Sign in to follow this  
blitzer99

It's broken: "#include <string.au3>"

blitzer99

I have just installed the latest SciTe4AutoIt full update dated 30 August and have a problem with the "#include <string.au3>" statement.

Now running a syntax check on code that has "#include <string.au3>" gives the following error:

>Running AU3Check...D:\Program files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat
D:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\string.au3(16,59) : ERROR: $strHex already declared as parameter
    Local $strChar, $aryHex, $i, $iDec, $Char, $file, $strHex,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
D:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\string.au3(60,112) : ERROR: $i_EncryptLevel already declared as parameter
      If Number($i_EncryptLevel) <= 0 Or Int($i_EncryptLevel) <> $i_EncryptLevel Then Local $i_EncryptLevel = 1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~^
e:\MyDocs\ASDP SQL parser\ASDP User registration.au3 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>AU3Check Ended with Error(s).
>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.452

It always worked without error on the previous version 1.64 of SciTe4AutoIt. :whistle:

Does anyone know how this problem can be fixed?

Computers don't solve problems, they just rearrange them.New string TRIM() functions for AutoIt3

GaryFrost

I have the latest beta 3.1.1.73 and latest SciTe and tried all of the examples and don't get those error's from Au3Check.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

blitzer99

I have the latest beta 3.1.1.73 and latest SciTe and tried all of the examples and don't get those error's from Au3Check.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem appears to be with the UDF "_StringEncrypt ()". It's part of "string.au3" included with AutoIt3.

If this UDF is not called by anyone using "#include <string.au3>" in their AutoIt3 script then the error won't be apparent.

Anyone calling "_StringEncrypt ()" will observe this problem on upgrading. It appears there is a change to the code of this UDF required to make it work again.

Can someone in the know please advise?

Computers don't solve problems, they just rearrange them.New string TRIM() functions for AutoIt3

GaryFrost

what beta version are you running?

if the latest then I suggest looking at the help and example for the "_StringEncrypt function, I tried the example for that one and it worked fine, no errors.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

blitzer99

what beta version are you running?

if the latest then I suggest looking at the help and example for the "_StringEncrypt function, I tried the example for that one and it worked fine, no errors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am using SciTe 1.66 with AutoIt 3.1.1.

I see the version of string.au3 I am using is dated 18 January 2005 which I received (as far as I can recall) with AutoIt 3.1.1.

Is there a later version of string.au3 available that maybe fixes this problem?

GaryFrost

I ran the production (3.1.1) version and had no problems.

Beta is currently at 3.1.1.73 String.au3 dated 7/8/05.

Edited by gafrost

blitzer99

I ran the production (3.1.1) version and had no problems.

Beta is currently at 3.1.1.73 String.au3 dated 7/8/05.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your help. I downloaded and installed 3.1.1.73 beta. It installed to a "beta" folder and updated the string.au3 file in my "Include" folder. No further problem.

Thanks again.