Sign in to follow this  
afzalw

Executing Autoit code from Excel VBA

I am restating a topic that was not solved from >here (I am not sure what are the rules of restarting a already discussed topic)

I am using the following code in VBA to run Autoitcode.au3 file.

Sub RunFileName()
Dim runscript
Dim FileName As String
FileName = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Autoitcode.au3"

MsgBox (FileName)

runscript = Shell("C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3_x64.exe " & FileName)

End Sub

Odd that you would have excel to drive autoit, rather than the other way around.  Like suggested on your other post, add " around the filename:

runscript = Shell('C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3AutoIt3_x64.exe "' & FileName & '"')

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

While I believe the only "rule" about re-posting is if your previous post was locked, it begs the question, why would you not just respond to Water's suggestion in your original post, explaining what didn't work for you, rather than starting a whole new thread? As jdelaney has pointed out, the suggestion is exactly the same. If this is not working for you, don't start a second thread, explain what the result is. Help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Langmeister
      Hi, I'm sure that this is a simple question regarding webdriver udf but my search on the forum did not result in the exact same scenario that I need. I will adapt it to my corporate needs but at first I want it to work with an example everybody can reproduce if needed.
      I navigate to https://www.daysoftheyear.com/ and want to find out what special day today is. Using the following Code returns the wanted text that today is 'shark awareness day' in the console but it is not pasted in notepad as it is not copied as it probably should be.
      #include "wd_core.au3" #include "wd_helper.au3" Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession, $sID _WD_Option("Driver", "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\chromedriver.exe") _WD_Option('Port', 9515) _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"') $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true }}}}' _WD_Startup() $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities) _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.daysoftheyear.com/?timezone_offset=nan") _WD_LoadWait($sSession) Sleep(3000) Local $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "/html/body/div[2]/header/div/div[1]/div/div[2]/h3/a") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'text') ClipGet() Run("notepad.exe") Sleep(500) Send("^v") Scite returns this, therefore the text has been found but the last mile to paste it to notepad or excel does not work for me.
      __WD_Get: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/b72166b774d7fefb258b3721fc1d4306/element/657e6b5d-31a9-46a8-85c4-acb7f72bf659/text __WD_Get: StatusCode=200; $iResult = 0; $sResponseText={"value":"Shark Awareness Day"}... _WD_ElementAction: {"value":"Shark Awareness Day"}... Thanks in advance! 

• By GOSM
      Hey,
      as part of a larger Programm I am trying to copy the values from one cell in an Excel file to another. The code I am using is the folowing.

Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oExcel.ActiveSheet, "V4:W43", "X4", False, $xlPasteValues, Default, True) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 4", "Error copying rows." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeCopy Example 4", "2 Rows successfully pasted from the clipboard to row 1.") As I understood it the option $xlPasteValues should do the trick  but it is still copying the inserted formulas. I attached a test code and excel file.
      Thanks for the help Simon
      Copy Values Test.zip
    • By Chimp
      An "improper" "unusual" use of Excel
      the script allows the creation of artistic images by simply coloring the background of the individual cells of the Excel workbook.
      Although definitely useless ... I find it quite funny though
      have a good time
      many thanks to @UEZ , @Malkey , @water
      p.s.
      I think the pixelite + color to array process can be simplified, but I used the two ready-made functions provided by UEZ and Malkey. I thank both of you (credits  and links in listing)
      p.p.s.
      strange behaviour: while excell is filling cells, if you move the mouse pointer off the excell window, the fill speed increases ... (?)

; =============================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: Excel in art ; Description ...: This script allows the creation of artistic images in Excel from a choosed picture. ; The picture is done by simply coloring the background of the individual cells of an Excel workbook. ; Although definitely useless, I find it quite funny though ; ; Return values .: An artistic image in an Excel workbook ; Author ........: Addiego Gianni (chimp) ; Modified ......: ; Remarks .......: Many thanks to UEZ, Malkey and Water ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: ; =============================================================================================================================== #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <Excel.au3> _PixelsToCells(50) ; <-- Parameter 50 is the cumber of horizontal Excel cells to be filled MsgBox(64, "All done", "Excel art is ready") Func _PixelsToCells($iHcells = 50) ; Check application object Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() If Not IsObj($oExcel) Then MsgBox(16, "Error", "Sorry, You need to have 'Excel' intalled") ; Choose Image File Local $sPath = FileOpenDialog("Choose Image File", @ScriptDir & "", "Images (*.gif;*.png;*.jpg;*.bmp)| All (*.*)") If $sPath = '' Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Error", "Sorry, no image was chosen") ; Create a new Excel workbook $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel, 1) ; initialize GDI+ _GDIPlus_Startup() Local $hBmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromFile($sPath) Local $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hBmp) ; get image width ; Local $iHeight = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hBmp) ; not needed here Local $iStep = $iWidth / $iHcells ; calculate the pixelation factor Local $hBitmap_new = _GDIPlus_PixelateBitmap($hBmp, $iStep) ; pixelate the image Local $aPixelColors = _FileImageToArray($hBitmap_new) ; get pixel colors ; reduce Excel columns width Local $xx = 1, $yy = 1 For $iCol = 0 To UBound($aPixelColors, 2) - 1 Step $iStep $oWorkbook.Sheets(1).Columns($xx).ColumnWidth = 1 $xx += 1 Next ; reduce Excel rows height For $iRow = 0 To UBound($aPixelColors) - 1 Step $iStep $oWorkbook.Sheets(1).Rows($yy).RowHeight = 9 $yy += 1 Next $xx = 1 $yy = 1 For $iRow = 0 To UBound($aPixelColors) - 1 Step $iStep For $iCol = 0 To UBound($aPixelColors, 2) - 1 Step $iStep $oWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range(_Excel_ColumnToLetter($xx) & $yy).Interior.Color = Number("0x" & $aPixelColors[$iRow][$iCol]) $xx += 1 Next $yy += 1 $xx = 1 Next _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBmp) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() EndFunc ;==>_PixelsToCells ; by UEZ ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/167707-imagepixelate/?do=findComment&comment=1227509 Func _GDIPlus_PixelateBitmap($hBitmap, $iPixelate, $bSmooth = 1) Local $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hBitmap), $iHeight = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hBitmap) Local $iNewW = Round($iWidth / $iPixelate, 0), $iNewH = Round($iHeight / $iPixelate, 0) Local $hBitmap_scaled = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iNewW, $iNewH) Local $hCtxt = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap_scaled) Local $iInterpolation = 5 If $bSmooth Then $iInterpolation = $GDIP_INTERPOLATIONMODE_BILINEAR _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetInterpolationMode($hCtxt, $iInterpolation) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($hCtxt, $hBitmap, 0, 0, $iNewW, $iNewH) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hCtxt) Local $hBitmap_pixelated = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iWidth, $iHeight) $hCtxt = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap_pixelated) _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetInterpolationMode($hCtxt, $GDIP_INTERPOLATIONMODE_NearestNeighbor) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRectRect($hCtxt, $hBitmap_scaled, 0, 0, $iNewW, $iNewH, -$iPixelate, -$iPixelate, $iWidth + 2 * $iPixelate, $iHeight + 2 * $iPixelate) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hCtxt) Return $hBitmap_pixelated EndFunc ;==>_GDIPlus_PixelateBitmap ; by Malkey ; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/112540-is-there-a-function-for-reading-images-into-2d-arrays/?do=findComment&comment=788472 Func _FileImageToArray($hImage) Local $Reslt, $stride, $format, $Scan0, $iIW, $iIH ; , $hImage Local $v_Buffer, $width, $height ; _GDIPlus_Startup() ; $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($sFileName) $iIW = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage) $iIH = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage) ProgressOn("Progress Bar", "Filling a " & $iIW & " x " & $iIH & " size array.", "0 percent") $Reslt = _GDIPlus_BitmapLockBits($hImage, 0, 0, $iIW, $iIH, $GDIP_ILMREAD, $GDIP_PXF32ARGB) ;Get the returned values of _GDIPlus_BitmapLockBits () $width = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "width") $height = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "height") $stride = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "stride") $format = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "format") $Scan0 = DllStructGetData($Reslt, "Scan0") Local $aArray[$height][$width] For $j = 0 To $iIH - 1 For $i = 0 To $iIW - 1 $v_Buffer = DllStructCreate("dword", $Scan0 + ($j * $stride) + ($i * 4)) $aArray[$j][$i] = StringRegExpReplace(Hex(DllStructGetData($v_Buffer, 1), 6), "(.{2})(.{2})(.{2})", "\3\2\1") ; To RGB format Next ProgressSet(Int(100 * $j / ($iIH)), Int(100 * $j / ($iIH)) & " percent") Next _GDIPlus_BitmapUnlockBits($hImage, $Reslt) ProgressOff() _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) Return $aArray EndFunc ;==>_FileImageToArray  
    • By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning Forums 
      In these days, I am working on a project that involved me to use some Windows APIs to obtain some information about Terminal Servers.
      I'm doing this using wtsapi32.dll in a VBA Project, but, the lack of knowledge about few things threated in the articles make this quite difficult to
      implement and understand at the same time.
      The most difficult thing I'm facing is "translating" C/C++ functions or struct in VBA when pointers are used, or pointers of pointers, and so on.
      Since VBA seems to not have a pointer type, to make those functions work I need to implement other functions taken from other DLLs, and this confuses me a lot.
      For example, starting from this code, I splitted all the functions and all the definitions to understand why they are there, and why I need to use them.
      At the end, I've found out that the code I was going to implement starting from the functions provided in the Microsoft Docs won't be ever be able to work without some supplementary functions which are not mentioned anywhere.
      So, I was wondering if someone would please point me out to a good and practical exaplanation about pointers (in general) or specifically for VBA, because I need to use them quite often in these days, and I'd like to understand what I am doing.
      Thanks in advance.

Best Regards and Stay at home 🏡

• By Zaoka
      Hi guys
      Need little help with filtering.
      I'm trying to filter specific weeks from power pivot table using this code recorded with Excel VBA :

#include <Excel.au3> Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, "C:\Users\....\Orders.xlsb") $oWorkbook.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields( _ "[Report 2].[Week].[Week]").VisibleItemsList = Array( _ "[Report 2].[Week].&[10]", "[Report 2].[Week].&[11]", _ "[Report 2].[Week].&[12]", "[Report 2].[Week].&[13]", _ "[Report 2].[Week].&[14]", "[Report 2].[Week].&[15]") But get error
      error: Array(): undefined function. Not sure how to resolve this.