Memory leak, not sure how to fix

corgano

I have this function (can't remember where I got it) that returns the RGB of a pixel in a hImg

Func _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage, $iX, $iY)
    Local $tArgb, $pArgb, $aRet
    $tArgb = DllStructCreate("dword Argb")
    $pArgb = DllStructGetPtr($tArgb)
    $aRet = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipBitmapGetPixel", "hwnd", $hImage, "int", $iX, "int", $iY, "ptr", $pArgb)
    Return Hex(DllStructGetData($tArgb, "Argb"), 6)
EndFunc

It does the job, but every time it's called it uses more and more Memory. I'm not that familiar with DLLcalls, can anyone see where the leak is? 

More info: The first time I run it with a new image, my memory useage goes up y about 70mb. the images I am processing are about 500kb big. Makes no sense

I can run it multiple times with the same file, with no change in memory usage?

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

Show the full code. I assume you forgot to dispose the bitmap in a loop.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Show the full code. I assume you forgot to dispose the bitmap in a loop.

Br,

UEZ

That is exactly what I'm thinking, but I can't find it. Code is a bit long to dig through... although if anyone might find it interesting, you probably would

It's a program to crop borders off of scanned documents / covers. It extracts images from a PDF (via Acrobat Pro) and then goes through each image, gets a bunch of sample points form the center of the image to find an average color, and then looks out form the center in all directions and pinpoints where the borders of that color - therefore the edges of that document - are, and then uses that info and the DPI to calculate the inches to crop off the sides. And it all works, the only issue is it climbs in memory as it goes through the images and rather rapidly at that

To test it, just point the _filelistarray to a folder of images like this one '>

$aFiles = _Filelisttoarray($ImgFolder,"*.jp?g",0)
;~ _ArrayDisplay($afiles)
For $iPage = 0 to $aFiles[0]-1
    $Jpg = $aFiles[$iPage+1]

;~  ConsoleWrite($iPage&"   "&$aPages[$iPage][1]&"  "&$aPages[$iPage][2]&"  "&$Jpg&@CRLF)

$hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($Jpg)
    $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth( $hImage)
    $iHeight = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)
    if $iWidth > $iHeight Then
        _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hImage, 1)
        $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth( $hImage)
    EndIf

;get the average color of the center area of the image
    $aColor = _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixelAverage($hImage, "", "", 300, 15)

;Basic sensitivity calibration based on page contrast. Less contrast = more sensitave
    $t = 100-(((dec($aColor[1])+Dec($aColor[2])+dec($aColor[3]))/(3*2.55))/100*80)

;get the amount to crop each edge by
    $left =                     CropValue_Left($hImage, $aColor[0], $DPI, $iHeight/2, "", 10, $t)
    $right = ($iWidth/$DPI) -   CropValue_Right($hImage, $aColor[0], $DPI, $iHeight/2, "", 10, $t)
    $bottom = ($iHeight/$DPI) - CropValue_Bottom($hImage, $aColor[0], $DPI, $iWidth/2, "", 10, $t)
    $top =                      CropValue_Top($hImage, $aColor[0], $DPI, $iWidth/2, "", 10, $t-10)

ConsoleWrite(round($t,2)&"  "&$aColor[0]&"  "&$top&"    "&$bottom&" "&$left&"   "&$right&@CRLF)
;~  FileDelete($Jpg)
    _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFileex($hImage, $Jpg&".mod.jpeg", _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID("JPG"))
    _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage)

;~  Exit
Next

Func pdfcroppage($oJSpdf, $spage = 0, $epage="q", $top=0, $bottom=0, $left=0, $right=0)
    if not IsInt($epage) then $epage = $spage
    $tBox = $oJSpdf.getPageBox("Crop", $spage);
    Dim $newBox[4] = [$left*72, $tBox[1]-($top*72), $tBox[2]-($right*72), +($bottom*72) ];
    $oJSpdf.setPageBoxes("Crop", $spage, $epage, $newBox)
EndFunc

;used to get some other data used in the script, ignore
Func _ExcelGetBinders($iWave = "")
    $iWave = StringReplace($iWave, "Wave ", "")

Local $list = ""
    Local $aRet[100][3]

Local $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")
    $oExcel.Visible = 0
    $oExcel.WorkBooks.Open("J:\CNRL Scanning Project.xlsx")
    $oExcel.Worksheets("Thermal Databooks").Activate

$iItem = 0

$oMatch = $oExcel.Cells.Find("Wave " & $iWave)
    If IsObj($oMatch) Then
        $sFirst = $oMatch.Address
        While IsObj($oMatch)
            $a = StringRegExp($oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "K").value, "(?i)WAVE ? (\d?\d) ? - ? BOX ? (\d?\d)", 3)
            If IsArray($a) Then

$aRet[$iItem][1] = $a[1]
                $aRet[$iItem][2] = StringTrimLeft( $oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "D").Value, StringInStr( $oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "D").Value, "_", 0, -1) )
                $aRet[$iItem][0] = "Box "&$aRet[$iItem][1]&"\ "&$aRet[$iItem][2]&" Cover and Spine.pdf"

$aRet[$iItem+1][1] = $a[1]
                $aRet[$iItem+1][2] = StringTrimLeft( $oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "D").Value, StringInStr( $oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "D").Value, "_", 0, -1) )
                $aRet[$iItem+1][0] = "Box "&$aRet[$iItem][1]&"\ "&$aRet[$iItem][2]&" Cover and Spine.pdf"

$iItem += 2
            EndIf
            $oMatch = $oExcel.Cells.Findnext($oMatch)
            If $oMatch.Address = $sFirst Then ExitLoop
        WEnd
    EndIf

ReDim $aRet[$iItem-1][3]
    Return $aRet
EndFunc   ;==>_ExcelGetBinders

Func valuetoredgreen($num)
    $red = round(510-(2.55*$num*2))
    $green = round(2.55*$num*2)
    if $red > 255 then $red = 255
    if $green > 255 then $green = 255
;~  ConsoleWrite($num&" "&$red&"    "&$green&@CRLF)
    Return hex($red,2)&hex($green,2)&"00"
EndFunc

Func ColorCheckSim($c1, $c2)
    local $aDif[4], $a, $b
    for $i = 1 to 3
        $a = dec(StringMid($c1,($i*2)-1,2))
        $b = dec(StringMid($c2,($i*2)-1,2))
        $aDif[$i] = 100 - (abs( $a - $b )/2.55)
    Next
;~  ConsoleWrite($aDif[1]&" "&$aDif[2]&"    "&$aDif[3]&@CRLF)
    $aDif[0] = Round( ($aDif[1]+$aDif[2]+$aDif[3])/3 ,2)
    return $aDif
EndFunc

Func _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hImage, $iRotateFlipType)
    Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipImageRotateFlip", "hwnd", $hImage, "int", $iRotateFlipType)

If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False)
    $GDIP_STATUS = $aResult[0]
    Return $aResult[0] = 0
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip

Func _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixelAverage($hImage, $iX="", $iY="", $iDist = 100, $iPoints = 3)
    Local $i = 0, $pCenter[2], $aColor[$iPoints*$iPoints+1][4], $aAvg[4], $ret[4], $count = 0, $blackness, $Whiteness
    if $iY <> "" Then
        $pCenter[0] = $iX
        $pCenter[1] = $iY
    Else
        $pCenter[0] =  _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)/2
        $pCenter[1] = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)/2
    EndIf

for $iX = $pCenter[0]-$iDist To $pCenter[0]+$iDist step $iDist/(($iPoints-1)/2)
    for $iY = $pCenter[1]-$iDist To $pCenter[1]+$iDist step $iDist/(($iPoints-1)/2)
        $i += 1
        $aColor[$i][0] = _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage, $iX, $iY)
        $blackness = Round((Abs(dec("000000")-Dec($aColor[$i][0]    ))/16777215),3)*100
        $Whiteness = Round((Abs(dec("FFFFFF")-Dec($aColor[$i][0]    ))/16777215),3)*100
;~      ConsoleWrite($blackness&"   ")
        if $blackness > 10 Then ;avoid adding black pixels to the average, gets more true color
            $count += 1
            $aColor[$i][1] = StringLeft($aColor[$i][0],2)
            $aColor[$i][2] = StringMid($aColor[$i][0],3,2)
            $aColor[$i][3] = Stringright($aColor[$i][0],2)
            $aAvg[1] += Dec($aColor[$i][1])
            $aAvg[2] += Dec($aColor[$i][2])
            $aAvg[3] += Dec($aColor[$i][3])
        EndIf
;~      ConsoleWrite($i&"   "&$aColor[$i][0]&@CRLF)
    Next
;~  ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)
    Next

$ret[1] = hex(Round($aAvg[1]/($count)),2)
    $ret[2] = hex(Round($aAvg[2]/($count)),2)
    $ret[3] = hex(Round($aAvg[3]/($count)),2)
    $ret[0] = $ret[1]&$ret[2]&$ret[3]

$hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFF"&$ret[0],10)
    $hGraphics = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hImage)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect($hGraphics, $pCenter[0]-$iDist-5, $pCenter[1]-$iDist-5, $iDist*2+10, $iDist*2+10, $hPen)
    _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphics)

Return $ret
EndFunc

$aRet = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipBitmapGetPixel", "hwnd", $hImage, "int", $iX, "int", $iY, "ptr", $pArgb)
EndFunc

Func CropValue_Left($hImage, $Color, $DPI, $iY, $xStart = "", $samples = 10, $threashold = 80)
    Local $step, $iX, $count, $similarity, $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)
    Local $stack[5] = [100,100,100,100,100]

if $xStart = "" Then $xStart = $iWidth/2
    ConsoleWrite("Left"&@CRLF)
    for $step = 0 to 100 step $samples
        $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFF00FFFF",3)
        _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX, $iY + 10, $iX, $iY + 100, $hPen)
        if $step = 0 then $step = 1.5
        for $iX = $xStart To 0 Step -$DPI/$step
            If $iX = 0 Then $xStart = round($iX + ( ($DPI/$step) * (UBound($stack)+1) )  )
            $count = 0
            $similarity = ColorCheckSim(  $Color, _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)  )
            $similarity2 = ColorCheckSim(  "DDDDDD", _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)  )
            $similarity = $similarity[0]
;~          ConsoleWrite("  "&$iX&" "&$similarity&" "&_GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)&"    "&$Color&@CRLF)

$hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFF"&valuetoredgreen($similarity*0.8),3)
            _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX, $iY - 10-(2*$step), $iX, $iY - 70-(2*$step), $hPen)

if $similarity < $threashold and $similarity2[0] < 80 then $count += 1
            for $i = UBound($stack)-1 to 1 step -1
                if $stack[$i] < $threashold then $count += 1
                $stack[$i] = $stack[$i-1]
            Next
            $stack[0] = $similarity

;~              ConsoleWrite($iX&"  "&$stack[0]&"   "&$stack[1]&"   "&$stack[2]&"   "&$stack[3]&"   "&$stack[4]&@CRLF)

If $count = UBound($stack) Then
                $xStart = round($iX + ( ($DPI/$step) * (UBound($stack)+1) )  )
;~              ConsoleWrite("Back to "&$xStart&"   with score "&Round( ( Abs( dec($aColor[1]) - Dec(   _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$pCenter[0],$xStart)    ) )/16777215 ) ,3)*100&@CRLF)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
        if $step = 1.5 then $step = 0
    Next
    $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFFFFFF00",3)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX, $iY + 100, $iX, $iY + 1000, $hPen)
    Return ($xStart-($DPI/$step*2) )/$DPI
EndFunc

Func CropValue_Right($hImage, $Color, $DPI, $iY, $xStart = "", $samples = 10, $threashold = 80)
    Local $step, $iX, $count, $similarity, $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)

if $xStart = "" Then $xStart = $iWidth/2
    ConsoleWrite("Right"&@CRLF)
        for $iX = $xStart To $iWidth Step +$DPI/$step
            If $iX >= $iWidth-($DPI/$Step) Then $xStart = round($iX - ( ($DPI/$step) * (UBound($stack)+1) )  )

$count = 0
            $similarity2 = ColorCheckSim(  "DDDDDD", _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)  )
            $similarity = ColorCheckSim(  $Color, _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)  )
;~          ConsoleWrite("  "&$iX&" "&$similarity[0]&"  "&_GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)&"    "&$Color&@CRLF)

$hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFF"&valuetoredgreen($similarity[0]*0.8),3)
            _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX, $iY - 10-(2*$step), $iX, $iY - 70-(2*$step), $hPen)

if ($similarity[0] < $threashold or $similarity[3] < $threashold) and $similarity2[0] < 80 then $count += 1
            Next
            $stack[0] = $similarity[0]

;~              ConsoleWrite(Round($iX)&"   "&$stack[0]&"   "&$stack[1]&"   "&$stack[2]&"   "&$stack[3]&"   "&$stack[4]&@CRLF)

$xStart = round($iX - ( ($DPI/$step) * (UBound($stack)+1) )  )
;~              ConsoleWrite("Back to "&$xStart&"   with score "&Round( ( Abs( dec($aColor[1]) - Dec(   _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$pCenter[0],$xStart)    ) )/16777215 ) ,3)*100&@CRLF)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
    Return ($xStart-($DPI/$step*2) )/$DPI
EndFunc

Func CropValue_Bottom($hImage, $Color, $DPI, $iX, $yStart = "", $samples = 10, $threashold = 80)
    Local $step, $iY, $count, $similarity, $iHeight = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)
    if $yStart = "" Then $yStart = $iHeight/2

$similarity = ColorCheckSim(  $Color, _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$yStart)  )
    if $similarity[0] < 20 Then
        $iX -= $DPI
        $similarity = ColorCheckSim(  $Color, _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$yStart)  )
            $iX += ($DPI*2)
                return 0
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Bottom"&@CRLF)
        _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX + 10, $iY, $iX + 100, $iY, $hPen)
        for $iY = $yStart To $iHeight Step +$DPI/$step
            If $iY = 0 Then $yStart = round($iX - ( ($DPI/$step) * (UBound($stack)+1) )  )
            $count = 0
;~          ConsoleWrite("  "&$iX&" "&$similarity&" "&_GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)&"    "&$Color&@CRLF)

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX - 10-(2*$step), $iY, $iX - 70-(2*$step), $iY, $hPen)

Next
            $stack[0] = $similarity

;~              ConsoleWrite($iY&"  "&$stack[0]&"   "&$stack[1]&"   "&$stack[2]&"   "&$stack[3]&"   "&$stack[4]&@CRLF)

$yStart = round($iY - ( ($DPI/$step) * (UBound($stack)+1) )  )
;~              ConsoleWrite("Back to "&$yStart&"   with score "&Round( ( Abs( dec($aColor[1]) - Dec(   _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$pCenter[0],$yStart)    ) )/16777215 ) ,3)*100&@CRLF)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
        _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX + 100, $iY, $iX + 1000, $iY, $hPen)
    Return ($yStart-($DPI/$step*2) )/$DPI
EndFunc

Func CropValue_Top($hImage, $Color, $DPI, $iX, $yStart = "", $samples = 10, $threashold = 80)
    Local $step, $iY, $count, $similarity, $iHeight = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)
    if $yStart = "" Then $yStart = $iHeight/2

$iX -= $DPI
            $iX += ($DPI*2)
                return 0
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Top"&@CRLF)

for $iY = $yStart To 0 Step -$DPI/$step
            If $iY < $DPI/$step Then $yStart = round($iY + ( ($DPI/$step) * (UBound($stack)+1) )  )
            $count = 0

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX - 10-(2*$step), $iY, $iX - 70-(2*$step), $iY, $hPen)

Next
            $stack[0] = $similarity

;~              ConsoleWrite($iY&"  "&$stack[0]&"   "&$stack[1]&"   "&$stack[2]&"   "&$stack[3]&"   "&$stack[4]&@CRLF)

$yStart = round($iY + ( ($DPI/$step) * (UBound($stack)+1) )  )
;~              ConsoleWrite("Back to "&$yStart&"   with score "&Round( ( Abs( dec($aColor[1]) - Dec(   _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$pCenter[0],$yStart)    ) )/16777215 ) ,3)*100&@CRLF)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
    Return ($yStart-($DPI/$step*2) )/$DPI
EndFunc

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

Can you try this?

$aFiles = _FileListToArray($ImgFolder, "*.jp?g", 0)
;~ _ArrayDisplay($afiles)
For $iPage = 0 To $aFiles[0] - 1
    $Jpg = $aFiles[$iPage + 1]

;~  ConsoleWrite($iPage&"   "&$aPages[$iPage][1]&"  "&$aPages[$iPage][2]&"  "&$Jpg&@CRLF)

$hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($Jpg)
    $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)
    If $iWidth > $iHeight Then
        _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hImage, 1)
        $iWidth = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)
    EndIf

;get the average color of the center area of the image
    $aColor = _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixelAverage($hImage, "", "", 300, 15)

;Basic sensitivity calibration based on page contrast. Less contrast = more sensitave
    $t = 100 - (((Dec($aColor[1]) + Dec($aColor[2]) + Dec($aColor[3])) / (3 * 2.55)) / 100 * 80)

;get the amount to crop each edge by
    $left = CropValue_Left($hImage, $aColor[0], $DPI, $iHeight / 2, "", 10, $t)
    $right = ($iWidth / $DPI) - CropValue_Right($hImage, $aColor[0], $DPI, $iHeight / 2, "", 10, $t)
    $bottom = ($iHeight / $DPI) - CropValue_Bottom($hImage, $aColor[0], $DPI, $iWidth / 2, "", 10, $t)
    $top = CropValue_Top($hImage, $aColor[0], $DPI, $iWidth / 2, "", 10, $t - 10)

ConsoleWrite(Round($t, 2) & "  " & $aColor[0] & "  " & $top & "    " & $bottom & " " & $left & "   " & $right & @CRLF)
;~  FileDelete($Jpg)
    _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFileEx($hImage, $Jpg & ".mod.jpeg", _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID("JPG"))
    _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage)

;~  Exit
Next

Func pdfcroppage($oJSpdf, $spage = 0, $epage = "q", $top = 0, $bottom = 0, $left = 0, $right = 0)
    If Not IsInt($epage) Then $epage = $spage
    $tBox = $oJSpdf.getPageBox("Crop", $spage);
    Dim $newBox[4] = [$left * 72, $tBox[1] - ($top * 72), $tBox[2] - ($right * 72), +($bottom * 72)];
    $oJSpdf.setPageBoxes("Crop", $spage, $epage, $newBox)
EndFunc   ;==>pdfcroppage

;used to get some other data used in the script, ignore
Func _ExcelGetBinders($iWave = "")
    $iWave = StringReplace($iWave, "Wave ", "")

Local $list = ""
    Local $aRet[100][3]

Local $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")
    $oExcel.Visible = 0
    $oExcel.WorkBooks.Open("J:\CNRL Scanning Project.xlsx")
    $oExcel.Worksheets("Thermal Databooks").Activate

$iItem = 0

$oMatch = $oExcel.Cells.Find("Wave " & $iWave)
    If IsObj($oMatch) Then
        $sFirst = $oMatch.Address
        While IsObj($oMatch)
            $a = StringRegExp($oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "K").value, "(?i)WAVE ? (\d?\d) ? - ? BOX ? (\d?\d)", 3)
            If IsArray($a) Then

$aRet[$iItem][1] = $a[1]
                $aRet[$iItem][2] = StringTrimLeft($oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "D").Value, StringInStr($oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "D").Value, "_", 0, -1))
                $aRet[$iItem][0] = "Box " & $aRet[$iItem][1] & "\ " & $aRet[$iItem][2] & " Cover and Spine.pdf"

$aRet[$iItem + 1][1] = $a[1]
                $aRet[$iItem + 1][2] = StringTrimLeft($oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "D").Value, StringInStr($oExcel.Cells($oMatch.Row, "D").Value, "_", 0, -1))
                $aRet[$iItem + 1][0] = "Box " & $aRet[$iItem][1] & "\ " & $aRet[$iItem][2] & " Cover and Spine.pdf"

$iItem += 2
            EndIf
            $oMatch = $oExcel.Cells.Findnext($oMatch)
            If $oMatch.Address = $sFirst Then ExitLoop
        WEnd
    EndIf

ReDim $aRet[$iItem - 1][3]
    Return $aRet
EndFunc   ;==>_ExcelGetBinders

Func valuetoredgreen($num)
    $red = Round(510 - (2.55 * $num * 2))
    $green = Round(2.55 * $num * 2)
    If $red > 255 Then $red = 255
    If $green > 255 Then $green = 255
;~  ConsoleWrite($num&" "&$red&"    "&$green&@CRLF)
    Return Hex($red, 2) & Hex($green, 2) & "00"
EndFunc   ;==>valuetoredgreen

Func ColorCheckSim($c1, $c2)
    Local $aDif[4], $a, $b
    For $i = 1 To 3
        $a = Dec(StringMid($c1, ($i * 2) - 1, 2))
        $b = Dec(StringMid($c2, ($i * 2) - 1, 2))
        $aDif[$i] = 100 - (Abs($a - $b) / 2.55)
    Next
;~  ConsoleWrite($aDif[1]&" "&$aDif[2]&"    "&$aDif[3]&@CRLF)
    $aDif[0] = Round(($aDif[1] + $aDif[2] + $aDif[3]) / 3, 2)
    Return $aDif
EndFunc   ;==>ColorCheckSim

Func _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hImage, $iRotateFlipType)
    Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipImageRotateFlip", "hwnd", $hImage, "int", $iRotateFlipType)

If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False)
    $GDIP_STATUS = $aResult[0]
    Return $aResult[0] = 0
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip

Func _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixelAverage($hImage, $iX = "", $iY = "", $iDist = 100, $iPoints = 3)
    Local $i = 0, $pCenter[2], $aColor[$iPoints * $iPoints + 1][4], $aAvg[4], $ret[4], $count = 0, $blackness, $Whiteness
    If $iY <> "" Then
        $pCenter[0] = $iX
        $pCenter[1] = $iY
    Else
        $pCenter[0] = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage) / 2
        $pCenter[1] = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage) / 2
    EndIf

For $iX = $pCenter[0] - $iDist To $pCenter[0] + $iDist Step $iDist / (($iPoints - 1) / 2)
        For $iY = $pCenter[1] - $iDist To $pCenter[1] + $iDist Step $iDist / (($iPoints - 1) / 2)
            $i += 1
            $aColor[$i][0] = _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage, $iX, $iY)
            $blackness = Round((Abs(Dec("000000") - Dec($aColor[$i][0])) / 16777215), 3) * 100
            $Whiteness = Round((Abs(Dec("FFFFFF") - Dec($aColor[$i][0])) / 16777215), 3) * 100
;~      ConsoleWrite($blackness&"   ")
            If $blackness > 10 Then ;avoid adding black pixels to the average, gets more true color
                $count += 1
                $aColor[$i][1] = StringLeft($aColor[$i][0], 2)
                $aColor[$i][2] = StringMid($aColor[$i][0], 3, 2)
                $aColor[$i][3] = StringRight($aColor[$i][0], 2)
                $aAvg[1] += Dec($aColor[$i][1])
                $aAvg[2] += Dec($aColor[$i][2])
                $aAvg[3] += Dec($aColor[$i][3])
            EndIf
;~      ConsoleWrite($i&"   "&$aColor[$i][0]&@CRLF)
        Next
;~  ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)
    Next

$ret[1] = Hex(Round($aAvg[1] / ($count)), 2)
    $ret[2] = Hex(Round($aAvg[2] / ($count)), 2)
    $ret[3] = Hex(Round($aAvg[3] / ($count)), 2)
    $ret[0] = $ret[1] & $ret[2] & $ret[3]

$hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFF" & $ret[0], 10)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect($hGraphics, $pCenter[0] - $iDist - 5, $pCenter[1] - $iDist - 5, $iDist * 2 + 10, $iDist * 2 + 10, $hPen)

Return $ret
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixelAverage

EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel

Func CropValue_Left($hImage, $Color, $DPI, $iY, $xStart = "", $samples = 10, $threashold = 80)
    Local $stack[5] = [100, 100, 100, 100, 100]

If $xStart = "" Then $xStart = $iWidth / 2
    ConsoleWrite("Left" & @CRLF)
    For $step = 0 To 100 Step $samples
        $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFF00FFFF", 3)
        If $step = 0 Then $step = 1.5
        For $iX = $xStart To 0 Step -$DPI / $step
            If $iX = 0 Then $xStart = Round($iX + (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))
            $count = 0
            $similarity = ColorCheckSim($Color, _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage, $iX, $iY))
            $similarity2 = ColorCheckSim("DDDDDD", _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage, $iX, $iY))
;~          ConsoleWrite("  "&$iX&" "&$similarity&" "&_GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)&"    "&$Color&@CRLF)

$hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFF" & valuetoredgreen($similarity * 0.8), 3)
            _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX, $iY - 10 - (2 * $step), $iX, $iY - 70 - (2 * $step), $hPen)

If $similarity < $threashold And $similarity2[0] < 80 Then $count += 1
            For $i = UBound($stack) - 1 To 1 Step -1
                If $stack[$i] < $threashold Then $count += 1
                $stack[$i] = $stack[$i - 1]
            Next
            $stack[0] = $similarity

;~              ConsoleWrite($iX&"  "&$stack[0]&"   "&$stack[1]&"   "&$stack[2]&"   "&$stack[3]&"   "&$stack[4]&@CRLF)

$xStart = Round($iX + (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))
;~              ConsoleWrite("Back to "&$xStart&"   with score "&Round( ( Abs( dec($aColor[1]) - Dec(   _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$pCenter[0],$xStart)    ) )/16777215 ) ,3)*100&@CRLF)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
        If $step = 1.5 Then $step = 0
    Next
    $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFFFFFF00", 3)
    Return ($xStart - ($DPI / $step * 2)) / $DPI
EndFunc   ;==>CropValue_Left

Func CropValue_Right($hImage, $Color, $DPI, $iY, $xStart = "", $samples = 10, $threashold = 80)

ConsoleWrite("Right" & @CRLF)
        For $iX = $xStart To $iWidth Step +$DPI / $step
            If $iX >= $iWidth - ($DPI / $step) Then $xStart = Round($iX - (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))

$count = 0
            $similarity2 = ColorCheckSim("DDDDDD", _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage, $iX, $iY))
;~          ConsoleWrite("  "&$iX&" "&$similarity[0]&"  "&_GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)&"    "&$Color&@CRLF)

$hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate("0xFF" & valuetoredgreen($similarity[0] * 0.8), 3)
            _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX, $iY - 10 - (2 * $step), $iX, $iY - 70 - (2 * $step), $hPen)

If ($similarity[0] < $threashold Or $similarity[3] < $threashold) And $similarity2[0] < 80 Then $count += 1
            Next
            $stack[0] = $similarity[0]

;~              ConsoleWrite(Round($iX)&"   "&$stack[0]&"   "&$stack[1]&"   "&$stack[2]&"   "&$stack[3]&"   "&$stack[4]&@CRLF)

$xStart = Round($iX - (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))
;~              ConsoleWrite("Back to "&$xStart&"   with score "&Round( ( Abs( dec($aColor[1]) - Dec(   _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$pCenter[0],$xStart)    ) )/16777215 ) ,3)*100&@CRLF)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>CropValue_Right

Func CropValue_Bottom($hImage, $Color, $DPI, $iX, $yStart = "", $samples = 10, $threashold = 80)
    If $yStart = "" Then $yStart = $iHeight / 2

$similarity = ColorCheckSim($Color, _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage, $iX, $yStart))
    If $similarity[0] < 20 Then
        $iX -= $DPI
        $similarity = ColorCheckSim($Color, _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage, $iX, $yStart))
            $iX += ($DPI * 2)
                Return 0
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Bottom" & @CRLF)
        For $iY = $yStart To $iHeight Step +$DPI / $step
            If $iY = 0 Then $yStart = Round($iX - (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))
            $count = 0
;~          ConsoleWrite("  "&$iX&" "&$similarity&" "&_GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$iX,$iY)&"    "&$Color&@CRLF)

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX - 10 - (2 * $step), $iY, $iX - 70 - (2 * $step), $iY, $hPen)

Next
            $stack[0] = $similarity

;~              ConsoleWrite($iY&"  "&$stack[0]&"   "&$stack[1]&"   "&$stack[2]&"   "&$stack[3]&"   "&$stack[4]&@CRLF)

$yStart = Round($iY - (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))
;~              ConsoleWrite("Back to "&$yStart&"   with score "&Round( ( Abs( dec($aColor[1]) - Dec(   _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$pCenter[0],$yStart)    ) )/16777215 ) ,3)*100&@CRLF)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
    Return ($yStart - ($DPI / $step * 2)) / $DPI
EndFunc   ;==>CropValue_Bottom

Func CropValue_Top($hImage, $Color, $DPI, $iX, $yStart = "", $samples = 10, $threashold = 80)
    If $yStart = "" Then $yStart = $iHeight / 2

$iX -= $DPI
            $iX += ($DPI * 2)
                Return 0
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf

ConsoleWrite("Top" & @CRLF)

For $iY = $yStart To 0 Step -$DPI / $step
            If $iY < $DPI / $step Then $yStart = Round($iY + (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))
            $count = 0

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawLine($hGraphics, $iX - 10 - (2 * $step), $iY, $iX - 70 - (2 * $step), $iY, $hPen)

Next
            $stack[0] = $similarity

;~              ConsoleWrite($iY&"  "&$stack[0]&"   "&$stack[1]&"   "&$stack[2]&"   "&$stack[3]&"   "&$stack[4]&@CRLF)

$yStart = Round($iY + (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))
;~              ConsoleWrite("Back to "&$yStart&"   with score "&Round( ( Abs( dec($aColor[1]) - Dec(   _GDIPlus_BitmapGetPixel($hImage,$pCenter[0],$yStart)    ) )/16777215 ) ,3)*100&@CRLF)
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
    Return ($yStart - ($DPI / $step * 2)) / $DPI
EndFunc   ;==>CropValue_Top

I added several _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphics) lines within the functions.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

am I really that dumb?

Yes I am!

Thankyou very much :D

....I even thought of that, and went through and made sure each one had a _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose. I must have just missed a few (read:lot) of them >_<

If you're not busy, I have another question. With the functions that find the abount to crop on each side, they are all very similar: in fact, the only thing that changes is the direction (adding or subtracting) and the axis (whether it's changing the x or y). I know it should be possible to tell it which side to do and figure out which axis and direction to go, so i could use one function for all 4 directions, but I just can't wrap my mind around it...

Maybe you and your superior brain could give it a try?

ConsoleWrite("Left" & @CRLF)
        For $iX = $xStart To 0 Step -$DPI / $step

If $iX = 0 Then $xStart = Round($iX + (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))
            $count = 0

Next
            $stack[0] = $similarity

;~              ConsoleWrite($iX&"  "&$stack[0]&"   "&$stack[1]&"   "&$stack[2]&"   "&$stack[3]&"   "&$stack[4]&@CRLF)

$xStart = Round($iX + (($DPI / $step) * (UBound($stack) + 1)))
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>CropValue_Left

Added example input and output, so explanations make sense. Also made the question make sense >_<

post-43194-0-96891500-1379711965_thumb.j

post-43194-0-47349800-1379711988_thumb.j

Edited by corgano