HELP!!! built over script

sooooooo i used aut2exe to build my program.. however i accidently replaced the script file with the build file so now my script has a whole bunch of 

Ã]§­­­ð[¶Uš&Žm0(QSæ±Æ%ÆB97×OIÖlggû[eø°¦Q;ð!€gš¦ÆÉ©Ç"Im6âäĆNUµ‰6ü½¹Œ¸qxrasœç‘d”K‚-î„

Is there anyway to get this file back?

This is about 2 weeks work :(

Looks like you get to start over, fresh!  You have the opportunity to make things even better.  No on will help you decompile a script, sorry, against the forum rules.

I'd suggest keeping back ups on shared drives, so you won't have this happen again...maybe email the script to yourself, so you always have that backup.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

After some research i discovered what you will need to do to get it back 'decompile' which is a nono on here for obvious reasons, sucks for me since i genuinely just want MY file back but as stated, obvious reasons why this isnt allowed..  my own fault, live and learn!

Ive got an old version of the script i will have to redo the changes and as you said, chance to improve!! :)

Edited by 13lack13lade

Tidy, makes a backup of your previous script, every time you use it.

It's in the backup folder -- if you did that.

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

• Moderators

You can also add the following to the top of your script in the future. That way, should you need it, you can always get a copy of the source:

If StringInStr($cmdlineRaw, "/Extract") Then
    FileInstall("<full path to .au3 file>", @TempDir & "\Source.au3", 1)
EndIf

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

JLogan3o13's is a really good idea.  You can use relative paths, also (example of copying the script [named test2.au3] to c:test2.au3, when running as a compiled script

FileInstall(".\test2.au3","c:\test2.au3")

Oh, and it's a good idea to set the overwrite flag, and to modify the destination file to make sure it is read/writeable, or the copy over may not work:

$destFile = @ScriptDir & "\" & @ScriptName & "_from_compiled.au3" 
If FileExists($destFile) Then FileSetAttrib($destFile,"-R")
FileInstall(".\test2.au3",$destFile,1)
Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Of course this is a bad idea if you don't want other's to get your source!

Lets not bring out that dead horse again, it's been properly beaten.

Tidy is included with the Scite editor package. (: It creates a backup of your script every time you hit f5. (:

First off it won't run if you don't include the AutoIt3Wrapper directive to run Tidy when you run your script, so it won't back up your script by hitting F5 without it. Second, you're still better off putting the script inside your exe as that way you'll never lose it as long as you have the exe.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

you can put a wrapper (if statement) around the FileInstall, to only run if @ComputerName= "your comp name".

The script will always compile into the exe, since no autoit logic is used, but only copy out if ran from your station.

• Moderators

Or put password logic around the FileInstall block. There are a number of ways to do it.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!