Whats the best way to store graph data for a redraw?

Hi Guys

In my last thread I asked at the end how/where should I store the previous graph data so when the X or Y adjusts I can redraw the full graphed data, I had no replies so thought I would ask in a fresh thread.

Currently I just keep adding to an array but as it grows the tool slows down, is there a better way. I've seen other software graphs that just grow and grow, what's best for Autoit?

PS, this is the thread '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> in short, using GraphGDIPlus.au3 as the graph goes past the set X or Y the X or Y change by growing, problem was that if it grew the graph redraw drew a flat line before carrying on, so I added all values to an array but this slows it down.

This code comes from the helpfile and is quite usable with an array - even a big one

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My Draw", 300, 150)

$a = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(20, 20, 200, 100)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xffffff)
    GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_HINT, 2)

GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_MOVE, 10, 80)
    GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_LINE, 40, 50)
    GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_LINE, 70, 60)
    GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_LINE, 100, 30)
    GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_LINE, 130, 40)
    GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1, $GUI_GR_LINE, 160, 30)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit
    Wend

Thanks for the reply but I don't see how this can help me in my situation, I take it you have looked at the other thread?

I am drawing a graph (not graphic) the graph changes after each data entry, problem arises when the graph X or Y has to be extended, I store the old data points in an array but this slows down eventually, I am asking for the best way to redraw the graph if the graph needs extending to avoid the flat line appearing after the redraw.