help with treeview32 controls

det54

Hi,

I'm kind of new to AutoIt, and have been trying to see if I can make it work or if I'll need to purchase something like WinTask.  I need to control some things in SolidWorks, and there is an API that helps me to do much of what I require.  However, some very important output functions are not available, so I must manually generate cut plots and animations of results.  My current control code is written in VBA (Excel 2010), and I am using Win7 x64.  In the past, I had some good success with WinTask, and it was able to interact with TreeView32 items in SolidWorks.  While looking through some code examples and the help file for AutoIt3, I was hoping I could do similar things using AutoItX from VBA, so that I have my code in the same place and don't have to call external applications/scripts.

I found and modified some VBA code that searches for running windows and grabs their handles, but I can not seem to make the handles that get returned work for me at all.  For example, if I use the following code:

sText = AutoIt.ControlTreeView("SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition", "", "TreeView326", "GetText", "", "")

a treeview32 item gets returned (not the correct one, but it's a start).  However, if I replace "TreeView326" with the actual handle:

sText = AutoIt.ControlTreeView("SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition", "", "000000000011073C", "GetText", "", "")

nothing happens, and sText = 0.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  The actual code I was trying out is included at the bottom.  The returned values from this code are:

hWin = 000000000043093C
hSTV1 = 000000000011073C
hSelection = 0
hNode = 0
Debug: sText = 0

I can't remember how I got it to work before, but at one point it was returning sText = Pit4000, which is not what I was looking for, but it is actually listed in one of the treeview32 items.
Sub Test()

Dim hWin As String
    Dim hSTV1 As String
    Dim hNode As String
    Dim AutoIt As New AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3
    Set AutoIt = New AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3

If Not IsObject(AutoIt) Then
        MsgBox ("not created")
    End If

Debug.Print AutoIt.WinExists("SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition")
    If AutoIt.WinExists("SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition") = 0 Then
        Debug.Print "SolidWorks not running..."
    Else
        hWin = AutoIt.WinGetHandle("SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition")
    End If

Debug.Print "hWin = " & hWin
AutoIt.WinActivate "SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition"
'AutoIt.ControlSend "SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition", "", "swMenu", "!o"
'AutoIt.WinWaitActive (hWin)

hSTV1 = AutoIt.ControlGetHandle("SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition", "swCaption", "SysTreeView326")
Debug.Print "hSTV1 = " & hSTV1

' Read current SysTreeView321 selected text to console
hNode = ""
While AutoIt.WinExists("SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition")
    hSelection = AutoIt.ControlTreeView("SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition", "", "TreeView326", "GetSelection", "", "")
    Debug.Print "hSelection = " & hSelection
    If hSelection <> hNode Then
        hNode = hSelection
        Debug.Print "hNode = " & hNode
        sText = AutoIt.ControlTreeView("SolidWorks Premium 2013 x64 Edition", "", "TreeView326", "GetText", "", "")
        Debug.Print ("Debug: sText = " & sText & vbCr)
    End If
    AutoIt.Sleep (100)
Wend

End Sub

I know this code is a hack job, but I am just trying to quickly figure out if I can use AutoIt3.  Like I said previously, WinTask was able to correctly navigate and use these tree items.  What I need to do is select an item in the tree and send it a right-click to open a dialog.

Here's a listing from the Window Info Tool:

Class SysTreeView32

Instance 6

ClassnameNN SysTreeView326

Name

Advanced Mode [CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:6]

ID 1234

Text

Position -2,328

Size 417,465

ControlClick Coords 231,237

Style 0x5020000B

ExStyle 0x00000000

Handle 0x000000000011073C

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by det54

• Moderators

det54,

It would appear that you already have an account here. We do not permit multiple accounts, but i would be happy to merge the 2 if you can confirm that they are indeed both yours. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

M23,

Yes, that was me.  I created this account when I was unable to recover the first one - sorry, I did not mean to break the rules.  Please merge them into this one if you don't mind.  I'm still hoping someone can give me some help with this.

Thanks,

Dan

• Moderators

det54,

Accounts merged. :)

I am afraid that I cannot help with the problem, but at least you have had a free bump! ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks! 

I've been struggling with this all morning with no luck.  I can see that the controls are in the SysTreeView32 class, but I can't get ControlTreeView to work with it at all.  WinTask works beautifully, but I was trying to avoid that software since all of my code for this project is written in VBA (Excel) and I'd rather not have to call an external script.  Either WinTask has more power under the hood, or I'm just doing something fundamentally wrong with AutoItX.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys. Are y'all using the AutoItX3_x64.dll running your automation in 64bit?

If so this is exactly what I have been experiencing unfortunately.

I created the following bug but nothing seems to have happened with it yet:

http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/2694

I am currently just trying to figure out if when AutoIt says it can run x64 if it is saying it can only manipulate x64 applications with AutoItX3_x64.dll or if it means what I thought it meant, that you can just run your automation in 64bit regardless of the ui tool's bitness being automated.

Thanks!