need to do hyperlinks + checkboxes inside ListView

Hello,

i am looking for a way to make a listview with checkboxes and hyperlinks.

i found this example:

#include "GUIListViewSysLink.au3"

$hGUI = GUICreate("ListView with SysLink Control!", 420, 530, -1, -1, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_SIZEBOX))

$hListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Files|Path|Links", 10, 10, 400, 240, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("AutoIT|C:\Program Files\AutoIt3", $hListView1)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Opera|C:\Program Files\Opera", $hListView1)
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Script|C:\MyScripts", $hListView1)

$nSysLinkBkColor = 0xC0C0C0
$nSysLinkStockObject = $LTGRAY_BRUSH

$hListView2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Name|Links", 10, 270, 400, 240, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Some Name", $hListView2)

$hSysLink1  = _GUICtrlListView_SysLinkCreate($hListView1, "AutoIt Script Home Page", "http://autoitscript.com", 0, 2)
_GUICtrlListView_SysLinkSetFont(-1, "Tahoma", 9.5)

$hSysLink2  = _GUICtrlListView_SysLinkCreate($hListView1, "Opera Home Page", "http://opera.com", 1, 2)

$hSysLink3  = _GUICtrlListView_SysLinkCreate($hListView1, "My Scripts Home Page?", "http://creator-lab.ucoz.ru", 2, 2)

$hSysLink1_2  = _GUICtrlListView_SysLinkCreate($hListView2, "Some other Home Page", "http://creator-lab.ucoz.ru", 0, 1)
_GUICtrlListView_SysLinkSetFont(-1, "Arial", 10.5)

GUICtrlSetBkColor($hListView1, $nSysLinkBkColor)
GUICtrlSetBkColor($hListView2, $nSysLinkBkColor)

GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 80)
GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 150)
GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, 120)

GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView2, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 230)
GUICtrlSendMsg($hListView2, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 115)

;Here we add ID to the $hSysLink1
_GUICtrlListView_SysLinkSetLinkInfo($hSysLink1, "http://autoitscript.com", "AutoIt")

;And now we check if it was added :)
$aInfo = _GUICtrlListView_SysLinkGetLinkInfo($hSysLink1)
$sInfo = StringFormat("Info For $hSysLink1:\n\nSysLink State\t\t= %i\nURL\t\t\t= %s\nID\t\t\t= %s\nParent ListView Handle\t= %s", _
    $aInfo[1], $aInfo[2], $aInfo[3], $aInfo[4])

ConsoleWrite($sInfo)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
WEnd

from here:

this example is almost perfect but i also want to add checkboxes.

i tried to add $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES inside the BitOr() in line 32 in the example but it didn't work and no checkboxes was added.

Please help me.

Thanks

• Moderators

gil900,

As its name implies, $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES is an extended style - so you need to put it in the correct place in the parameter list, which is not inside the BitOR for the normal styles. ;)

When I do this the checkboxes appear: :)

$hListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Files|Path|Links", 10, 10, 400, 240, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS), $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES)

$hListView2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Name|Links", 10, 270, 400, 240, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS), $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES)
M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

gil900,

As its name implies, $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES is an extended style - so you need to put it in the correct place in the parameter list, which is not inside the BitOR for the normal styles. ;)

When I do this the checkboxes appear: :)

$hListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Files|Path|Links", 10, 10, 400, 240, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS), $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES)

$hListView2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Name|Links", 10, 270, 400, 240, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS), $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES)
M23

Ok thank you!

It works!

I also add this line:

GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, (0x1000 + 54), 0x20, 0x20)

After the listview line.

It solves a problem I do not know how to explain ..

I learned this from the Array.au3 udf (in _arraydisplay )

• Moderators

gil900,

That line is applying the $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT extended style to the ListView. If you want to have that style as well as $LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES then I suggest you do this:

$hListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Files|Path|Links", 10, 10, 400, 240, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($hListView1, BitOR($LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT))

$hListView2 = GUICtrlCreateListView("Name|Links", 10, 270, 400, 240, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $WS_BORDER, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
_GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($hListView2, BitOR($LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT))
The reason I suggest this is that there are some $WS_EX_* and $LVS_EX_* extended styles that share the same numeric values and if you try to put these $LVS_EX_* extended styles into the GUICtrlCreateListView line they can be misinterpreted and not give the desired results. Using the UDF function actually wraps the GUICtrlSendMsg line you were using - but at least you can understand it a few months later when you re-read the script. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area