Setting up a Queuing System

I am writing a script that reads text from a chat room, recognizes a specific thing from what is said and then runs. I have that functioning, but the problem right now is that it is only doing the one that it sees first and then forgets about any other requests that may have come through while it was running the script. 

What I would like for it to do is set up a que, what I assume would be done via an array push of some sort, so that it does the requests in the order received. I've tried a couple of different methods without any success so If I can get some assistance on this that would be great! I have included the code below.

#include <FileSource.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <File.au3>

;Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin\pidgin.exe") ;Start Pidgin
$healthMessage = "===Health Check Results==="
$link = "WEBSITE FOR GSLU"
$oIE = _IECreate($link, Default, 1)
;_IENavigate($oIE, $link, 1)
WinMove("[CLASS:IEFrame]", "", 0, 0, 1050, 656)

;Array of files in log folder
$FileList = _FileListtoArrayEx('C:\Users\Zoidberg\AppData\Roaming\.purple\logs\jabber\sdcim.com.chat', '*.*', 1)
$File = $FileList[$FileList[0]]
;ConsoleWrite($FileList[$FileList[0]])

While True
;Opens the file, reads the last line
$FileHandle = FileOpen($File)
$LineRead = FileReadLine($FileHandle, -1)
FileClose($FileHandle)
;Check if GSLU was found
$RegExArray = StringRegExp($LineRead, ".*?((?i)GSLU).*?(\d+).*?((?i)Health)", 3)
;Start Main Loop
   if Ubound($RegExArray) == 3 Then
      ControlSend( "[CLASS:gdkWindowToplevel]", "", "gdkWindowChild4", "Processing GSLU, ETA 30 seconds." & "{ENTER}")
     ControlSend( "[CLASS:gdkWindowToplevel]", "", "gdkWindowChild4", "{ENTER}" & "{ENTER}" & "{ENTER}")
      WinActive("[CLASS:IEFrame]")
      ClipPut($RegExArray[1]) 
      _IEImgClick($oIE, "SearchIconT.gif")
      sleep(5000)
      MouseClick("left", 465, 220, 1, 0);Search Click
      ;Sleep(100)
      Send(ClipGet())
      Send("{ENTER}")
      Sleep(8000)
      _IELinkClickByText($oIE, "HSI", 0, 1)
      _IELinkClickByText($oIE, "Health Check", 1, 1)
      Sleep(1500)
      MouseClick("Left", 180, 230, 1, 0) ;Clicking Modem
      ;Sleep(100)
      MouseClickDrag("Left", 180, 230, 180, 260, 1) ;Clicking Modem
      MouseClick("Left", 530,280,1,0) ;Clicking Health
      MouseClick("Left", 530,300,1,0) ;Clicking Health
      Sleep(5000)
      MouseClick("Left", 826, 283,1,0) ;Clicking Text Format
      MouseClick("Left", 826, 293,1,0) ;Clicking Text Format
      MouseClick("Left", 500, 260,1,0) ;Clicking Text Format for copying
      Send("^a")
      Send("^c")
      Send("^c")
      ;Sleep(500)
      ;Refining GSLU down to needed info       
      $Final_Text = StringRegExp(ClipGet(), "(CM[^\v]+|Current CMTS Status[^\v]+|Modem Boot File[^\v]+)", 3)
      ControlSend( "[CLASS:gdkWindowToplevel]", "", "gdkWindowChild4", "===Health Check Results===" & @LF & $Final_Text[0] & @LF & $Final_Text[1] & @LF & $Final_Text[2])
      ControlSend( "[CLASS:gdkWindowToplevel]", "", "gdkWindowChild4", "{ENTER}")
      Send("{F5}")
      Sleep(5000)

EndIf
Sleep(100)
WEnd

in this special case i would run two scripts.

one script (the child script) parses the chat for keywords and lists them like a que in an ini file (IniWrite).

the second script (the parent script) checks the same ini file list for entries (IniRead), makes the work it should, and then deletes the ini entry (IniDelete)

the second (parent) script start the first (child) one with the Run command and waits until something is written into the ini file.

if the parent script closes, it close the child process as well.

cheers E.

Edit: if you have the two scripts ready, i can show you how to merge them again to one script :)

Edited by Edano

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

Is there a way for me to make it so I can compile both scripts into a single file?

also thanks a million, I didn't even think about using an ini file.

my edit came too late:

Edit: if you have the two scripts ready, i can show you how to merge them again to one script :)

so, yes, can be compiled as one

Edited by Edano

excuse me Edano,

do not arise problems if 2 programs try to access in read and write mode to the same ini file at the same time?

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

excuse me Edano,

do not arise problems if 2 programs try to access in read and write mode to the same ini file at the same time?

Actually this isn't an issue assuming they aren't both writing. My current script is reading a chat log that is continually being updated by the chat client and I've had no issues with is so far! :)

so, yes, can be compiled as one

Alright, well I shall write it up and get back to you on how to do this! I assume it is possible for the .ini file to be saved within as well?

Edited by Zeerti

no, just make a loop until no error is returned in both scripts. iniwrite read has the advantage that the file is only opened a very short time (some ms).

you have to check the read write commands for errors and loop until @error=0

Edited by Edano

Alright, well I shall write it up and get back to you on how to do this! I assume it is possible for the .ini file to be saved within as well?

first part yes, i would love to show you that trick.

second part: no, the inifile is only extern, but you can hide it in the temp directory if you want.

btw.: the child script can work invisibly, without gui and taskbar icon.

no, just make a loop until no error is returned in both scripts. iniwrite read has the advantage that the file is only opened a very short time (some ms).

I haven't messed around with it yet, but I don't understand what you are getting at with looping until the error returns 0. Why would it not return 0?

That's assuming that Ini* functions use file locks, which might not be the case.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I haven't messed around with it yet, but I don't understand what you are getting at with looping until the error returns 0. Why would it not return 0?

that was an answer to pincopanco's remark, not to you :)

do

$x=iniwrite(.....)

until $x>0 (0 would mean the file is locked) 

Edited by Edano

That's assuming that Ini* functions use file locks, which might not be the case.

I know that the FileOpen() doesn't lock it, I just assumed the ini read/write would be the same. I didn't even consider it locking it an option.

do

$x=iniwrite(.....)

until $x>0 (0 would mean the file is blocked) 

So essentially looping it tell it sees the error that it's blocked and then it stops and then will resume when the return value is 1 for instance. Right?

Edited by Zeerti

.... well, it's a trick  :)

do you know if SQLite can manage concurrent  r/w accesses ?

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Then this approach is likely to fail. In fact and since it has a non-zero probability of failure, it WILL fail, and at the worst moment, of course, provided it's used long enough for the "disaster" (*) to occur.

(*) read: unexpected failure

To the last post: YES, SQLite will hapily do the job with no chance of failure.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Edano,

What makes you believe that Ini* functions use any kind of isolation?