Any work around for finding "Variable used without being declared" other than declaring all variables?

22 hours ago, Jos said:

Talking about errors: This will also  give an error when you Compile.... right?

Jos

Actually, Jos, no it doesn't.

Thanks, BrewManNH, nice novice prompt in the right direction.

The most powerful number in the Universe.  Zero.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers
Just now, fopetesl said:

Actually, Jos, no it doesn't.

It does for me assuming you run the Full SciTE4AutoIt3, which runs AutoIt3Wrapper. 
So show me the total SciTE outputpane information when running the script please.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers
3 minutes ago, Jos said:

So show me the total SciTE outputpane information when running the script please.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I feel like I'm back in Primary school.

The "outputpane" is immediately under the script? All it says is

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\S3_GUI\HauterS3 with_Tabs1.au3"    
>Exit code: 4294967295    Time: 13.11

• Developers

That shows you are running the light version, not the full SciTE4Autoit3 installer one. See my signature for details where to find that.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

OK. Got there.

But. Is AutoStripper actually working?

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /Prod /AU3check /in "C:\S3_GUI\ncat\sAte.au3"
+>08:34:37 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.17.224.935.0 SciTE v.3.7.3.0   Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\S3_GUI\ncat\sAte.au3
+>08:34:37 AU3Check ended.rc:0
+>08:34:37 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.548

• Developers
2 minutes ago, fopetesl said:

But. Is AutoStripper actually working?

It is not ran or else it would have shown up in the output.

You do have this in the script?:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have now, Jos.

I also now have three files:

23/08/2017  09:12           146,915 sAte_stripped.au3
23/08/2017  09:12           918,016 sAte.exe
23/08/2017  09:12               916 sAte.au3

The exe file is still same size as before compiling with SciTE4Autoit3 . This is usual? I've searched for information on 'stripping' but help seems scarce, note my missing "=y"

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /ShowGui /prod /in "C:\S3_GUI\ncat\sAte.au3"
+>09:45:25 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.17.224.935.0 SciTE v.3.7.3.0   Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
-> No changes made..
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\S3_GUI\ncat\sAte.au3
+>09:45:29 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running Au3Stripper (17.224.935.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Au3Stripper cmdline:
+> 0 Au3Stripper v17.224.935.0 finished merging 6047 lines of code, stripped 2968 comment lines and Merged 116 Continuation lines.
+>        Created:C:\S3_GUI\ncat\sAte_stripped.au3 with 2963 lines.
+>09:45:29 Au3Stripper ended.rc:0
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  params:-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\S3_GUI\ncat\sAte_stripped.au3
+>09:45:29 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\S3_GUI\ncat\sAte_stripped.au3" /out "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU1D46.tmp.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>09:45:30 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU1D46.tmp.exe. rc:0
+>09:45:30 Created program:C:\S3_GUI\ncat\sAte.exe
+>09:45:31 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 5.879

Edited by fopetesl
added compile output

• Developers
1 hour ago, fopetesl said:

The exe file is still same size as before compiling with SciTE4Autoit3 . This is usual?

Should be smaller as it stripped nearly 300 comment lines, but I guess you have the MergeOnly parameter specified in the Au3Stripper options?

The SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile (found under help in SciTE)  should tell you most of the information needed for AU3Stripper.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just remove the /MO or /MergeOnly  option from the #Au3Stripper_Parameters=  line and you should be in business.
Actually, thinking about it, you are right and with the Mergeonly active the result EXE will be the same size as aut2exe also strips the comments by default.

Jos 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

What did you think it would reduce to?  

Just tested a compile with one short line of code and the EXE is 872Kb with v3.3.14.2

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Don't know what I actually expected. I had it in mind I'd see the same size for a large'ish compiled C code file usually on a par, e.g. code = 60KB, exe = 60KB.  .au3 code = 27KB, .au3 stripped = 61KB, exe = 863KB.  Just seems a large exe even when 'optimised'.

Thanks for your input. Some things get clearer day by day.

• Developers

The thing is that a "compiled" script actual is the script source packed together with the AutoIt3 stub and it remains an interpreter setup.
There is no real compiler as yet.

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

9 minutes ago, fopetesl said:

how to make the end code secure

@fopetesl: If you're worried about that (and your scripts should run only in authorised environments), see CodeCrypter in my Sig. Regarding undeclared globals, my CodeScanner (also in CodeCrypter bundle) can collect this information (for easy pasting).

Nice one, @RTFC. Keep me thinking for a few days :) So the resultant exe file before enCryption is easily reverse engineered?  Not interested in doing same myself but there are some really clever people out there who just might.  Thanks for the links.