is this program safe?

Guest zaauriel

Guest zaauriel

Hello, i need a little help.

I have this program writen by Eohelper. Its an auto-loger for an online game called Endless.

Since it requires u to input your user name and password, i want to make sure that its safe and my account wont get hacked.

My question is:

Does this program sends any kind of information over the internet?

and

Can this information be used to hack my game account?

Thank you very much.

exeo.zip

My AntiVir automatically detected the EXE file as THIS:

C:\DOCUME~1\MYNAME~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\CW3QQN6R\EXEO[1]\EXEO.EXE

Is the Trojan horse TR/Click.Small.HT

It could be false though... But all of my other AutoIt EXE's are never detected as trojans or anything. I haven't looked over the script yet, I just breezed through it and it looks harmless, just DO NOT RUN THE EXE until someone has verified it is safe.

Any other AutoIt created EXE I download, has never returned as a trojan... So this must be different. :whistle: Just don't run it until someone else can verify the file.

Edited by layer
FootbaG

The .au3 is safe. I went through the whole thing. Just compile it yourself. You may want to warn the guy, that his .exe is trojaned. I was unable to scan it, but I am sure something could be up if Layer is getting a bad reading on it. I will see if I can scan it later when I am on Windows.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Hi,

I had also a problem with Norman Virus Control. Norman detected a Trojan in my AutoIt scripts. I sent them the files. They released a new version. I don´t know why, but sometimes the antivirus companies have problems with such scripts and then they are producing FPs. (FP = false positives)

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I don´t know why, but sometimes the antivirus companies have problems with such scripts and then they are producing FPs. (FP = false positives)

That's most probably due to the use of upx which some trojans and viruses seem to be using as well. After decompressing the file with upx -d, there is usually no more virus/trojan warning (however, the compiled script won't run then!)

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Well, I'm not saying that all of my AutoIt scripts or AutoIt compiled .EXE's are detected as trojans... This was seriously the only AutoIt compiled EXE that has ever been detected as a trojan.. I don't know if it was the compression, or if it's even AutoIt, but whatever it is, it probably isn't safe... I could be wrong but the best thing to do is to not run it and just compile the script that came with it as your own .EXE...

FootbaG

Guest zaauriel

thanks for you time everybody.

Oh, about the trojan stuff, its not the author fault, i compiled the script myself and run antivirus before ziping.

I didnt get any warning, so i post it like that (i used updated norton antivirus).

Thanks again, u really helped me a lot. :whistle:

Guest DunkelWolf

My AntiVir automatically detected the EXE file as THIS:

It could be false though... But all of my other AutoIt EXE's are never detected as trojans or anything. I haven't looked over the script yet, I just breezed through it and it looks harmless, just DO NOT RUN THE EXE until someone has verified it is safe.

Any other AutoIt created EXE I download, has never returned as a trojan... So this must be different. :whistle:  Just don't run it until someone else can verify the file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi layer,

AntiVir detects it as Trojan, thats right, but it even detects it as trojan if you compile the harmless code yourself so its a fault of antivir itself.. false alarm.

Just try it and compile it yourself. :dance:

DunkelWolf