck what you don't want to use
      this tool allow you to create a password from 6 letters to 150 lettersNB-Password_generator.zip
      at the end please accept my greetings
      am waiting for your commants
    • By Gowrisankar
      Dear members of the forum,
      I need to open excel files that may or may not need a password and finally move the files that needs password to manual queue.
      Is there a fastest way to do this?

PS: I have a huge respect for the rules of this forum. I am not asking assistance to override any security measure. I just need to segregate the files that needs passwords.