What is the correct way to execute an AutoIt3 script in Java?

public static void runScript() throws Exception { 

try { 

ProcessBuilder pb = new ProcessBuilder("C:\\Program Files (x86)\\AutoIt3\\AutoIt3.exe\"", "\"C:\\Users\\Cameron\\workspace\\truecryptgui.au3\"");
             Process p = pb.start();

System.out.println("Script executed, TrueCrypt volume created!");
        }
        catch (IOException e) { 
                System.out.println("exception happened - here's what I know: ");
                e.printStackTrace();
                System.exit(-1);
        }

}

This is what I have right now, it prompts me with a window to select truecryptgui.au3 manually, however if I run from the cmd ->

"C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3AutoIt3.exe" "C:UsersCameronworkspacetruecryptgui.au3" 

it functions automatically how I'd like it to.

Does anybody know what I'm missing in my Java code to get this to perform correctly?

• Moderators

Just out of curiosity, why the need to mix languages? Why not bring up a window with prompts, all as part of your main AutoIt script?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Remove the escaped quotation mark from just after AutoIt3.exe, or add another before C:. Your escaped quotes are imbalanced. Other than that, I don't see a problem. I tried your example after fixing the quotes, and it ran an AutoIt script just fine. What's the output when you run from the console?