Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobsyuruncle

Date and time GUI bug?

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hey guys... not a vital issue or anything, but I've setup the format of date and time in a user input field (code included below), but the output is off on the second field and I can't figure where it's getting it from.... the code displayed is the only place in the program that modifies these fields:

$StartDate = GUICtrlCreateDate(@Year&"/"&@MON&"/"&@MDAY&" "&@HOUR&":00", 8, 112, 138, 21)
    ; to select a specific default format
    $DTM_SETFORMAT_ = 0x1032 ; $DTM_SETFORMATW
    $style = "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm"
    GUICtrlSendMsg($StartDate, $DTM_SETFORMAT_, 0, $style)
$EndDate = GUICtrlCreateDate(@Year&"/"&@MON&"/"&@MDAY+1&" "&@HOUR&":00", 8, 152, 138, 21)
    $DTM_SETFORMAT_ = 0x1032 ; $DTM_SETFORMATW
    $style = "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm"
    GUICtrlSendMsg($EndDate, $DTM_SETFORMAT_, 0, $style)

The outputs are:
Startdate: 2014/04/04 17:00
(good so far)
EndDate: 2014/04/05 07:25
(Where did 07:25 come from? FYI 25 is the current Minute time of the test, but the 07Hour is not. Current hour is 17:00)
Both fields have almost exactly the same code and syntax with endDate being incrimented by 1.

Nowhere else in my script am I making any modifications to either field, just read.

Thanks for your help

Edited by bobsyuruncle

bobsyuruncle,

No idea what is happening, but I would not recommend setting the end date the way you are doing it - what happens on the last day of the month? ;)

Much better to use the correct function to increment the date - which also removes the problem you are seeing when I run the following:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <Date.au3>

$sStyle = "yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm"

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 500, 500)

$sDate = @YEAR & "/" & @MON & "/" & @MDAY & " " & @HOUR & ":00"
$StartDate = GUICtrlCreateDate($sDate, 10, 110, 140, 20)
GUICtrlSendMsg($StartDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, $sStyle)

$sDate = _DateAdd("D", 1, $sDate) ; Increment by 1 day <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
$EndDate = GUICtrlCreateDate($sDate, 10, 150, 140, 20)
GUICtrlSendMsg($EndDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, $sStyle)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Does it work for you too? :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thank you.

This worked and was cleaner than what I was trying.

Assume that @MDAY+1 messes up the format as @MON is a 2 character string and the outcome of @MDAY+1 is in this case a 1 digit number converted back to a 1 character string.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• XaelloNegative
      By XaelloNegative
      Hi,
      I made a small blunder with my code. I created the GUI under 1920x1080 resolution however, my user is configured to ONLY 1080x720 and cannot go any further than that.
      What do you guys think is the best way to correct this one? Resolution mathematics is something that came to mind however I do not have access to his PC to check  from time to time if  my estimation is correct and the resolution on my PC doesn't go down to 1080x720.
      Please help.
      ~XN~
    • ur
      By ur
      I have date in the string format as "DD-MM-YYYY".

I need to get yesterday's date from it.
      I tried converting this from _DateTimeFormat but not working.
      Is there any direct UDF available to get this.?
    • davidacrozier
      By davidacrozier
      Hello all ~
      I am running an autoit script on Windows 10 inside VMware Workstation 12 Pro version 12.5.2.  Technically I am remoting into ESXi which has a Domain Controller (DC), WebServer, FilServer, Windows 10, etc.  Using the GUI (i.e. running explorer.exe) I am able to open several different folders successfully.  The desktop, documents, USB external all open without issue.  The network share opening gives me issues.  Whenever I attempt to open \\filserver\users\user\sharedfolder I get the documents folder instead.  I understand that the documents folder is the default for explorer.  I have also attempted to use the letter drive mapped to the network share (Z:) and receive the same result.  When I run this script on Windows 10 alone without  the VM or the ESXi I am able to open the network share without problems.  I have tried to use the net use command to designate a letter M: to the network share folder prior to running the script.  This did not work for me.  
      One additional avenue I think might work is to use the systreeview321 and _GUICtrlTreeView_FindItem to step through the tree looking for the network share.  Once found,  double click on it and see if that opens the shared network folder.  I can click inside the VM with my mouse on the network share and it opens just fine.  Not sure if running up against GUI issues, or permission issues, or what?
      Thanks in advance,
      Davida Crozier
      TestNetworkShare.au3
      This script is a subset of a much larger program, but it illustrates what I am dealing with.

• superflq
      By superflq
      Hi everyone,
      GUICtrlSetState Function example ,i found $GUI_DROPACCEPTED isn't working in windows10 x64(windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64).
      if the example put to windows10 x86 or windows xp, the $GUI_DROPACCEPTED is effective,
      the AutoIt Edition is v3.3.14.2.
      any ideas? thanks you.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() ; Create a GUI with various controls. Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 420, 200, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) ; Create a label and set the state as drop accepted. Local $idLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Drop a file on this label.", 10, 10, 400, 40, $WS_BORDER) GUICtrlSetState($idLabel, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED) ; Create an input and set the state as drop accepted. Local $idInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 60, 400, 22) GUICtrlSetState($idInput, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED) Local $idOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 310, 170, 85, 25) ; Display the GUI. GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $idOK ExitLoop Case $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED ; If the value of @GUI_DropId is $idLabel, then set the label of the dragged file. If @GUI_DropId = $idLabel Then GUICtrlSetData($idLabel, @GUI_DragFile) EndSwitch WEnd ; Delete the previous GUI and all controls. GUIDelete($hGUI) EndFunc ;==>Example  
    • ur
      By ur
      In some systems the date is displayed in the Taskbar as
      10-01-2018
      And in some systems it is like, 1/10/2018
      And in some it is, 10-Jan-2018
      And in different formats.

I wrote my code to convert 1/10/2018 to 10-01-2018
      Func TodaysDate() $NewDate = _DateTimeFormat(_NowCalcDate(),1) $Array = StringSplit( $NewDate , ',' ) _ArrayDelete($Array, 0) _ArrayDelete($Array, 0) $Array1 = StringSplit($Array[0],' ') RemoveEmptyArrayLines($Array1) ;Will return the present day's date with format dd-mmm-yyyy ;$Date = StringStripWS($Array1[2]&"-"&StringLeft($Array1[1], 3)&"-"&$Array[1], $STR_STRIPALL) $Date = StringStripWS($Array1[2]&"-"&changeDateformat(StringLeft($Array1[1], 3))&"-"&$Array[1], $STR_STRIPALL) return $Date EndFunc Func RemoveEmptyArrayLines(ByRef $arrLines) $intCount = 1 While $intCount < UBound($arrLines) $arrLines[$intCount] = StringStripWS($arrLines[$intCount],$STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING) If StringLen($arrLines[$intCount])=0 Then _ArrayDelete($arrLines, $intCount) $intCount = $intCount - 1 EndIf $intCount = $intCount + 1 WEnd EndFunc ;To convert mmm to mm format Func changeDateformat($sText) Local $sMsg = StringStripWS($sText, $STR_STRIPALL) Switch $sMsg Case "Jan" $sMsg = "01" Case "Feb" $sMsg = "02" Case "Mar" $sMsg = "03" Case "Apr" $sMsg = "04" Case "May" $sMsg = "05" Case "Jun" $sMsg = "06" Case "Jul" $sMsg = "07" Case "Aug" $sMsg = "08" Case "Sep" $sMsg = "09" Case "Oct" $sMsg = "10" Case "Nov" $sMsg = "11" Case "Dec" $sMsg = "12" EndSwitch return $sMsg EndFunc But again it will work on machines only with 1/10/2018.
      Is there any direct function which will give only in the format 10-01-2018, whatever the system settings is.?
      I tried all the arguments for _DateTimeFormat, but showing machine dependent settings only.
      Google given these two links in AutoIT but these are also for specific formats only,like mine.

Please suggest.