Play sound from a shoutcast radio server

Praxxley

Hi :)
I would like to be able to stream music without any plugins or the help of other programs.
But it seems like the online radio is compressed in some way. I can save the streamed content to my harddisc as a .mp3 file and then play it but the sound is messed up..
Does anyone know if it is compressed and if yes in which way? Or is it just sending something in between the packages which causes the music to glitch?
I receive the data in binary, convert it to string and then play it.
The ip of the server is 37.58.52.42.

Please help me :) oh and sorry for my english i hope you understand me :ermm:

PS: I dont want so save it to my harddisc i just want to stream it. I only saved it to look at it and see what a media player does with it.

Google is probably a better resource for this question.  From Wikipedia:

Streaming

Streaming technology is used to distribute Internet radio, typically using a lossy audio codec. Streaming audio formats include MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Windows Media Audio, RealAudio, and HE-AAC (or aacPlus).[1] Today, distribution also takes place in uncompressed format (KEXP-Uncompressed, a Seattle-based Internet radio station; http://kexp.org/about/uncompressedstream.asp). Audio data is continuously transmitted serially (streamed) over the local network or internet in TCP or UDP packets, then reassembled at the receiver and played a second or two later. The delay is called lag, and is introduced at several stages of digital audio broadcasting.[2]

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt