Sign in to follow this  

Compiling Problem

Since installing the latest version (, December 30th, 2013) of AutoIt, I am getting the following error when I try to compile a script.

Error: EndUpdateResource: Returncode = 0 - LastError:0:The operation completed successfully.

This is very similar to >this issue I had a couple of years back.  Unfortunately, the cause does not seem to be the same.

Previously, I was housing the source on a network drive, and found that there was a latency issue on that server that was causing the problem.  Since repairing that server, I have not had this problem again until I installed the latest version.

To be sure it was not a similar issue, I have moved the source folder to my local drive (an OCZ-Vertex4 SSD drive that should have no latency problems at all), but it has made no difference.

Everything runs perfectly (from network or from local) if I run the script from within SCITE.

Wrapper directives are as follows

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Cleanup script for workstations
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

-- Edit --

PC is running 64bit Windows 7 Enterprise N SP1 (fully patched), with Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 (up to date)

Lenovo ThinkCentre M91 with 8Gig RAM

-- Edit 2 --

Note sure why 3 lines in the code above are being replaced by jibberish, but they should be

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Company|Company Name
Edited by willichan

I downloaded it, but apparently neglected to actually install it.
Everything compiles fine now.
<executing self face palm>
Thanks Jos.