problem copying files in Windows 8

aleph01

Greetings.  I have a file on 12 Windows 8 systems that has a tendency to become corrupted.  I have put a clean copy in the root of C: thinking I could just copy it to the correct path whenever needed, and I wrote a script to do just that.  However, the file doesn't copy.  I'm hoping someone can find a glaring deficiency in my code.  I'm using Autoit version 3.3.8.1. 

$source = "C:\lptclient.properties"
$dest = "C:\Program Files (x86)\EnvisionWare\lptone\lptclient\config\lptclient.properties"
FileCopy ($source, $dest, 1)

This script is actually running from a script I run locally that uses psexec to open a remote command prompt, kill the LPT:One service, run the above script, and restart the service.  The service stops and starts, but the file doesn't copy.  I know there must be better ways to do this, but I have issues dealing with services in Autoit.

Thanks

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

• Moderators

For a local script, I would say use #RequireAdmin. But if you're doing it through psexec, what account are you using?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I believe I'm using an administrator account.  The code I use to pull up a remote command prompt is here:

$remoteName = InputBox ("Computer Name", "Enter the remote computer name to manage through a command prompt window on your desktop.")
$remoteName = "\\" & $remoteName
If $remoteName = "\\" Then Exit
;Run ("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe")
ShellExecute ("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe", "/admin")
WinWait ("Administrator:")
Send ("psexec " & $remoteName & " cmd{ENTER}")
Exit

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(