RTFC

Second Desktop - secure workspace with kiosk option

JiBe

Very good job!!

ViciousXUSMC

I tried it out, it seems to work as designed but for it to be a real and true kiosk I would need to impliment icons/shortcuts to the desktop.

I think the best way would be to have a folder call "Kiosk" or similar at the Script Dir and have it copy any contents found in that folder to the "Kiosk Desktop" Simply having a browser open would not work, because if they close it they have no way to open it again without a start bar or task bar. 

RTFC

@jeanphile: Thanks!^_^

@ViciousXUSMC: Thanks for trying it out. It's funny you should mention that, I'm just exploring support for a separate set of alternative desktop shortcuts (but shortcuts for "all users" are still being added to the ones I've selected:blink:).

However, kiosk mode as I understand it (and would want it to work) is to prevent the user from starting any programme, and merely interact with whatever is already running, perhaps with an added fail-safe to restart any app that is inadvertently (or intentionally) closed. Your browser/file manager idea could work if you would monitor it to restart automatically when closed.

ViciousXUSMC

Yes, you could do a loop that re-opens a process if closed. 

It's not very traditional but it would work.

Normally I have a few shortcuts to the main sites the Kiosk user needs to get too since the average user may not be very familiar with using bookmarks in the browser, also we may have some documents say word documents or pdf forms for the user to be able to fill out and print.

You will have to share with me your findings in how to add the shortcuts, I can see what I need to do from there.

RTFC

Well, I just got it to work (custom shortcuts without CommonDesktop shortcuts), but I'm still tinkering with various related bits, so it may be a few days before the next release. But your comments and interest are appreciated!:)

Edited by RTFC

coffeeturtle

Great work! Thanks for sharing!  Just a thought...Perhaps instead of using if not fileexists ("desktopSwitch.exe") to verify if the script is already compiled at runtime, you might want to use instead @Compiled:

@CompiledReturns 1 if script is a compiled executable or an .a3x file; returns 0 if an .au3 file.

RTFC

@coffeeturtle: Thanks a lot!:)

Regarding your macro suggestion, I don' think that would work the way you think it would, as @compiled checks whether the current script is running as exe, and I'm checking from secondDesktop.au3/exe whether desktopSwitch is available as exe, not secondDesktop itself (which does not have to be compiled). I could have desktopSwitch check itself, but by then the second desktop would already be created, and the check was implemented as an early-out as soon as possible. But if I misunderstood your suggestion, feel free to elaborate.

• Like 1

JohnOne

If DesktopSwitch should always be compiled in order for your application/utility/tool to work correctly you could test if it from SecondDesktop early on,

I mean if it absolutely has to be compiled and not just have the extension .exe.

Perhaps DesktopSwitch should test for the existence of particular command line switch, and if present exit with 1 if @Compiled or 0 if not.

SecondDesktop first runs DesktopSwitch first with the switch, and exits with a warning if it is not compiled.

If you get my rabid gibberish.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

RTFC

Hi JohnOne, not gibberish at all, it makes perfect sense to me. I'd never even considered that someone would be foolish enough to just rename an .au3 to an .exe. You solution is certainly interesting, and would be easy to implement. Thanks.:)

JohnOne

I'd never even considered that someone would be foolish enough to just rename an .au3 to an .exe.

Never under estimate how foolish some people can be :)

I made some software for a friend, it included 4 exe files, all prefixed with "john" so he knew what they were, he had me take a look because they stopped working, he's replaced "john" with "matty" his own name.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

coffeeturtle

My mistake, sorry. I totally see what you mean now. :)

@coffeeturtle: Thanks a lot!:)

Regarding your macro suggestion, I don' think that would work the way you think it would, as @compiled checks whether the current script is running as exe, and I'm checking from secondDesktop.au3/exe whether desktopSwitch is available as exe, not secondDesktop itself (which does not have to be compiled). I could have desktopSwitch check itself, but by then the second desktop would already be created, and the check was implemented as an early-out as soon as possible. But if I misunderstood your suggestion, feel free to elaborate.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• KaFu
      By KaFu
      ICU - Icon Configuration Utility

Current Version: v6 (2018-Sep-16)
      Restore your desktop when the icons get "rearranged".
      Melba23 and I found we were working on very similar ideas to restore the Desktop icons to their normal place if they became "rearranged" (
      ). Vista seems to like this doing on occasion just for fun - but we all know some apps and games which change the display resolution or move icons around. This annoys "tidy" people who like their desktops arranged "just so" - I am particularly thinking of this desktop when I say that!
      We combined efforts and here is the result of our labors.
      Operation is easy - press "Save" to store a particular configuration and "Restore" to reset the icons to the saved positions in the selected configuration file. "Delete" allows you to remove unwanted configuration files from the list. There is a command line option so that the restoration can be run via HotKeys if required (that is why the script warns that it should be compiled for full functionality). You can decide what to do with any icons that have been added since you last saved the configuration file - the default is to put them in the top-left corner, but you can also banish them way off-screen or, more sensibly, specify a location for them.
      A new feature as of ICU v3.4 is the optional Desktop Contextmenu Integration (DCI) for Win7 (Win7 only because Microsoft implemented an easy way to do this through the registry as of this release).
      Version 3.3 should fix the empty save file bug
      Version 3.4 Win7: Admin rights no longer needed for DCI
      Version 5.0 Win8 compatibility for DCI
      The source and executable can be downloaded from my site: http://www.funk.eu
      Kudos to Ascend4nt, Melba23, Prog@ndy, & Valik for parts of the code.
      Please let me know if you found some piece of code in the source for which I forgot to mention a credit.
      Enjoy, let me know what you think of ICU and with Best Regards
    • SuleymanTopaloglu
      By SuleymanTopaloglu
      Hello i am new here and this is my first thread
      in this script i used some code snippets from forum.
      I do not remember who these belonged to.
      Disabled
      ALT+F4
      ALT+TAB
      TASK MANAGER
      LOCKING WINDOWS
      deleted items from ctrl+alt+delete screen
      (Lock Computer,Switch User,Sign Out,Chance a password,Task Manager)

CTRL+ALT+DELETE (how ?)
      firstly we are disabled locking computer
      RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System', 'DisableLockWorkstation',"REG_DWORD",0x00000001) and then ctrl+alt+delete pressed IsDesktopLocked() triggered.
      we are calling  
      Run("rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation") command with checking if $blockctrlaltdel = 1 statements. 
      then it return us to kiosk screen, because we are disabled locking computer. 

Func IsDesktopLocked() Local $hDesktop Local $iRet Local $iRC Local $sMsg Local Const $DESKTOP_SWITCHDESKTOP = 0x100 $hDesktop = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "OpenDesktop", "str", "Default", "int", 0, "int", 0, "int", $DESKTOP_SWITCHDESKTOP) $iRet = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "SwitchDesktop", "int", $hDesktop[0]) If IsArray($iRet) Then If $iRet[0] = 0 Then if $blockctrlaltdel = 1 Then Run("rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation") EndIf $iRC = 1 ElseIf $iRet[0] = 1 Then $iRC = 0 EndIf Else EndIf DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "CloseDesktop", "int", $hDesktop[0]);<-- handle returned by "OpenDesktop" ;$iRet = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "CloseDesktop", "int", $iRet[0]) Return ($iRC) EndFunc ;==>IsDesktopLocked maybe this blocked to lock computer when rdp session closed. i havent tried and This script needed to Google chrome and "WinLockDll.dll" to work. 
      FULL SCRIPT

#include <WinAPI.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> Opt('GUIOnEventMode', 1) Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0) HotKeySet("{ESCAPE}","_EXIT") ;~ $sFilePath = "D:\kiosk\" local $Form1,$blockctrlaltdel Global Const $VK_F4 = 0x73 Global $winlockdll = DllOpen(@ScriptDir&"\WinLockDll.dll") kullanimkapat() #region ; WinEventHook Global Const $EVENT_OPEN_DESKTOP_CHANGED = 0x0020 $h_DLL_User32 = DllOpen("User32.dll") $h_WinEventHook_Proc = DllCallbackRegister("_WinEventHook_Proc", "none", "hwnd;int;hwnd;long;long;int;int") If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Error DllCallbackRegister(_WinEventHook_Proc) did not succeed. FFH will exit now.") Exit EndIf $h_Hook = _WinEventHook_Set(0x0020, 0x0020, $h_DLL_User32) If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Error _WinEventHook_Set() did not succeed. FFH will exit now.") Exit EndIf OnAutoItExitRegister("_WinEventHook_UnSet") #endregion ; WinEventHook Global $winlockdll = DllOpen(@ScriptDir&"\WinLockDll.dll") Func kullanimkapat() $blockctrlaltdel = 1 Global $hHookProc = DllCallbackRegister("_KeyboardProc", "long", "int;wparam;lparam") Global $hHookKeyboard = _WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx($WH_KEYBOARD_LL, DllCallbackGetPtr($hHookProc), _WinAPI_GetModuleHandle(0), 0) Global $hSysTray_Handle = DllCall("user32.dll", "HWND", "FindWindow", "str", "Shell_TrayWnd", "str", "") _WinAPI_ShellChangeNotify($SHCNE_ASSOCCHANGED, 0, 0, 0) _SendMessage($hSysTray_Handle[0], 0x5B4, 0, 0) DllCall($winlockdll, "Int", "Keys_Enable_Disable ", "Int", "1") DllCall($winlockdll, "Int", "TaskManager_Enable_Disable", "Int", "0") DllCall($winlockdll, "Int", "TaskSwitching_Enable_Disable", "Int", "0") DllCall($winlockdll, "Int", "Keys_Enable_Disable", "Int", "1") RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System', 'DisableChangePassword',"REG_DWORD",0x00000001) RegWrite('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System', 'HideFastUserSwitching', "REG_DWORD",0x00000001) RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer', 'NoLogoff',"REG_DWORD",0x00000001) RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer', 'NoClose',"REG_DWORD",0x00000001) RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System', 'DisableTaskMgr',"REG_DWORD",0x00000001) RegWrite('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System', 'DisableLockWorkstation',"REG_DWORD",0x00000001) FileDelete ( @LocalAppDataDir&"\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences" ) ;~ Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath,BitOR(8,2)) ;~ FileWrite($hFileOpen,'<!DOCTYPE html><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30"><html><head><script type="text/javascript">function disableselect(e){return!1}function reEnable(){return!0}document.onselectstart=new Function("return false"),document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false"),window.sidebar&&(document.onmousedown=disableselect,document.onclick=reEnable);</script><style>#masano{top:50%;left:50%;width:250px;height:250px;margin-top:-125px;margin-left:-125px;border:1px solid red;background-color:red;position:fixed;font:normal 200px Calibri;line-height:250px;text-align:center;color:white}</style><title>*</title></head><body><div id="masano">'&@ComputerName&'</div></body></html>"') ;~ FileClose($hFileOpen);kiosk html writed Run("taskkill /im chrome.exe /f /t") Sleep(3000) ;~ Run(@HomeDrive&"\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --kiosk "&$sFilePath) Run(@HomeDrive&"\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --kiosk https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/graphics/autoit_10_wall_1920x1200.jpg") WinMinimizeAll() Global $hSplash = GuiCreate("", @DesktopWidth+5, @DesktopHeight+5, -5, -5,$WS_POPUP,$WS_THICKFRAME) ;invinsible fullscreen gui on top google chrome. GUISetBkColor (0xf0f8ff) WinSetTrans($hSplash, "", 5) GUISetState() WinSetOnTop($hSplash, "", 1) EndFunc Func kullanimAc() FileDelete ( @LocalAppDataDir&"\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences" ) $blockctrlaltdel = 0 DllCallbackFree($hHookProc) If Not IsHWnd($hSysTray_Handle[0]) Then ShellExecute(@WindowsDir & "\Explorer.exe") DllCall($winlockdll, "Int", "Keys_Enable_Disable ", "Int", "0") DllCall($winlockdll, "Int", "TaskManager_Enable_Disable", "Int", "1") DllCall($winlockdll, "Int", "TaskSwitching_Enable_Disable", "Int", "1") DllCall($winlockdll, "Int", "Keys_Enable_Disable ", "Int", "0") RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System','DisableChangePassword') RegDelete('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System', 'HideFastUserSwitching') RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer', 'NoLogoff') RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer', 'NoClose') RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System', 'DisableTaskMgr') RegDelete('HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System', 'DisableLockWorkstation') Run("taskkill /im chrome.exe /f /t") Sleep(500) GUIDelete($hSplash) Sleep(500) EndFunc Func _KeyboardProc($nCode, $wParam, $lParam) If $nCode < 0 Then Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($hHookKeyboard, $nCode, $wParam, $lParam) Switch $wParam Case $WM_KEYDOWN, $WM_SYSKEYDOWN, $WM_KEYUP, $WM_SYSKEYUP Local $tKEYHOOKS = DllStructCreate($tagKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT, $lParam) Local $vKode = DllStructGetData($tKEYHOOKS, "vkCode") Local $iFlags = DllStructGetData($tKEYHOOKS, "flags") Switch $vKode Case $VK_F4 If BitAND($iFlags, $LLKHF_ALTDOWN) Then Return -1 Else Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($hHookKeyboard, $nCode, $wParam, $lParam) EndIf EndSwitch EndSwitch Return _WinAPI_CallNextHookEx($hHookKeyboard, $nCode, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc #region ; WinEventHook Functions Func _WinEventHook_Proc($h_Hook, $iEvent, $hWnd, $idObject, $idChild, $iEventThread, $iEventTime) ;ConsoleWrite($hWnd & @TAB & $idObject & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(TimerInit() & @tab & hex($iEvent,4) & @tab & "IsDesktopLocked()" & @tab & IsDesktopLocked() & @crlf) EndFunc ;==>_WinEventHook_Proc Func _WinEventHook_Set($iEventMin, $iEventMax, $hDLLUser32) Local $aRet Local Const $WINEVENT_OUTOFCONTEXT = 0x0 Local Const $WINEVENT_SKIPOWNPROCESS = 0x2 If Not $hDLLUser32 Or $hDLLUser32 = -1 Then $hDLLUser32 = "User32.dll" $aRet = DllCall($hDLLUser32, "hwnd", "SetWinEventHook", _ "uint", $iEventMin, _ "uint", $iEventMax, _ "hwnd", 0, _ "ptr", DllCallbackGetPtr($h_WinEventHook_Proc), _ "int", 0, _ "int", 0, _ "uint", $WINEVENT_OUTOFCONTEXT) ; BitOR($WINEVENT_OUTOFCONTEXT, $WINEVENT_SKIPOWNPROCESS) If @error Then Return SetError(@error, 0, 0) Return $aRet[0] EndFunc ;==>_WinEventHook_Set Func _WinEventHook_UnSet() If $h_WinEventHook_Proc Then DllCallbackFree($h_WinEventHook_Proc) EndIf If $h_Hook Then DllCall($h_DLL_User32, "int", "UnhookWinEvent", "hwnd", $h_Hook) If $h_DLL_User32 Then DllClose($h_DLL_User32) EndFunc ;==>_WinEventHook_UnSet #endregion ; WinEventHook Functions Func IsDesktopLocked() Local $hDesktop Local $iRet Local $iRC Local $sMsg Local Const $DESKTOP_SWITCHDESKTOP = 0x100 $hDesktop = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "OpenDesktop", "str", "Default", "int", 0, "int", 0, "int", $DESKTOP_SWITCHDESKTOP) $iRet = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "SwitchDesktop", "int", $hDesktop[0]) If IsArray($iRet) Then If $iRet[0] = 0 Then if $blockctrlaltdel = 1 Then Run("rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation") EndIf $iRC = 1 ElseIf $iRet[0] = 1 Then $iRC = 0 EndIf Else EndIf DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "CloseDesktop", "int", $hDesktop[0]);<-- handle returned by "OpenDesktop" ;$iRet = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "CloseDesktop", "int", $iRet[0]) Return ($iRC) EndFunc ;==>IsDesktopLocked Func _EXIT() kullanimAc() HotKeySet("{ESCAPE}") Exit EndFunc While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd  
      WinLockDll.dll

pc-kilitle.au3
    • copyleft
      By copyleft
      I am trying to create a script to clean up users' desktops by moving all desktop folders and files (except the two hidden "desktop.ini" files and a MyDesktop.lnk shortcut) to a different folder. The script below will move files but not folders. The other issue with the script is that it doesn't seem to execute from a location other than the user's desktop. I would appreciate any suggestions.
      #include <File.au3> MsgBox(64, "Desktop", "Cleaning up Desktop. This box will close in 4 seconds.", 4) $Files = _FileListToArray(@DesktopDir,"*",1) For $Index = 1 To $Files[0] If StringRight($Files[$Index],4) <> ".ini, MyDesktop.lnk" Then FileMove($Files[$Index],'F:\HOME\Desktop') EndIf Next  
    • elsemieni
      By elsemieni
      Hey hello.
      I came here with maybe too specific questions about uncommon things, but as people says, I don't lose anything trying to asking here 
      There's long time that I have a little "experimental" idea: Use windows desktop and it icon system like old videogame consoles (where "sprites" are used to draw things on screen, can be manipulated/animated to make interesting things happen). Some of that inspiration came from another experiments from demoscene.
      Researching the possibilities of doing something like that (maybe not so intense) I found that the Windows Desktop uses a GuiListView to show and arrange icons (and of course, AutoIt provides UDF's for that  ). So, I'm used that UDF to create dummy icons (not putting files on Desktop, just modifiying the "GUI layer" of desktop for put non-working icons), setting custom values like coordinates, name and Icon (from a list of loaded icons in the GuiListView).  As you can see in next image works well in Windows XP... even in Windows 95 (that's not the case from Windows Vista to 10, but I already posted another question here about that... anyways, for now I'm working that with a isolated XP machine... sigh).

Another video doing an animation with that:
      How I make that custom icons? Here:
      $hWnd = ControlGetHandle("Program Manager", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]") $newItem = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem ( $hWnd, "TEST", 32 ) ; with an icon of index 32 _GUICtrlListView_SetItemPosition ( $hWnd, $newItem, 300, 300 ) ; set some example property. Put in X=300 Y=300 Okay, so the next phase was changing the icons with custom ones. And here starts the issues. As AutoIT help says, icons from GuiListView came from a loaded GUIImageList, which, seeing past images I conclude that it's already preloaded with some sort of most used icons (something like an icon cache?). But If I modify it (or create another GUIImageList and then put into the GuiListView) the icons became corrupted and replaced with blank ones. (can be reverted deleting IconCache.db, just like when windows shows wrong icons in desktop).
      How I change icons? Here
      $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(48, 48, 5) ; create an image list for 48x48 icons $newIcon = _GUIImageList_AddIcon($imageList, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 110) ; just adding a new icon in the image list _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($hWnd, $hImage, 0) ; $hwnd is the desktop hwnd Another option as workaround for setting icons was getting the desktop GUIImageList, and modifiyng it directly. I otbtain a GUIImageList handle, but ... without any images inside! (That's strange beacuse, when I set desktop item icons without altering the GUIImageList, it applies correctly). And finally if I try to add new ones, it returns -1 with @error setted.
      How I'm trying to get  desktop GUIImageList? Here.
      $imageList = _GUICtrlListView_GetImageList ( $hWnd, 0 ) MsgBox(0,_GUIImageList_GetImageCount ( $imageList ), $imageList) ; getting image count and GUIImageList handle $newIcon = _GUIImageList_AddIcon($imageList, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 110) ; adding icons without success So, what is the question? There's something wrong I'm doing while trying to set the new icon set on desktop? Or desktop icons work in different way than the rest of the GuiListView's? Or there's something really stupid that I can't saw before that corrupts the icons? 
      Also... if there's not known solution for that, do you have some idea for doing a workaround for that? Or another crazy idea? (Maybe putting real files instead dummy icons could be a solution ... a very slow one). Or even maybe (maybe not, I sure about that xD) do you want to help with this "experiment".
      Thanks in advance, have a good day  
    • k4rl3on
      By k4rl3on
      Hi,
      How can i make function _ExplorerGetSelectedItems get selecteds items on the Desktop?
      Func _ExplorerGetSelectedItems($sCabinetWClass="[CLASS:CabinetWClass]") Local $Ret = "" Local $aIndexes, $sSelected, $sSelected_Path Local $hSearch, $sCurrentFile $sSelected_Path = ControlGetText($sCabinetWClass, "", "Edit1") ConsoleWrite($sSelected_Path&@CRLF) $aIndexes = StringSplit(ControlListView($sCabinetWClass, "", "SysListView321", "GetSelected", 1), "|") If $aIndexes[0] = 1 And ($aIndexes[1] == "" Or $aIndexes[1] = 0) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) For $i = 1 To $aIndexes[0] $sSelected = ControlListView($sCabinetWClass, "", "SysListView321", "GetText", $aIndexes[$i]) $sCurrentFile = StringRegExpReplace($sSelected_Path, "\\+$", "") & "\" & $sSelected If Not FileExists($sCurrentFile) Then ;Search the extension for file... $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sCurrentFile & ".*") If $hSearch <> -1 Then $sSelected = FileFindNextFile($hSearch) FileClose($hSearch) EndIf EndIf ;Check if item is a directory If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sCurrentFile), "D") > 0 Then $sSelected = "*"&$sSelected $Ret = $Ret&$sSelected&Chr(10) Sleep(1) Next Return $Ret EndFunc