private clipboard?

iCode

looking through the forums and example scripts, i have not come across any examples or real clues on this...

i would like to create a "private" clipboard if possible - a clipboard that does not interfere with the standard windows clipboard or normal methods of adding/extracting data from it (^c, ^v)

i know i can backup/restore the contents of the clipboard as a work-a-round, but i want to avoid that

i think the real core of the problem is not so much having an independent clipboard, but how to put and extract data from it without interfering with the windows clipboard - i want to automatically copy content from whatever program i have content selected in and store it, but how can i grab the selection without interfering with the regular clipboard, which ^c would do?

essentially i'm wanting to reproduce xcopy (i think it is) in linux, where text is auto-copied, but without overwriting ^c/^v operations

Edited by iCode

FUNCTIONS: WinDock (dock window to screen edge) | EditCtrl_ToggleLineWrap (line/word wrap for AU3 edit control) | SendEX (yet another alternative to Send( ) ) | Spell Checker (Hunspell wrapper) | SentenceCase (capitalize first letter of sentences)

CODE SNIPPITS: Dynamic tab width (set tab control width according to window width)

depending on the app and if its the same app or just a bunch of different apps, you could try using the AU3Info tool in Scite.

if you r trying to get text from a website, thats easy enough. use the IE functions to get the text off of the page.

but what i would do in your situation is set functions for Ctrl + Shift + c or something and have that get whats in the clipboard, store it in a variable, do a Ctrl + c to copy you text thats selected, copy that clipboard to a variable and then place the old info back into the Clipboard.

i need to integrate the functionality in an existing script, but thanks for the links though

so far it looks like i'm going to be stuck with backing up and restoring the entire clipboard - i know about the UDF's to do that and i have used them before, but i was hoping for a more efficient alternative

FUNCTIONS: WinDock (dock window to screen edge) | EditCtrl_ToggleLineWrap (line/word wrap for AU3 edit control) | SendEX (yet another alternative to Send( ) ) | Spell Checker (Hunspell wrapper) | SentenceCase (capitalize first letter of sentences)

CODE SNIPPITS: Dynamic tab width (set tab control width according to window width)