pokerlogic.au3 Make Your Own Poker Game

Jfish

Hello all.  I recently saw a post where someone was asking to get an old poker logic script working and it inspired me to dust mine off and get it operational.  I am happy to report I was able to do so (though please tell me if you spot any bugs).  I am sure others could code this more efficiently - some of you regex monsters could probably do it with 1 line :sweating:.  That said, the attached pokerlogic.au3 script will evaluate any five or seven card hand and populate a text variable explaining what you have (i.e. "full house", "pair", etc).  It will also create the points and kicker scores.  With the results you can score hands and create a full game. 

If anyone is curious about how it works it mainly relies on two initial tests - one will count how many numeric value cards there are in a given hand (i.e. without regard to suits).  There can only be 13 possibilities (2 - Ace).  It parses the strings representing the cards i.e. "AH" would be ace of hearts and it knows that should be in the last position of a zero-based array (which would be 12 because there are 13 cards in a suit).  That array can evaluate everything except flushes so there is another function that creates a count of the suits in a given hand.  Five of any one suit is obviously a flush.  If that is true then there are additional tests for a royal or straight flush.

Points: The points for each level are hard coded so that a stronger hand wins.  The numeric values are a bit random.  For example, I have a royal flush 1,000,000 points while a straight flush gets 250,000.  The kickers all work pretty consistently.  There can be between 0-4 kickers in a hand.  They should all be the value of the card in card count array multiplied by a decimal place of .01.  Therefore, a 12 becomes a .12.  The .01 is *= against itself so the values of additional kickers are all next to each other after the decimal place.  For example, A and K kickers would be .1211 because the ace is 12 and the king is 11.  On that note, kickers starting at 10 are the value of their card (i.e. 10) less 2 so 10 would be .08.  Why?  Because Ace=12, King=11, Queen=10, and Jack=9.  Therefore, by the time you get to a card with an actual numeric value it is always that value less 2.  What about 2 you say?  2 is equal to 0.  You will always lose if that is your only kicker against any other hand unless you tie (because they also have a 2).

I have also included pokerlogictester.au3.   That file has a full battery of tests with arrays containing pre-made hands of every type.  It can also generate and test any number of random hands.  The results of the tests will show up in the console and be written to a local text file with section headers so you can QA the output.  The first two tests examine one of each type of hand with five and seven cards respectively are not commented out - they will run if you run the script.  Just un-comment the others to run them as well.  

simple_poker_example.au3 shows how to manually test a single hand with just one line "_evaluatehand($hand)"

Please let me know your thoughts and enjoy.

JFish

pokerlogic.au3

pokerlogictester.au3

simple_poker_example.au3

Edited by Jfish
changed title of post

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Oh, I for one, cannot wait to try this out...towards the end of my shift and I find this - can I work overtime?

Have you done any testing on how fast it will give results?

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

@nitekram - thanks for your interest.  I have not clocked the speed but would be interested if someone wants to do that and post the results

EDIT: I created a test script (not sure if it is the best way to measure it - feel free to offer suggestions):

#include<pokerlogic.au3>
global $hand = ["5C","KC","QC","JC","10C"]; this is a test array for this function
for $a=0 to 9
Local $hTimer = TimerInit() ;
_evaluatehand($hand)
Local $fDiff = TimerDiff($hTimer) ; Find the difference in time from the previous call of TimerInit. The variable we stored the TimerInit handlem is passed as the "handle" to TimerDiff.
ConsoleWrite(@crlf&"Time Difference: "& $fDiff&@crlf)
next

It resulted in the following times:

Time Difference: 0.652425870779196

Time Difference: 0.508520631963045

Time Difference: 0.618043886938728

Time Difference: 0.93801815590566

Time Difference: 0.503529698824913

Time Difference: 0.500756958192617

Time Difference: 0.492993284422189

Time Difference: 0.493547832548648

Time Difference: 0.679321454912465

Time Difference: 0.495211476928025

Edited by Jfish
Created test and posted results

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

• 1 year later...
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 7:58 AM, ALB said:

HI all , im a little confused ... is there a gui that works with this pokerlogic?

Regards ALB

There is a Dice and Card Games Assistant however.  Maybe some enterprising young scripter could make them work together?

Edited by jaberwacky

• 3 years later...

Hi !

First of all, thank you Jfish for these lines :)

I'm new to this software and I don't understand why filling the array with parameters isn't working. Am I doing anything wrong here ?

#include<pokerlogic2.au3>
#include<Array.au3>

GLOBAL $hand

Global $CARD1 = "QC"
Global $CARD2 = "AD"
Global $FLOP1 = "QD"
Global $FLOP2 = "QS"
Global $FLOP3 = "AH"
Global $TURN = "QH"
Global $RIVER = ""

global $hand = [$CARD1, $CARD2, $FLOP1, $FLOP2, $FLOP3, $TURN, $RIVER];
;~ global $hand = ["QC","AD","QD","AH","QH", ""]; this is a test array for this function

;~ _ArrayDisplay($hand)

_evaluatehand($hand)
MsgBox("","","This is the test hand: " & $hand[0]&" "&$hand[1]&" "&$hand[2]&" "&$hand[3]&" "&$hand[4] &@crlf & _
$text &@crlf & _
"points: "&$points&@crlf)

I am getting the following error message :

\pokerlogic2.au3" (187) : ==> Variable subscript badly formatted.:
if ($newhand[$startPos4] == 1) then
if ($newhand[^ ERROR

It is interesting to notice that we get a result with 

Global $CARD1 = "6C"
Global $CARD2 = "AD"
Global $FLOP1 = "QD"
Global $FLOP2 = "QS"
Global $FLOP3 = "AH"
Global $TURN = "QH"
Global $RIVER = ""

Also, these combination don't work for me :

global $hand = ["2H","3H","4H","KH","5H","10D","10S"]

Thanks for your time.

Xxob

pokerlogic.au3

Edited by Xxobster

"Hands must be 5 or 7 cards", you are passing an array of 7 elements but one is empty (try to fill also the seventh element with an allowed card and it will work)

sorry, I have not read correctly that you want to know why passing those other 6 elements + one empty element it works instead....

Edited by Chimp

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

• 2 years later...